Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Prospect Danny Kristo 2 year deal: Will Report to Hamilton

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
He is getting paid a la Radulov

1 year = a few weeks

Contract should have started in 2013-2014 :(

Or he could have not signed at all and then signed with another team.

We have to accept reality sometimes and not be upset when the perfect thing doesn't happen in every situation.

pine*

T'essaie de prouver quoi, Pine?

I'm stating facts. There is no insinuation on my behalf. Cold-hard facts. Danny Kristo is currently 22, will turn 23 in June and 24 in June of 2014.

Happy to have him signed.

LucaGTI

Sep 28, 2012
Montreal
Wow finally he's signed!

To the people who are weeping about our inactivity today, try to imagine what our team is going to look like years from now. I mean, REALLY think about it.

Subban, Price, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Collberg, Vail, Hudon, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Eller, Kristo, Archambeault, etc etc etc.

We're already a good team, as we've seen this season, but it seems like we're going to become a force to be reckoned with.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Too bad the Dogs don't have a lot of games left.

I like the fact we have so many good prospects this year and next.

Between Hudon, Collberg, Kristo, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Leblanc, Bournival, Vail and more to add soon, they're going to be a good team to watch and see develop!

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I'm stating facts. There is no insinuation on my behalf. Cold-hard facts. Danny Kristo is currently 22, will turn 23 in June and 24 in June of 2014.

Happy to have him signed.

Genius pine.

So, after the 9 games remaining with Hamilton, it will burned his first year?

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Now with butter flavor ;)

m.png

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
No, i'm happy to have him sign.

But 23 years old, never played pro hockey and never played 82 games...! But, he's still one our of top prospect and i like him.

Gotta start somewhere. I'm sure at 23 he will be more capable of handling an 82 game season than he would of at 20. I would also suggest not underestimating going to school and playing a sport. Studying for finals in the middle of a hockey season could be down right painful.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Wow finally he's signed!

To the people who are weeping about our inactivity today, try to imagine what our team is going to look like years from now. I mean, REALLY think about it.

Subban, Price, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Collberg, Vail, Hudon, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Eller, Kristo, Archambeault, etc etc etc.

We're already a good team, as we've seen this season, but it seems like we're going to become a force to be reckoned with.

This guy will never be an NHLer and Vail is not much better. Lets not overrate our players people...

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
So hes getting a full year salary for less than 1 month?

good for him LOL

No.

NHL contracts are pro-rated.

If he's making 800k a season, and there's only 10% of this season left, then he's making 80k until the end of the season (all random numbers of course).

It just means that we burn a year off the contract with just a few games, but that was obviously intentional.

LucaGTI

Sep 28, 2012
Montreal
This guy will never be an NHLer and Vail is not much better. Lets not overrate our players people...

People said the same thing about Gallagher and look where he is now. Lets not underestimate them either. I'm just stating that we have alot of young guys who could potentially be up there one day. Anyways the overall intention of my post is that we have a good prospect pool.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Wow finally he's signed!

Let's wait and see shall we? Kristo, Archambault, Vail, Hudon, Collberg and co haven't proved anything in the pro. They're mostly a long way of being productive players in the NHL, let alone playing in the NHL.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Really feel he can make the team out of camp next season and have a Matt Read kind of impact.

pine*

Really feel he can make the team out of camp next season and have a Matt Read kind of impact.

I think he can help the team now on a 3rd line with Eller if Bourque still isn't ready in the immediate future.

LucaGTI

Sep 28, 2012
Montreal
Let's wait and see shall we? Kristo, Archambault, Vail, Hudon, Collberg and co haven't proved anything in the pro. They're mostly a long way of being productive players in the NHL, let alone playing in the NHL.

I'm not trying to say that they're definitely going to be superstars and will win us a cup. What I am trying to say is that it's something to look forward to. It's something we can be excited for as a potential future. If anyone mistook my post as "omg were gonna be the best evar" then I'm sorry for misdirecting you.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
A lot of people have been regurgitating the same information as everyone else but it seems that not many people have seen him play and we're all just speculating and hoping that he'll be an NHL player sooner rather than later. It seems we do this kind of thing all the time (See Avtsin as an example).

I think everyone needs to moderate their expectations seeing as we're all running off of speculation, at least that's what I'm doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad