Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Mike Weaver (1 year, 1.75m)

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
We're transitioning to a whole new generation on defense. The Gilbert and Weaver signing will help getting through that. It had to happen at one point. And I'm glad Gorges is gone, though I wish we could've had more for him.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
You know he Gilbert signing has allowed Emelin to move back to his natural side. It makes the d a lot better. Emelin was awful on his off side.

This. Moving Emelin to LD is like an upgrade on Emelin.

Concerned Weaver may block Pateryn/Nygren though -- Therrien loves his vets see Cube.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
This. Moving Emelin to LD is like an upgrade on Emelin.

Concerned Weaver may block Pateryn/Nygren though -- Therrien loves his vets see Cube.

This.

I see this as a good move. A cheaper of version of Gorges, who is a heart and should type player. It also forces Tinordi and Beaulieu to earn a position this year. There is nothing guaranteed. It also gives them another year to develop.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...NO MORE FRANKIE FREAKIN' BOO BOO!!...

80389-Neon-Dance.gif

:yo:

highstick14*

Subban Markov
Gilbert Emelin
Weaver Tinordi

Use Beaulieu as a trading chip, he's useless to us. Subban is gonna be our top offensive guy for the next 10 years, Beaulieu isn't great defensively, package him for a top 6 forward.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Funny poolside Tweet hehehe. I guess one year is good insurance, feared he could get two. Only $250k higher than Cube last season, and valuable that MW's a RD. Ideally he plays about half the games and Pateryn/Nygren get their chances on the 3rd pairing.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
Gilbert, Weaver, Tinordi and Beaulieu is a lot better than Gorges, Diaz, Bouillon, Murray.

That is a MASSIVE upgrade in lower and depth Ds in a single year.

Bonus - Everyone's playing on their side now.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Subban Markov
Gilbert Emelin
Weaver Tinordi

Use Beaulieu as a trading chip, he's useless to us. Subban is gonna be our top offensive guy for the next 10 years, Beaulieu isn't great defensively, package him for a top 6 forward.

:laugh:

The puck possession skills on the 2nd and 3rd pairing tho...

Newflash: the more talented hockey players you have on your team, the better the odds you'll be a winning team. Limiting ourselves to Subban as the single PMD on this team is Pejorative Slured. Markov won't last forever.

LesHabs66

Apr 11, 2007
Minneapolis MN
I like seeing Weaver return for more more year. He might not be the biggest one on the ice but he certainly plays much bigger and seems fearless at blocking shots.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Welcome back mike! Great news

I don't see this as taking one of the kids spots as mike easily won't be playing every game

You need guys like mike

LastChancePrice

Dec 12, 2004
YAYAYAY

Pacioretty - DD - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Parenteau
Bourque - Eller - Sekac
Prust - Malhotra - Weise

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Gilbert
Beaulieu - Weaver

^^no offence but i thought it was gona get better than that..

Sekac wont play here. Hoping for 1 or 2 other forward signing. Bring us Iginla and Moulson Bergy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad