Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Mike Weaver (1 year, 1.75m)

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Played great last year I think he will split time in and out of the lineup. Great vet presence right handed and it only only year deal I don't know $ yet but it like not a deal breaker.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
RD
Subban
Gilbert
Weaver
Pateryn/Nygren

LD
Markov
Emelin
Beaulieu/Tinordi

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I like it a lot. Feel bad for Tinordi/Beaulieu who are likely to be splitting their time being 6th and 7th though.

There will be injuries likely. Pateryn/Tinordi/Beaulieu maybe even Nygren will rotate in the lineup. Perhaps one of them traded.

habscup*

Ok so we have a good number 5 and 6 now with Weaver and Gilbert. Good number 1 in Subban, good number 3 in Markov. Good replacements in Beaulieu and Tinordi. But we need a good number 2 still. Dont know about Emelin, hopefully he can be a good number 4.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
You know he Gilbert signing has allowed Emelin to move back to his natural side. It makes the d a lot better. Emelin was awful on his off side.

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah, but I expected him to be a guy to solidify the bottom pairing with a young defenceman and move up if there's injury, not a guy relied upon for minutes.

The play of the young guys will dictate this, if they perform they will move up and Gilbert will be phased out. Bergevin is doing it right.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Whew... a little more stability. Good transition signing until Tinordi is ready.

There are always a **** load of injuries anyway. They'll all get playing time. No more Bou guys. That's a win right there.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
my favorite part about this signing and gorges move is the team finally ****ing realized emelin needs to be on LD

habscup*

That defence is ugly as fuark, though...

Not really, Gilbert, Weaver are great 5-6 with Beualieu and Tinordi. Markov is a good number 3, Emelin HOPEFULLY can be a good number 4 with a full training camp. Obviously Subban is number 1. We still need a number 2 though. But wait, Bergy is not done yet.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Not really, Gilbert, Weaver are great 5-6 with Beualieu and Tinordi. Markov is a good number 3, Emelin HOPEFULLY can be a good number 4 with a full training camp. Obviously Subban is number 1. We still need a number 2 though. But wait, Bergy is not done yet.

Gilbert will be top 4.

Something like:

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Gilbert
Beaulieu - Weaver
Tinordi

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Excellent day already for the Habs, and Gorges being interviewed has got his head on straight again. Good to hear, good luck to him and his family in the future!:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007

I think we are done on D and that D is ok. We might have some trouble at the beggining if Beaulieu and Tinner start is rocky, but I'm ok with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad