Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Mike Weaver (1 year, 1.75m)

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
Canadiens Montréal verified
"Probably about 20 minutes before noon, Berg called me. I was pleasantly surprised he called. It turned out great."-Mike Weaver

"I'm happy to be part of the Montreal Canadiens again and for a full year. I'm happy to be in a hockey city."-Weaver

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin 36s
Mike Weaver: "At one point talks were dead for sure. I told Bergevin I should be taking poker classes because he played me pretty good."

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Mike Weaver ‏@mikeweaver_43

Fier d'être de retour! We had the contract signed for a few weeks! Just wanted to keep everyone in suspense! #LeDream

When a reporter asked MB about this, he looked annoyed and mentioned that he doesn't read tweets.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Glad Weaver is back. Gorges blocking trade to Toronto no doubt paved the way for his return.

I think had they traded Gorges to Toronto, they wouldn't have signed Gilbert.

Weaver was always plan A as #5 d-man IMHO.

I think moving Gorges allowed them to spend a bit more on Weaver. I'm sure Weaver could have probably gotten a better deal as UFA(a bit more money and at least 2 year term) but you could tell he loves it here.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Happy about this contract, like the player and he is a warrior. He cans till play 60+ game this season.

I think sitting him a few games here and there would be good, to keep him more healthy and also to give the kids like Beau and Tinordi more games.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Bru_akXCYAAl-JF.jpg

Mike Weaver @mikeweaver_43 · 3h
Had a great round @TurnberryGolfCA What a great day!!!

lol i hope he keeps the joke going.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Mike Weaver ‏@mikeweaver_43

Fier d'être de retour! We had the contract signed for a few weeks! Just wanted to keep everyone in suspense! #LeDream

When a reporter asked MB about this, he looked annoyed and mentioned that he doesn't read tweets.
Whoever that reporter is, is an idiot. Weaver was just joking around, very obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad