Confirmed with Link: Habs sign LD Ben Chiarot (Part 2)

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Yeah, a top 4 in Winterpeg is a journeyman on the worst D squad in the league! Solid evaluation Craig! Solid!
Oh please, so you think this guy is the answer to our top 4 need???? NO.

He’s a bottom pairing D, we didn’t need that. And in 3 years we will be very glad to see him go because we will have 5 guys better than him to play on the left.

Bergevin strikes again.

So yeah, Craig is right, this is stop #2 for a journeyman.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I've already found the nickname that we should use for Chiarot next season. We would do well to dub him ''Bean'' because the letters taken from his name and ordered differently spell ''Haricot'', the french equivalent to ''Bean'' in english.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
I've already found the nickname that we should use for Chiarot next season. We would do well to dub him ''Bean'' because the letters taken from his name and ordered differently spell ''Haricot'', the french equivalent to ''Bean'' in english.
How about we nickname him, “Mistake”

BurgerVin you dumb f***, just let the kids play, don’t waste our f***ing Capspace on these players we don’t need and will just take a spot from someone who will be much better than this guy.

Reactions: stopclickbait

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
At this point, MB is just throwing **** at the wall hoping something sticks. Its obvious our left side is garbage. I think MB was hoping for Gardiner but the guy declined becoming a part of this tire fire of a team regardless the money. And Chiarot is the next best thing we found. We just paid 3.5M for a pylon and you guys really think we didnt offer 6M+ for Gardiner ? Ugh. This team is in trouble.

Some inside info?

Reactions: jaffy27

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
One of the reasons Price put up a 2.25 GAA and .925 save % after Weber came back is because Weber actually clears the front of the net which makes Carey's life easier when he's able to see shots. Prior to that he was stuck with smaller or softer guys like Mete/Reilly/Schlemko/Ouellett getting bullied in front of the net which resulted in a lot of goals from screens and tip-ins.

Adding a guy like Chiarot isn't a sexy move like adding a PMD, but having someone who will do the dirty work in front of the net and allow Price to see shots will help the team.

It takes a huge load off Weber as he ages too.

This is a stupid move, add it in his stupid moves column.

BurgerVin is a reetard when it comes to pro scouting and analyzing how these players fit on our team and Capspace.

100% unnecessary player. And what sucks is that Claude will probably favour this guy over the amazing youth we have coming up.

Nobody wanted this guy, especially not at 3.5 mil for 3 years. Only BurgerVin gives out these contracts. Hello Alzner.

DONT SIGN ANYMORE PLAYERS! Serve out your 3 years and disappear you ****ing momo.

Chiarot seems absolutely necessary with the departure of Benn. He also seems like a better, stronger and more relevant piece than Benn. I’m not expecting a top 4 dman but a guy who can take tough minutes on the PK and when we’re up in games. Weber can’t be the only guy clearing the net.

Reactions: dralaf

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
It takes a huge load off Weber as he ages too.

Chiarot seems absolutely necessary with the departure of Benn. He also seems like a better, stronger and more relevant piece than Benn. I’m not expecting a top 4 dman but a guy who can take tough minutes on the PK and when we’re up in games. Weber can’t be the only guy clearing the net.
Paying a 3rd pairing guy 3.5 million for 3 years is idiotic.. Oh BurgerVin you will never learn.

Reactions: stopclickbait

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Someone prove Chiarot is better than Benn (and I hated Benn). You can't because he isn't.

Also, I'm f***ing tired of the 'Solid' word when describing a defenseman.

You wanna know what Solid means?

Solid - a hockey term - "Used to define a hockey player with no discernible skill. A player is often referred to as solid when there's no explanation for why coaches in the NHL use them as much as they do, but since someone has to appeal to authority, the term solid applies."

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
unknown.png

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yeah, a top 4 in Winterpeg is a journeyman on the worst D squad in the league! Solid evaluation Craig! Solid!
Yes, folks, the king of impartial evaluation has spoken. Bergevin could sign Patrice Brisebois and you would call it a solid move. You love the man, he is a genius. We all get it.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Most important question: Is he better than David "Copperfield" Schlemko?

He'll definitely be more visible.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
That's not really a bragging point, he is paid 3 times what Benn earned, he should be an upgrade. Karl Alzner was at one point going to Weber's best D partner ever, let's wait and see.
Not bragging, it’s just the way it is

Jul 6, 2016
That’s Kulak’s spot. Kulak is so much better then Chiarot. What a useless wasteful signing. 3 years of this guy clogging up the left while our young guns get the shaft. Just watch it happen.

Is training camp already started ? Does Chiarot played one shift yet with the Habs ?

CJ will use him whre he feels he can perform better. What's the point going all "drama queen" mode ?

Reactions: jaffy27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad