Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Jesperi Kotkaniemi to 3-Year ELC ($925K)

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Why not give him a chance? Play him between byron and Gallagher. You can’t go wrong Centring these 2.
They show up every game. Great role models

Reactions: Heffyhoof

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Just awesome, happy for the kid
No rush, work out at your own pace, Poehling looks just fine at 205 from 180, Kotka should aim for about 10 more lbs than what he is now for start

I bring up poehling because hes showing me that its looking more and more like he is a leader and can handle this media, and will probably BE the number 1 center on this team in 2 years time and we wont need PPG from him as he does to start off, what we need from him is to basically take up the space and create a situation where Kotkaniemi can come in and be a sort of Kuznetsov 2nd line center until HE can transition into the top line C role himself

Poehling and Kotka up the middle in the future is super exciting, X-factor is Olofsson who has me more intrigued

Reactions: Adam Michaels

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Great signing for the Habs, treating their players like human beings not #'s. This is what will entice star players once again to play in Montreal, IMHO!!!...:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Reactions: Redux91

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The contract slides unless he's playing North American pro. It specifically says ''North American.''

The contract will slide as long as he doesn't appear in more then 10 NHL games during his first 2 years. So if he plays in the AHL next year, the contract will slide as long as he doesn't play more then 10 games in the NHL.

Reactions: vokiel

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I don't get it.

Habs fans are desperately crying in their demand of future centers. Then they managed to pick the best one of the draft class, and they still cry about it. They recognize the urgency of process of real rebuilding, but they cry about their luck when actually getting highly likely a future core building block for the process taking necessarily few years.

They got also One Man Army and some auxiliaries (almost free), and they are still crying. I don't get it.

It would be probably best to send a full cohort of cheap Finnish UFAs to Montreal to fix the attitude problem, Saku being their GM. ;D

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
Can someone explain what the point of this signing is? I get that he can play in Finland, but shouldn't we have waited until he was ready to come over? Doesn't this mean he will play in the NHL/AHL next year? He should play 1 more full year in Finland.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Can someone explain what the point of this signing is? I get that he can play in Finland, but shouldn't we have waited until he was ready to come over? Doesn't this mean he will play in the NHL/AHL next year? He should play 1 more full year in Finland.

It could be nothing more than a Goodwill gesture, who knows.

All I care about is that this contract does not appear to burn his entry level years, unless he actually plays here.

Reactions: Ethan Wiles

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

You know for 100% you have him on contract and Kotka gets a bit of money.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
It could be nothing more than a Goodwill gesture, who knows.

All I care about is that this contract does not appear to burn his entry level years, unless he actually plays here.
Oh I thought it did burn the years. That's why I was concerned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad