Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Jesperi Kotkaniemi to 3-Year ELC ($925K)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Does the ELC starts when it's signed or when the player starts his first pro game?

would guess pro games
Entry-Level Slide Candidates - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

If a player who is signed to an entry-level contract and is 18 or 19 years of age (as of September 15 of the signing year), does not play in a minimum of 10 NHL games (including both regular season and playoffs; AHL games do not count), their contract is considered to ‘slide’, or extend, by one year. For example, if a player signed an ELC for three seasons from 2015-16 to 2017-2018, and their contract slides, their contract is now effective from 2016-17 to 2018-19. An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide.

Because signing bonuses are paid regardless of a slide, the bonuses paid on the slide year no longer count to the players remaining cap hit. The cap hit therefore changes - the players salary is averaged without the signing bonus.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Can't believe Bergevin is such an idiot that he'd sign his 3OA pick to such a huge contract. Molson is going to be hurting financially. He's going to keep our young players from developing. It's just because he's Finnish.

Am I doing this right?

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Can't believe Bergevin is such an idiot that he'd sign his 3OA pick to such a huge contract. Molson is going to be hurting financially. He's going to keep our young players from developing. It's just because he's Finnish.

Am I doing this right?
Im not sure what you’re trying to do to be honest

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
lmao yessss, great free agent signing!

for real i would of waited after his next ear in finland, sign the entrydeal and get him in Laval but oh well

edit : my bad nvm didnt realize the contract can slide, thank god

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->