Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Galchenyuk to 3 year deal, $4.9M AAV

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Ok so was on the main board about trade rumors and someone pulled out from APG AG+Serge for RNH.

Man glad that one didn't go through.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
That's your take but to me it looks like there is nothing Galchenyuk can do in your eyes to outvalue Drouin and that's a scary notion.

Who ever started a conversation about what Galchenyuk COULD do to become more valuable?? I've obviously and extensively reasoned why he ISN'T.

I asked you a simple yes/no question and you were unable to answer it without platitudes.

It was a stupid question. No one worth discussing anything with would evaluate players based purely on points, and that's what you're asking me to do. <-- More of an answer than it deserved

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'd have a hard time trading Galchenyuk straight up for RNH, let alone adding Sergachev. :laugh:

Brutal.

I would definitely not trade AG for RNH one for one. At best it's an okay trade. At worst it's a trade people will talk about for many years and not for the good reason.

RNH is in the same situation AG will be at the end of next season if he doesn't blossom this year. RNH is 24 years old his ship has likely sailed. He could still figure it out but he is likely a career soft 50-55 points guy à la Plekanec. imo there's more chances at this point for AG to figure it out and become an elite player than RNH.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I would definitely not trade AG for RNH one for one. At best it's an okay trade. At worst it's a trade people will talk about for many years and not for the good reason.

Exactly.

Trading Chucky for either of RNH/Duchene is a sideways move no matter how you slice it... slight potential upgrade, very likely downgrade..

Hard pass from me on trading him for either of them.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I wouldn't trade AG for RNH straight up, but for Duchene I think you'd have to pull the trigger. It's a gamble for both teams, but I think Duchene is the better gamble- at least in terms of being a top 6 centerman.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Plekanec scored 47 points when he was 24. But yeah - no chance a 40 point Danault could ever be close to being as good because he has obviously can't improve much.

Plekanec is the odd case of a late bloomer. Not very many players bust out at 26 like he did. Off the top of my head the Sedins are the only other late bloomer examples I can think of. Its not impossible for Danault to improve, especially if its just modest improvement, but its a long shot to think he has major development left in him. It would be nice, but I don't think its wise to expect too much more than what he has already shown. If he can maintain his current level for us for the rest of his 20s I'll be happy. If he improves upon that then that's even better. I just don't think that it would be wise to bank on it.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Who is still left on this team that would have been a good friend of Galchenyuk? Gallagher maybe? It seems like everyone that he was close to is gone but yet he gets signed, I thought he was automatically traded based on the way he was used at the end of the year. It seems odd with how he has been bounced around that he now would somehow be the potential saviour of the team or is he still going to be a 4th line winger?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Who is still left on this team that would have been a good friend of Galchenyuk? Gallagher maybe? It seems like everyone that he was close to is gone but yet he gets signed, I thought he was automatically traded based on the way he was used at the end of the year. It seems odd with how he has been bounced around that he now would somehow be the potential saviour of the team or is he still going to be a 4th line winger?

You have to be kidding...

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
What's APG?

as per garfield.

Anyways just check the trade and free agent's board and look for trades that didn't happen board.

Anyways not saying its 100% but it was a funny rumor posted on the main board.

Way over ask by EDM.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Plekanec is the odd case of a late bloomer. Not very many players bust out at 26 like he did. Off the top of my head the Sedins are the only other late bloomer examples I can think of. Its not impossible for Danault to improve, especially if its just modest improvement, but its a long shot to think he has major development left in him. It would be nice, but I don't think its wise to expect too much more than what he has already shown. If he can maintain his current level for us for the rest of his 20s I'll be happy. If he improves upon that then that's even better. I just don't think that it would be wise to bank on it.

I don't know if Pleky's progression should be categorized as an outlier. Came to NA at 19, soon to be 20, and played 3 full AHL seasons including the lockout year. By the 2005-2006 playoffs at age 23 he had shown he was a competent 2-way NHL player. Losing that lockout year makes comparisons of development paths fairly uneven.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

Same. Not sure how he isn't packaged for Space Cap-man this guy is going to look awesome in a habs jersey :laugh:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Hope he's training seriously because judging by his Instagram, he seems to just want to find an excuse to post pics of his abs.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
No, I judge based on their gameplay. Just making an observation.
You've been attacking his character and person for months now, often relying on his instagram to support your arguments. He hasn't played a professional game in months. Get off it.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You've been attacking his character and person for months now, often relying on his instagram to support your arguments. He hasn't played a professional game in months. Get off it.

I've never once mentioned his Instagram until now. I don't really judge his character either. Mentioned the incident with his girlfriend one time, but that's it. Always stick to the point that he's just not that good of a hockey player, but I could not care less about what he's like off the ice.

Use your pent up frustration on something else.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Hope he's training seriously because judging by his Instagram, he seems to just want to find an excuse to post pics of his abs.

It seems like he trains pretty hard. I just feel like that maybe his methods aren't translating to the game as well as they should. Cammy looked like an utter beast in the gym but he was slow and could not win battles for pucks.

Lehkonen's methods seem odd but clearly they're working. You have to wonder how much supervising Allard is doing of these guys.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It seems like he trains pretty hard. I just feel like that maybe his methods aren't translating to the game as well as they should. Cammy looked like an utter beast in the gym but he was slow and could not win battles for pucks.

Lehkonen's methods seem odd but clearly they're working. You have to wonder how much supervising Allard is doing of these guys.

I guess that's my concern too. His main physical issues are strength and explosiveness. Running up stairs really only helps endurance. Just seems to be focusing on the wrong things though we obviously don't see his entire training regimen.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: