Confirmed with Link: Habs sign defenseman Mac Bennett to a two-year contract

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Bennett is nothing special. A Diaz, at best.

He is certainly not the second coming of MacDonagh.

So he's an NHL defensemen? Yeah Bulldogs must be infuriated that he's likely joining them.

Seriously tho he was highly rated some time ago, I'm surprised some people act like he's obscure. I know some here are very high on him, and he's known to have serious wheels. Intriguing prospect imho.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yeah i know, but i prefer the package that Thrower and Dietz brings.

They bring a totally different package. Of course, those 2 bring the toughness that Bennett doesn't have. But frankly, I would say that I prefer Bennett IQ over the other 2 even if I like Dietz very much. And while I'm not too sure how Thrower will develop.

If we're lucky, Thrower might develop into a Radko Gudas. But I'd say that he's probably one of the 3 with the least chance at graduating....not saying he won't though. His year this year was awesome to see. For Dietz....well too soon to tell with the season he had this year. But then, we will have to wait as Bennett do have 3 years over those 2 guys.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
What's the latest news on Thrower and Vail? Will they be offered a contract or no?

They both showed clear improvements this season, especially Thrower, and Vail showed some offensive potential.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Major logjam on Hamilton D next year.

Pateryn, Tinordi, Bealieu, Ellis, Dietz, etc.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I think Ellis is ****ed for next year. It could be a good idea to loan him to a team with **** defense.

No chance.... Ellis is not leaving soon. Tinordi won't see any AHL games next year IMO. Schiestel and McIver are out at the end of the season. The only question mark to me is Chouinard who I think is playing very well for Hamilton this year. Any chance they get rid of Drewiske?

Beaulieu-Ellis
Bennett-Pateryn
Chouinard-Dietz
Thrower

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
No chance.... Ellis is not leaving soon. Tinordi won't see any AHL games next year IMO. Schiestel and McIver are out at the end of the season. The only question mark to me is Chouinard who I think is playing very well for Hamilton this year. Any chance they get rid of Drewiske?

Beaulieu-Ellis
Bennett-Pateryn
Chouinard-Dietz
Thrower
Well Nygren could possibly be back. Ellis has been in the dog house this year and his progression in the last two seasons has been nothing spectacular... We have a lot of defenseman and I think it'd be good to send Thrower to the ECHL next season.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Well Nygren could possibly be back. Ellis has been in the dog house this year and his progression in the last two seasons has been nothing spectacular... We have a lot of defenseman and I think it'd be good to send Thrower to the ECHL next season.

Nygren will never ever return back to Hamilton, its either MTL or Sweden.
We did not watch the same games this year, to me Ellis have been a rock defensively before the big collapse of the last 2 weeks. His progression have been very good this year compare to last year...

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Nygren will never ever return back to Hamilton, its either MTL or Sweden.
We did not watch the same games this year, to me Ellis have been a rock defensively before the big collapse of the last 2 weeks. His progression have been very good this year compare to last year...

Yeah but he'll be behind Pateryn next season and I wouldn't be surprised if Dietz surpasses him next season due to his offensive abilities. Didier's mobility (who plays a similar game to Ellis) might give him the nod too if the organization sees Didier replacing Ellis once his ELC runs out.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Yeah but he'll be behind Pateryn next season and I wouldn't be surprised if Dietz surpasses him next season due to his offensive abilities. Didier's mobility (who plays a similar game to Ellis) might give him the nod too.

I tought that Didier was coming for is senior season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad