Confirmed with Link: Habs sign defenseman Mac Bennett to a two-year contract

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The addition of Mac should make Lefebrve's job so much easier, and the Bulldogs a much improved team next season. That's the Bennett that makes their family a 3rd generation with a NHL player, his Grandfather was in nets for the Rocket's 50 in 50 goal. Two uncles were forwards and represented Team USA(Canada Cup 76) and had long NHL careers.

McKinley Bennett will be a Hab of that I have little doubt, definitely an NHLer long term.:handclap:

I tell my wife that I have seen the Habs hoist 9 Cups, and all I want is to see another before I leave this planet. I hope Bennett makes it in a big way.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I hope he pans out, I really do but I just think he is overhyped. I have seen him play about a dozen times, smooth skater, sound. Defensively but nothing that makes me think at age 23 that he will evolve into anything special. I hope I am wrong.

Problem is that overhyped based on what? Who in here says he's playing on our top 4 next year? Who talks about him being a PPG in Hamilton next year? We're just saying he has skills that are great to see and he actually might have in him to be a NHL'er. So unless you think, by watching him a lot, that he will be nothing else than a ECHL'er...well yes, then he is overhyped. But I think that's not what you mean.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Problem is that overhyped based on what? Who in here says he's playing on our top 4 next year? Who talks about him being a PPG in Hamilton next year? We're just saying he has skills that are great to see and he actually might have in him to be a NHL'er. So unless you think, by watching him a lot, that he will be nothing else than a ECHL'er...well yes, then he is overhyped. But I think that's not what you mean.

I hope he makes it, I am just thinking that based on his age and that his performance never became dominant from year two to year 4 that I don't thing his upside will amount to much. But understand that I am simply a fan with an opinion that means squat, it is simply how I see it. I hope I am wrong.

Oct 22, 2012
House music? What a bust.

Actually really impressed by his sound cloud, not that I have any knowledge of what is involved in producing these beats. Seems creative, could relate to his game, which I'm more interested in.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
The best analysis of Hamilton d-man on the board so far - good job. The big question mark is will Nygren play in North America next year?

Our D looks fine. I am more concerned about our forwards. Hudon, Nevins and maybe Bozon (we still don't know his status but at least he's alive) and hopefully Vail. I don't see any other prospects making the jump. Is that enough to help Hamilton become competitive?

The year after is another story. De Larose, McCarron and Crisp (more than just bruisers) and Reway will all be 20 years old and eligible to play in the AHL.

In our scouting and development team we trust! Keep up the good work.

Crisp is AHL eligible next year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So no Bennett to finish the year for the Dogs. Will finish school and has to rehab one of his shoulders too. We'll see him at the rookie camp next summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad