Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Cody Goloubef to a PTO (Update Oct 4: Released from PTO)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Habs claimed Juulsen and Fleury, they'd have to keep them in the NHL. And they'd have to place them on waivers again to send them down. And they can be claimed again. The Panthers and Kraken would have priority to take them back. And if they did, they wouldn't need to put them on waivers again, they can send them straight to the AHL.

Guhle, Harris, and Xhekaj will turn pro next year. Struble may stay another year in college.

Yes, I'm aware those teams would have priority. But no guarantee they claim them back...

Has Struble announced he'll play a 4th year of college, even if he's ready to turn pro developmentally?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yes, I'm aware those teams would have priority. But no guarantee they claim them back...

Has Struble announced he'll play a 4th year of college, even if he's ready to turn pro developmentally?

It's not that he announced it. I'm saying he might end up staying there. Maybe the Habs will prefer he goes back to Northeastern.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's not that he announced it. I'm saying he might end up staying there. Maybe the Habs will prefer he goes back to Northeastern.

Yes, hence why I said perhaps Struble will be in Laval next year...

At any rate I think Fleury and Juulsen each still have a certain potentially, as each doesn't have much AHL seasoning for being waiver eligible- i.e. not like they've had the proper AHL experience and still can't make an NHL roster by the time they're waiver eligible.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
If Habs claimed Juulsen and Fleury, they'd have to keep them in the NHL. And they'd have to place them on waivers again to send them down. And they can be claimed again. The Panthers and Kraken would have priority to take them back. And if they did, they wouldn't need to put them on waivers again, they can send them straight to the AHL.

Guhle, Harris, and Xhekaj will turn pro next year. Struble may stay another year in college.

Norlinder and Kostenko may also be in the mix, so very likely Struble will remain another year in college.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Norlinder and Kostenko may also be in the mix, so very likely Struble will remain another year in college.

If Struble is ready, developmentally, to play AHL, I would think the Habs would make room for him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yes, hence why I said perhaps Struble will be in Laval next year...

At any rate I think Fleury and Juulsen each still have a certain potentially, as each doesn't have much AHL seasoning for being waiver eligible- i.e. not like they've had the proper AHL experience and still can't make an NHL roster by the time they're waiver eligible.

With Guhle, Xhekaj, Harris, and Norlinder coming in next year, I'll be surprised if Habs bring in Struble, as well. Habs don't have a habit of bringing in a bunch of prospects at the same time. And there are four of them set to come next year. And they're all defensemen.

I'm expecting them to have him play a 4th year at Northeastern. They have his rights until August 2024. They may have him go back and with Harris no longer there, he will be the guy there.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
With Guhle, Xhekaj, Harris, and Norlinder coming in next year, I'll be surprised if Habs bring in Struble, as well. Habs don't have a habit of bringing in a bunch of prospects at the same time. And there are four of them set to come next year. And they're all defensemen.

I'm expecting them to have him play a 4th year at Northeastern. They have his rights until August 2024. They may have him go back and with Harris no longer there, he will be the guy there.

True, but there's also the reality that if you can get him under contract next summer, you probably want to take it, because he can go to any team he wants the year after...

On the flip side Fairbrother will also probably be in Laval next year. So that's already 5 new candidates for Laval: Harris, Xehkaj, Norlinder, Guhle, Fairbrother.. . It's the reality of having drafted so many good D prospects in a short period.

They have Struble's rights until August 2023, no?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad