Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Alexandre Alain to a 3 year entry level contract (2 way)

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
1- I have zero problem with the signing, we never know how a player that age will turn out and he deserve a shot.

2- I hope this is more of a hockey move than a PR move (cause it sounds that way....especially after the signing of Barre-Boulet)

3- Can't wait for RDS and 91.9fm clowns to do backflips to give him a preferential treatment.

4- This is still not a move for next year. Only move that will help the team next year matters to me at this point. It's another PR positive move (like firing Lefebvre) that doesn't change anything short-term.
Gives them depth and doesn’t cost anything. Even if he can help Laval, it’s still a plus. The forward depth in this organization is pathetic.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Surprised he signed with a team that doesn't have an AHL coach named at the moment if he had other choices

Or maybe they do and maybe Lefebvre firing was more in response to losing out on Barré-Boulet?
Or maybe he knows Joel Bouchard is going to be the next coach/GM for Laval and wanted to work with him again.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Epic

Does he play center?

Edit: or wing, doesn't matter...

Offensive center with decent size.
Looks like he'll be a great LW
:sarcasm:

29374l.jpg

Costello: That's what I want to find out. I want you to tell me who plays on the Habs.
Abbott: I'm telling you. A winger is the first line center, a first line center is a winger and a third line center is a second line center ...
Costello: Wha ...
Abbott: And a third pairing D is a first pairing D.
Costello: Are they going to put an end to this?
Abbott: They promised changes.
Costello: When are these changes coming in?
Abbott: No one knows. They're too busy trying to finish a condo project.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Costello: Didn't they sign a local guy yesterday?
Abbott: Yes, Alexandre Alain.
Costello: What position does he play?
Abbott: He plays wing.
Costello: I thought I heard that the Habs had signed a center.
Abbott: He's listed as a winger in the Q, he is playing wing in the Q playoffs but the Habs announced his signing as a center.
Costello: I thought you said they wouldn't do this anymore?
Abbott: I can't tell you more than this, other GMs might be listening in on our conversation ...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Costello: Well then, who came up with this cockamany strategy?
Abbott: Someone who wanted the team to tank.
Costello: Who might that be?
Abbott: We don't know.
Costello: How don't we know?
Abbott: It's a secret plan.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Costello: So you're rooting for a secret team?
Abbott: No, they promised greater transparency.
Costello: Well, when are they going to tell you?
Abbott: I don't know, they just fired all of their communications staff.
Costello: Why did they get fired?
Abbott: Nobody knows.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Costello: So, do you know anything, anything at all?
Abbott: Yes, of course. The Habs org. are a friends and family business.
Costello: How so?
Abbott: The Rockets' GM is the father of a Rockets' assistant coach.
Costello: Oh ...
Abbott: All Habs hockey ops staffers are Bergevin close friends.
Costello: Really?
Abbott: A Habs Q scout is the father of a Rockets player ...
Costello: That doesn't work, you can't mix business with friends and family.
Abbott: Sure you can.
Costello: It's like being surrounded by yes-men!
Abbott: Not if they throw F-Bombs around.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Costello: So why are you still a fan of this team?
Abbott: Fan experience.
Costello: But they won't tell you anything!
Abbott: You don't get it.
Costello: What don't I get?!
Abbott: You don't have the right attitude.
Costello: What attitude is that?
Abbott: It all starts with better food.
Costello: So you're hanging in because of better food?
Abbott: I don't know, haven't tasted it yet.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Back to Alain ... I'd much rather see this type of player with the Rocket than a lot of what we saw this year on the roster.

Not cause he's a local kid but there's an outside chance he may amount to something by age 24 or 25. Long shot but didn't cost anything.

Since your avatar is seasonal and you closely followed the Rocket, where do you see Alain slotting?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Back to Alain ... I'd much rather see this type of player with the Rocket than a lot of what we saw this year on the roster.

Not cause he's a local kid but there's an outside chance he may amount to something by age 24 or 25. Long shot but didn't cost anything.

Since your avatar is seasonal and you closely followed the Rocket, where do you see Alain slotting?

Here's what I see in Laval IF they sign Cracknell, who has openly said he wants to return, the center line to me would be: Cracknell/Evans/Audette/Alain.

And you have Pezzetta and Verbeek as options for the center.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here's what I see in Laval IF they sign Cracknell, who has openly said he wants to return, the center line to me would be: Cracknell/Evans/Audette/Alain.

And you have Pezzetta and Verbeek as options for the center.

So there's no question that Alain will be used at center?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So there's no question that Alain will be used at center?

I know the Q site has him listed as a RW. But he plays center at Blainville-Boisbriand. I don't know if he'll be center without question. But I think it's safe to assume he will start at center.

But it's always better to have too many centers and you have to put some on the wings than to have wingers having to play center.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know the Q site has him listed as a RW. But he plays center at Blainville-Boisbriand. I don't know if he'll be center without question. But I think it's safe to assume he will start at center.

But it's always better to have too many centers and you have to put some on the wings than to have wingers having to play center.

Totally agree. I wonder why Bouchard isn't using him as a center right now.

Maybe it's Bouchard's way of endearing himself to MB and his out-of-position ways. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Habitant le colon

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
so for now:

-Froese-
Rychel(RFA)-Evans-Bitten
Addison-Audette-Waked
Pezetta-Verbeek-Alain
- -

RFA:McCcaron,L Shaw,Carr
UFA:Cracknell,Terry

Taormina-Lernout
Valiev(RFA)-
Bourque-Fleury
A.Plant

McNiven

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They moved Audette to LW for some unknown reason and then he got hurt so I never heard if the plan was to put him back at center or not but now that they will have a new coach it's hard to say.

It will be interesting to see where they put Bitten since he can play center or RW.

I would think Cracknell will be back but don't know if they will use him at center or on the wing.

I would put Waked and Pezzetta in the ECHL unless they have a strong camp.

Reactions: Habitant le colon

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Of course! You know that's exactly what would come out of Bergevin's bumbling mouth :laugh:

"Ch'pas d'accord, Philippe, y a pas d'conspiracie, on a pas signé Alain Alexandre à cause que Tampa a signé Barré-Boulette"

:popcorn:

I can definetly see this being said in the next part of the transparency tour

Reactions: Bloumeister

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I love the way alleged facts are established on this and other sites It's complete disinformation and misinformation where, if something is repeated 100 times, it now counts as irrefutable fact.

Example, Larry carrière is a Bergevin crony, one of the yes men friends that Bergevin brought on. He couldn't possibly be let go as Laval GM just because he is part of the old boys network that Bergevin brought in.

Read that a couple of times and it's entirely false. Carrière was already there when Bergevin was hired, but it doesn't matter when it comes to Internet fact. We established that he wasn't, so he wasn't. He's now another guy that Bergevin brought on with him.

This is just an example that folks around these part spot off as truth. Kudos to them for living in a fantasy world and circle jerking with these alleged facts as support.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I love the way alleged facts are established on this and other sites It's complete disinformation and misinformation where, if something is repeated 100 times, it now counts as irrefutable fact.

Example, Larry carrière is a Bergevin crony, one of the yes men friends that Bergevin brought on. He couldn't possibly be let go as Laval GM just because he is part of the old boys network that Bergevin brought in.

Read that a couple of times and it's entirely false. Carrière was already there when Bergevin was hired, but it doesn't matter when it comes to Internet fact. We established that he wasn't, so he wasn't. He's now another guy that Bergevin brought on with him.

This is just an example that folks around these part spot off as truth. Kudos to them for living in a fantasy world and circle jerking with these alleged facts as support.

Nick Carrière is still the son of the AHL GM that got the position despite a very lackluster resume. If we're gonna hire NCAA div 3 coaches, might as well scout the Pee Wee B coaches.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad