Confirmed with Link: Habs sign 3-year regional tv-deal with Rogers

pine*

Lol WTF, Thats Pejorative Slured... I don't have cable anymore.. Cancelled it last year... So I can't watch unless I buy Hockeystreams which can't run on my computer because my cpu sucks.. awesome.... **** sakes.. Unreal

No it's not Pejorative Slured, it's actually quite logical

Swarez

Mar 10, 2011
I have to say that for such a large deal between 2 massive corporations, I'm not sure who fell asleep at the switch here.

The head of Rogers was clear when he said there would be NO black outs in this new deal and all the game would be available accross all Rogers channels accross the entire country.

Now we're hearing the NHL is still blacking out out of region games and Habs fans outside of their viewing region won't have access to all their games.

Add to that the fact that natioanl games are on several different channels accross the board and the confusion as to when and where you can watch games adds to viewer anxiety in stead of alleviating it.

For as good of a deal as this was supposed to be, I feel as an out of regioner, I'm getting hosed. I used to buy the french package with RDS and know I would get all th Hab games. Now, I have no idea what to do!

There are no blackout for the Rogers games they paid for on the national level.
regional is still seperate, they were pretty clear about that.

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Sponsor
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
No it's not Pejorative Slured, it's actually quite logical

I think its Pejorative Slured that if you buy GCL you can't watch every game... It's not worth buying Cable just for the Habs.. This sucks.

How many games will I get on GCL? None? :laugh:

Seems like a waste of money to buy GCL now if I'll only get half or less then that.

Blackouts is such a sad thing... This is 2014.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
The good news? Get to see (almost) all of the games out here in the east.

The bad news? It's Sportsnet. Their broadcast crews really do tend to suck more often than not.

I'll take it I guess, but I just can't get excited about this entire Rogers thing.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
There are no blackout for the Rogers games they paid for on the national level.
regional is still seperate, they were pretty clear about that.

My rationale thought process is being jammed by my emotional brain that hates the new system. Blah!!

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I was thinking the same. No Dean Brown and Denis Potvin please.

I don't see how we avoid those clowns. All the other broadcast teams have been announced and neither of them are listed on those.

Get ready for Dean Brown.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I wish you could purchase one team's games on Centre Ice for a discounted price.

And that would be way too simple.

Seriously, I'm always willing to pay for entertainment. I buy all my music, got a netflix account and all. If I meet an artist I like in a bar, the next round is on me, no question.

But when the broadcaster just seems to make things complicated for me, sorry but I look for other options. I'd be willing to pay for Habs games on TV (and only Habs games) thus supporting the team. But this option is not available.

So yeah, for me it's CBC or streaming.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
The good news? Get to see (almost) all of the games out here in the east.

The bad news? It's Sportsnet. Their broadcast crews really do tend to suck more often than not.

I'll take it I guess, but I just can't get excited about this entire Rogers thing.

For me it's: don't care, Habs are on tv.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't see how we avoid those clowns. All the other broadcast teams have been announced and neither of them are listed on those.

Get ready for Dean Brown.
Brown and Potvin...wow, they are bad...real bad...wonder if they will now become big Habs homers the way they were for the Sens?? Boy they were brutal doing the Sens games...:shakehead

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Sponsor
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
Will Rogers be streaming the games on the website for free like CBC did? (The National Ones)

edit: GCL should really list your teams full schedule and which games will be blacked out before you buy.. Pretty stupid

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
That means I only have to watch three games in french this year? Schwing! *I'll probably actually stream those 3 games in English*

I honestly prefer listening to them in French (and I don't have clue what they're saying for the most part) than 90% of the English announcers that are around. Especially Sportsnet ones.. RDS always sounded more exciting to me :laugh:

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Will Rogers be streaming the games on the website for free like CBC did? (The National Ones)

edit: GCL should really list your teams full schedule and which games will be blacked out before you buy.. Pretty stupid

Hopefully without the Chevy Silverado and Chevy Cruze commercials. Ugh.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Sweet deal for us on the East coast...er..i think anyway?
Wish this was all simplified for all to see and understand clearly. Honestly all 82 games to be broadcasted over 9 differet channels? Im in the East and still dont understand if i need all 9 of those channels to see every game.

yeah it's not that great of a deal, I don't have all 9 of those channels so I guess I gotta buy a few now

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
OP, perhaps you should add this information to your post.

http://blog.fagstein.com/2014/09/02/sportsnet-habs-regional-games/

This means that the Canadiens’ 82-game season breaks down as follows:
  • 39 regional games on Sportsnet East
  • 3 regional games on City Montreal
  • 10 national games (mainly Wednesdays) on Sportsnet East/Ontario/West/Pacific
  • 8 national games (first four Saturdays, most Sundays) on City
  • 4 national games on Sportsnet 360 (all Thursdays)
  • 1 national game on Sportsnet One (Monday Oct. 27)
  • 17 national games on Hockey Night in Canada, channels TBA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad