Habs shutout sabres 2-0!!!!! In other news laughs listed 9th!

habitue*

You don't remember the 1-0 (or is it 2-1?) loss in Ottawa last year? Bishop saved something like 60 shots. And not feeble ones

It's one game.

A series can last seven games.

Bishop is not the first nor the last one to play that kind of game on any given night.

PricePkPatch*

It's one game.

A series can last seven games.

Bishop is not the first nor the last one to play that kind of game on any given night.

I know.

But Bishop played three times against us. He's still got a save % higher than .96 overall. He never had a bad game against us.

telling you. He's the factor that scares me the most.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Am I the only person who noticed Emelins piss poor puck handling skills? Yesterday was awful, he couldn't control the thing.

He's actually rounding into form compared to most of this season. He was never the best puck carrier on this squad. He has some moments where he shows poise and exceptional vision, but he generally needs to keep things simple, and that's okay too.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Has this picture been posted yet? LOL

Goon...:shakehead
dynamic_resize

"Don't touch Markov"

PricePkPatch*

They've come a long way..I remember a time when it was reported Markov completely lashed out at Price after a loss vs St-Louis. Ahhh, the media..

Wasn't it because Price kind of blamed everything on his Defensemen?

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
They've come a long way..I remember a time when it was reported Markov completely lashed out at Price after a loss vs St-Louis. Ahhh, the media..

I think this happened... Price had a bad stretch back them and was always giving up bad goals. Nothing wrong with what Markov did, Price himself told the media he needed to hear it. Carey was very young back then (maybe 22 or 23?) so it was a good lesson for him.

habitue*

I know.

But Bishop played three times against us. He's still got a save % higher than .96 overall. He never had a bad game against us.

The guy never was a #1 NHL goalie before this season. He never played so many games. Never played a Playoffs series.

Since the Olympics brake he is 6-3-3 and as allowed 35 goals, almost 3 per game.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Wasn't it because Price kind of blamed everything on his Defensemen?
Can't recall. But it was during a stint where Price always seemed to give up weak goals at the wrong time.

I think this happened... Price had a bad stretch back them and was always giving up bad goals. Nothing wrong with what Markov did, Price himself told the media he needed to hear it. Carey was very young back then (maybe 22 or 23?) so it was a good lesson for him.

Oh I'm not saying it didn't happen. We know it did. Just that the Media spun it into a huge thing.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
A quick FYI to all, since it's related to the Leafs impending/ongoing meltdown:

Just posted my suggestions for the playoffs avatar theme (Canada's Team) here ;)

I might not need to change my Olympics avatar :laugh:

Has this picture been posted yet? LOL

Goon...:shakehead
dynamic_resize

Price is awesome.

That DID happen and IMO Markov was in the right. It was during Carey's mental growth days. Since, they've been extremely complimentary of one another, including in the press. They definitely respect each other and are good teammates to one another, as evidenced by Price taking on a legion to defend his Rusky pal.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I know.

We have a hard time scoring against any goalie, let alone one as hot as Bishop's been. That will be a big challenge for us.

Is there still time for us to fire the coach?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Till fighting is allowed.....might as well find a way to bring John Scott in next year.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Yes-Yes-Yes-WWE-Gif.gif

discuss.... or post WWE gifs.

edit: Can anyone find the leafs? I looked in the playoff spots but I dont see them...... I thought I remembered at the start of the year they already won the cup??? What??????? The Collapse is real!!

lolleafs_zpse44db032.jpg
Les feuilles mortes have lost their last six games. I have no objection to seeing their streak preserved until they are mathematically eliminated, after which they may win win all the rest. (Fellow members should understand why I added the last part of the sentence.)

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
"as a hockey player john scott can really punch people" lol

In fairness to John Scott, I've seen him play a few games recently and was pleasantly surprised that he is better as a hockey player than he is usually given credit for. The 4th Line or 3rd Pairing is the best he can ever hope to do but in what I saw he was far from a liability on the ice.

PricePkPatch*

This group really seems like one of the most unified Habs teams in years. Even Bourque is working hard.

The Bruins victory, while having sequels, sure tied them together nicely.

PricePkPatch*

I honestly thinking the mayor dissing DD may have really brought them together as well.

While I don't disagree with that assessment, the team still had struggling times after that.

I actually think the victory against Ottawa probably fired them up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad