Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Staal has been really bad. A plus/minus stat of -10 in 15 games is beyond horrible. He should be benched for the rest of the year. I'm hoping the Habs see the light. I would definitely give a chance to Poehling tonight to see if he can do better than Staal. I suspect he will easily be a much more effective player.

Staal should be out, but won't be cuz Karackter...honestly, Frolik should sit as well for Poehling; let the kid show if he's ready for the NHL...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Staal has been really bad. A plus/minus stat of -10 in 15 games is beyond horrible. He should be benched for the rest of the year. I'm hoping the Habs see the light. I would definitely give a chance to Poehling tonight to see if he can do better than Staal. I suspect he will easily be a much more effective player.
The trade for Staal, reeks of MB looking at the name, and history, and not the play. If pro scouts had watched him, no way do they tell MB to grab him.
He has won some faceoffs, but the game is literally skating by him. Too bad....I think if they get bodies healthy, they have to put him on the wing, and have him take some draws, but if he sits, no biggie either.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Can someone tell me the purpose of limiting the number of recalls for a team?

If a team wants to put Frolik on the taxi squad and bring up someone they should be able to.

Players have to go through waivers to get to the taxi squad so it's not like you can "rest" a good player.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

If a team wants to put Frolik on the taxi squad and bring up someone they should be able to.

Players have to go through waivers to get to the taxi squad so it's not like you can "rest" a good player.
Wish I could understand all this taxi squad, call ups, and cap crap.....this season has been weird.

Reactions: Tuggy

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
If Armia is okay and can play tonight what was the rush in calling poehling up to taxi squad?
Because if Armia has symptoms 15 min before game time, they dont want to go 11f 7 d.
So yes much better be on safe side

Last edited:
Reactions: iamtalbot

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

It's bullshit in this condensed schedule.

Reactions: Tuggy

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I have watched every Laval game this season and I am convinced that Ryan Poehling can step in right now and help this team. I don't mean 7 minutes on the 4th line, I mean 12-14 minutes on the 3rd line. His skating has always been good but remarkably it is even better now.
He can play LW or Center. He has played Center all season. 25 points in 28 games playing in all situations.

He is about 210 pounds on a 6'2 frame.

Reactions: McGees

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I have watched every Laval game this season and I am convinced that Ryan Poehling can step in right now and help this team. I don't mean 7 minutes on the 4th line, I mean 12-14 minutes on the 3rd line. His skating has always been good but remarkably it is even better now.
He can play LW or Center. He has played Center all season. 25 points in 28 games playing in all situations.

He is about 210 pounds on a 6'2 frame.
He couldn’t be worse than some of the guys who are struggling right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad