Post-Game Talk: HABS @ SENS, Tonight 7pm (PAYBACK)

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Younger generation maybe? My friends are 35-45

I blame the dinosaurs like Bergeron, Tremblay, etc for having repeated ad nauseam how great "les glorieux" were and how Montreal was the city of hockey. Yes the Habs had a lot of sucess when it was a small regional 6 teams league, then a bit more when there was 12 teams, but when worldwide talent arrived and when other markets wanted a piece of the cake, Habs didn't win much... Maybe 86 and 93 were harder to win but now it's been almost 30 years. Not so glorious in my books. Stop pretending you are the damn Yankees of hockey and expectations will be more realistic.

Back in the old days Montreal had a distinct advantage

At this point they have a clear disadvantage. They need to choose their GM and Coach from a small pool of people that can speak French

Anytime you can only draw from say 15% of the talent pool when your competitors can draw from 100% of the talent pool, you are at a disadvantage

Note: I'm not looking for any type of language argument or making any type of statement on the competency of people that can speak French, I'm simply highlighting the discrepancy in the size of the talent pool

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
hahhaha I f***ing love the excuses that MTL fans make for KK being such a shit pick. They still think he might end being good as brady or better. They act like he still 17 and Brady is already 25. Just checked and they are only 10 months apart lol. Brady already has as many career goals as KK has points. Not bad for a guy coming into the draft with 8 goals.

Not to mention he has the most goals of anyone in his draft, and also the best Goals Per Game average than anyone in the draft. Not to mention all the other great things he brings.

I actually really liked Abramov's game and was easily the better player out of those 2 sleepy idiots he has playing with him. He set up Dzingel in the slot, whom doesnt finish on the backhand, he then sends Dzingel on the breakway where Tierney misses an open net and shoots it at the goalie instead. Please give him more chances and play him with better players.

I would like to see when Dadonov is back

Abramov-Amadio/Bishop-Dadonov as the 4th line.

Sign me up for more youth and the enthusiasm, speed and desire they have. No slow pokes, other than a grim reaper for those targeting our players.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Back in the old days Montreal had a distinct advantage

At this point they have a clear disadvantage. They need to choose their GM and Coach from a small pool of people that can speak French

Anytime you can only draw from say 15% of the talent pool when your competitors can draw from 100% of the talent pool, you are at a disadvantage

Note: I'm not looking for any type of language argument or making any type of statement on the competency of people that can speak French, I'm simply highlighting the discrepancy in the size of the talent pool

The Montreal Canadiens have a great history of accomplishment and many great players. Their organization is worthy of respect for that reason. However I still love to see my team beat theirs on a regular basis. :)

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The Montreal Canadiens have a great history of accomplishment and many great players. Their organization is worthy of respect for that reason. However I still love to see my team beat theirs on a regular basis. :)

Hey, i remember playing street hockey and leaning on my stick like Ken Dryden and being livid he took a year off to go to law school. I went to a finals game in 93 against LA. I didn't get off the fence til we met them in the playoffs. I never had to and remained a fan until we met in the playoffs. Diehard actually

But the disadvantage is real

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad