Post-Game Talk: HABS @ SENS, Tonight 7pm (PAYBACK)

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Dorion’s rebuild is getting a Chapter in the hockey text book - this team is stacked everywhere.

mastermind-defense-offense.jpg

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Speaking of invisibility, did anyone notice Abramov tonight? I certainly didn't. I don't even know what number he was wearing.

I am curious what people think the Sens record would be if this had been a normal 82 game season.

So let's say the Sens played 29 more games.. I am thinking they might go 20 and 9.

Man they looked good tonight. Such a hard working team.
Abramov had a great shift in the third. That’s all. Not surprised. Second ever game. Fourth line. Didn’t make any mistakes. Depending on expectations can’t be dissapointed or ecstatic.

we would be first if this was our entire season but we aren’t good enough to have this sort of game ~82 games a year

Reactions: dekem

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Speaking of invisibility, did anyone notice Abramov tonight? I certainly didn't. I don't even know what number he was wearing.

I am curious what people think the Sens record would be if this had been a normal 82 game season.

So let's say the Sens played 29 more games.. I am thinking they might go 20 and 9.

Abramov had a good game.
Sent Dzingel off on a breakaway with a great stretch pass from our end.
Set him up again in front of the net and almost poked it in himself.
Almost got away on a break himself but got stripped from behind.
Best player on the fourth line.
Good start he can build on.

At least as good as what we’ve seen from Dadonov 90% of the time
Easily could have had 2 or 3 points if Tierney and Dzingel had any energy and put in some effort.
Tierney was particularly terrible that game

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
And you post ice-time minutes of players you think should have more

Out of curiosity how is that different?

You are obviously missing context .. which is pretty much the norm... just jump in a offer up your nonsense anytime though.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
The Montreal board is an absolute gold mine.

We got some scorching takes like "Chabot is a $5 million player at best" and "I wouldn't trade anyone on this team for Chabot" despite Chabot a) not even playing b) being significantly better than literally every other player on that roster other than Price (who has been pretty underwhelming this season).

Then we have "damn, it would really suck to be a Sens fan" even though this iteration of the habs is the epitome of mediocrity. And of course to cap it off, about 90% of posters hating the living hell out of Brady, but wishing so much that they drafted him instead. Feel bad for KK for the abuse he gets.

In an 82 game season and the way this team is playing, hard to believe Ottawa wouldn't finish higher than MTL.

The Montreal fanbase for you.

When I was a kid I was watching the Habs with my dad, as I grew up the fanbase annoyed me so much I just couldnt see myself in it, with how they treat players, how they react with so much exaggeration and how bipolar they are. A player has a good game he’s Jesus, he has a bad one, let’s trade everyone f*** them, look at Drouin’s abuse. Then I always tuned in for the battle of Ontario and became a Senators fan 20 years ago. Sadly they could never beat the Leafs.

I still kinda like the Habs cause of my dad and watch most of their games but its easily the fan base I dislike the most and they are so terribly built for the future, Senators will run through them even worse than this year. I always read a few pages of their pgt just to have a good laugh after the Senators win.

* they still have a lot of good and smart fans but sadly they are in the minority

Last edited:
Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Really? Damn I cannot stand Felix Seguin screaming all game and Renaud brown nose Lavoie, biased and annoying as hell. RDS is way better imo.

Man I liked seeing Stutzle's reaction to Pinto's goal. Was fun to see Stutzle with new linemates.

I should have been more exact, I meant more AFTER the game. I have no problem with RDS during the game, but l'antichambre is "cringy"... Compared to Dave Morissette's show... with Louis Jean, Lalime, Picard, Fichaud. I like all of them

My point though was more specifically linked to what they have repeated ad nauseam after 6 Sens-Habs games this season, and everytime why the Sens beat them, like a broken record... I mean, if it happened 6 times, is it really because the Habs took them lightly and didn't work as hard?

One can argue the kids needed time and obviously I think Smith has done a decent job with most kids but playing Coburn Anisimov Stepan Gudbranson that much and sitting guys like Zub Brannstrom White, having Stepan first PP.

Makes me wonder where the team would be if they would’ve won a couple vs the Oilers and gave more responsibilities to the kids sooner.

I can finally see a light at the end

My thoughts as well. I was critical of DJ earlier, but progressively, as the personnel mistakes him and Dorion made in the off-season got fixed and when we finally put an emphasis on our awesome prospect pool (the obvious strength in the organization), things improved and DJ seem to have been able to instill a much better defensive structure.

* they still have a lot of good and smart fans but sadly they are in the minority

I wouldn't say the minority... "normal fans" are not as loud and are not posting on social medias/forums all the time.

Most of my hockey friends, I don't see any of them being those crazy internet fans... most have kids and a normal life and "mentally balanced"

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix and Rodzilla

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

He could easily have 2 assists in the first period. There was this shift in the 3rd too where he had great possession in the offensive zone and made things happen.

Hard to ask more out of a guy playing his 1st NHL game of the season and only 9:38 with guys that haven't been playing really well. He was #85

Yes the Sens work hard but there's also a lot of "developing" talent and most importantly a lot of speed in either skating or execution, or both. If you look at the 2nd period specifically, it was beautiful, Habs were behind the play all period, they just couldn't do anything as we were too fast.

meh. he's going to score a lot in this league.

Expectations are out of bounds though. Renaud Lavoie was talking about an "exceptional" the other day... I mean, I don't see him as effective as DeBrincat for example. Yes Caufield will score many goals due to this shot and release but I don't see the rest of his game being anything special. Did you see how easily White handled him along the boards last night? It's not going to be easy for him but yes, his elite ability alone will allow him to play in the league and make money

The Montreal board is an absolute gold mine.

We got some scorching takes like "Chabot is a $5 million player at best" and "I wouldn't trade anyone on this team for Chabot" despite Chabot a) not even playing b) being significantly better than literally every other player on that roster other than Price (who has been pretty underwhelming this season).

Then we have "damn, it would really suck to be a Sens fan" even though this iteration of the habs is the epitome of mediocrity. And of course to cap it off, about 90% of posters hating the living hell out of Brady, but wishing so much that they drafted him instead. Feel bad for KK for the abuse he gets.

In an 82 game season and the way this team is playing, hard to believe Ottawa wouldn't finish higher than MTL.

Habs fans are going to develop a NASTY inferiority complex vs the Sens for the next decade. And it's probably already starting

If our GM and AGM didn't make these mistakes early in the season and if we had a proper NHL defensive structure (was hard to do without a real training camp), maybe it wouldn't have been as bad the first ~15 games... Because after that, we are 19-15-4 and a minus -1 goal differential... Habs since Feb. 12th have been 16-15-7 and a minus 14 goal differential.

The difference between both teams in the standings is the first month of the season.

Habs from the bench looking at guys like Formenton, Norris, Batherson, Tkachuk, Stutzle, Pinto...

"hey we have Caufield!" (and Kotkaniemi...)

Bump, I missed the opportunity at this lol so I edited

Last edited:
Reactions: Back in Black

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
hahhaha I f***ing love the excuses that MTL fans make for KK being such a shit pick. They still think he might end being good as brady or better. They act like he still 17 and Brady is already 25. Just checked and they are only 10 months apart lol. Brady already has as many career goals as KK has points. Not bad for a guy coming into the draft with 8 goals.

Not to mention he has the most goals of anyone in his draft, and also the best Goals Per Game average than anyone in the draft. Not to mention all the other great things he brings.

I actually really liked Abramov's game and was easily the better player out of those 2 sleepy idiots he has playing with him. He set up Dzingel in the slot, whom doesnt finish on the backhand, he then sends Dzingel on the breakway where Tierney misses an open net and shoots it at the goalie instead. Please give him more chances and play him with better players.

I would like to see when Dadonov is back

Abramov-Amadio/Bishop-Dadonov as the 4th line.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I should have been more exact, I meant more AFTER the game. I have no problem with RDS during the game, but l'antichambre is "cringy"... Compared to Dave Morissette's show... with Louis Jean, Lalime, Picard, Fichaud. I like all of them

My point though was more specifically linked to what they have repeated ad nauseam after 6 Sens-Habs games this season, and everytime why the Sens beat them, like a broken record... I mean, if it happened 6 times, is it really because the Habs took them lightly and didn't work as hard?

My thoughts as well. I was critical of DJ earlier, but progressively, as the personnel mistakes him and Dorion made in the off-season got fixed and when we finally put an emphasis on our awesome prospect pool (the obvious strength in the organization), things improved and DJ seem to have been able to instill a much better defensive structure.

I wouldn't say the minority... "normal fans" are not as loud and are not posting on social medias/forums all the time.

Most of my hockey friends, I don't see any of them being those crazy internet fans... most have kids and a normal life and "mentally balanced"

cant say the same for my buddies haha, they are insane. Always going crazy after wins, Caufield’s goals, and as soon as they lose, trade/fire someone, team sucks. Excuses excuses

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Abramov is a very good cycle player. There are very few power forwards like Tkachuk in this league, even less the offensive zone hockey IQ cycle players. Usually the cycle players are the big money stars only, who got the skills to take the puck half-boards and pass it around. And outside of the big names - nothing! Abramov is actually better at this then Stutzle, he just needs partners to dance with. Then we have Brown and Norris at some extent. If DJ Smith has any marbles he would package a line Abramov-Stutzle-Brown. The best defenseman to cycle the puck is Zub, then Chabot.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Who thought that Martin St. Louis would became the best cycle master ever in this league? Nobody! The guy is giving webinars on this I really enjoy.
Ottawa Senators should really learn from the cycle master..........2-3-4 cycle passes, shot and retrieve, again 2-3-4 passes, shot and retrieve to generate a home run, because you are tiring the defense.
And with tired defense, better chances to score.
You have to learn also how to shoot for easy retrieval. Tkachuk should pay close attention to this.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Man, the way Montreal fans talk about Jesperi Kotkaniemi and constantly compare him to Brady Tkachuk reminds me of an abusive parent

"You'll never be as good as your brother!"

"Did you see what your brother did today? He got into Havard, did you even pass math?"

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Boy, did they ever do us a favour taking KK over Chucky. I guess we would have relinquished that pick to Colorado immediately? I cant recall the circumstances now.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Boy, did they ever do us a favour taking KK over Chucky. I guess we would have relinquished that pick to Colorado immediately? I cant recall the circumstances now.

Apparently, just like here, they had a ton of moronic fans scream about how Tkachuk was going to be a total bust.

It is so funny to think back at how some well known, very vocal and stupid users here (not naming names) were convinced that Tkachuk was going to be a fourth liner.

God I hate hockey fans a lot of the time.

Reactions: JD1

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Apparently, just like here, they had a ton of moronic fans scream about how Tkachuk was going to be a total bust.

It is so funny to think back at how some well known, very vocal and stupid users here (not naming names) were convinced that Tkachuk was going to be a fourth liner.

God I hate hockey fans a lot of the time.

Yeah, we need to push back come draft time and let the pros do their job.

I wanted byfield so badly this draft and drysdale even more and now i see that perhaps they know what they're doing.

Same with Tkachuk, i wanted zadina pretty bad.

And then people wanted the Russian guy so bad and conplained about Pinto (this time not me), and Pinto looks awesome.

We need to realize, as fans, we don't know what we're talking about for the most part.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah, we need to push back come draft time and let the pros do their job.

I wanted byfield so badly this draft and drysdale even more and now i see that perhaps they know what they're doing.

Same with Tkachuk, i wanted zadina pretty bad.

And then people wanted the Russian guy so bad and conplained about Pinto (this time not me), and Pinto looks awesome.

We need to realize, as fans, we don't know what we're talking about for the most part.

I can only speak for myself but the only stuff I feel strongly about when it comes to player development is that a player will be good, I never care about telling people that a player will be bust.

I was unimpressed by Hoffman early on but I wasn't going around telling people they were stupid to think otherwise. I did go around praising Peter Regin and Colin White and I've been wrong more often than not.

When it comes to draft picks, like you said, I'm comfortable deferring to our scouts. They have a proven track record.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Glad Formenton finally pulled the McJesus. I have been clamoring for him to pull that move since his call up. Insane wheels.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
cant say the same for my buddies haha, they are insane. Always going crazy after wins, Caufield’s goals, and as soon as they lose, trade/fire someone, team sucks. Excuses excuses

Younger generation maybe? My friends are 35-45

I blame the dinosaurs like Bergeron, Tremblay, etc for having repeated ad nauseam how great "les glorieux" were and how Montreal was the city of hockey. Yes the Habs had a lot of sucess when it was a small regional 6 teams league, then a bit more when there was 12 teams, but when worldwide talent arrived and when other markets wanted a piece of the cake, Habs didn't win much... Maybe 86 and 93 were harder to win but now it's been almost 30 years. Not so glorious in my books. Stop pretending you are the damn Yankees of hockey and expectations will be more realistic.

Reactions: Rodzilla

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Younger generation maybe? My friends are 35-45

I blame the dinosaurs like Bergeron, Tremblay, etc for having repeated ad nauseam how great "les glorieux" were and how Montreal was the city of hockey. Yes the Habs had a lot of sucess when it was a small regional 6 teams league, then a bit more when there was 12 teams, but when worldwide talent arrived and when other markets wanted a piece of the cake, Habs didn't win much... Maybe 86 and 93 were harder to win but now it's been almost 30 years. Not so glorious in my books. Stop pretending you are the damn Yankees of hockey and expectations will be more realistic.

The damn Yankees were okay I guess, but I wouldn't be THAT proud of that. Great sunglasses though.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad