Post-Game Talk: Habs @ Sens - Jan 16, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
People don't like this chant because habs fans sing it when they are up on the scoreboard. Nobody wants to be losing. This is all.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Like I said, sometimes it backfires. More often than not (at least over the last year and a half), it hasn't. I doubt it fires up the opposing team all that much. I wouldn't be too pleased if, during a post game interview, a Hab said "I was fired up by the opposing team's fans' chants."

Seems to work every time for the Senators.

At least, over the past 10 games.

Maybe it's just a superstition but I don't get excited until the Habs fans start OLEing after a goal.

I think "We're still in this!"

Last night, I think Ottawa scored on the same shift as it started up to make it 3-1.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
...and the overzealous french police. :shakehead

I try to get out there every so often.

Last time was for a Police concert (reunion tour) so that was quite some time ago.*

Probably going up there at the end of January for a weekend.

*EDIT: Nope, actually I was up there for jazz fest a couple of years ago.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
I try to get out there every so often.

Last time was for a Police concert (reunion tour) so that was quite some time ago.*

Probably going up there at the end of January for a weekend.

*EDIT: Nope, actually I was up there for jazz fest a couple of years ago.

Jazz fest is pretty cool...but not much happening here in January that I know of.

I am heading to Ottawa in the next few weeks to take the kids skating on the Rideau canal for their first time ever...and my wife insists on dragging me to the Tulips festival every year too. :laugh:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Jazz fest is pretty cool...but not much happening here in January that I know of.

I am heading to Ottawa in the next few weeks to take the kids skating on the Rideau canal for their first time ever...and my wife insists on dragging me to the Tulips festival every year too. :laugh:

Ah, the canal is great. (if it's not too cold)

For January, I'm just doing a bit of a pub crawl with friends.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
That's weird. I think Montreal is pretty awesome and I've been everywhere.

Montreal in terms of night life, culture, umm...adult establishments...immensely awesome. There's a reason why 90% of the bachelor parties in Ottawa go there.

The infrastructure is bad though. Streets are either in disrepair or constant repair.

Though it's a minor quibble when you're hanging at Chez Paris.. :sarcasm:

Megaforce

Habs fan here, Ottawa looked strong, you fans should be optimistic of their chances of making the playoffs, esp. if they tighten up their defence a bit.

I don't think booing Subban reflects well on Ottawa fans tho. I don't get why they would do it anywhere but it's sorta understandable in less-knowledgeable hockey markets.

I think that that sort of thing should be reserved for guys who injure other players intentionally, that sort of thing.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Habs fan here, Ottawa looked strong, you fans should be optimistic of their chances of making the playoffs, esp. if they tighten up their defence a bit.

I don't think booing Subban reflects well on Ottawa fans tho. I don't get why they would do it anywhere but it's sorta understandable in less-knowledgeable hockey markets.

I think that that sort of thing should be reserved for guys who injure other players intentionally, that sort of thing.

Don't Hab fans boo everything?

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007

That's rich coming from your fanbase. The delusion is great in this one. :laugh:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So booing a disliked player on a rival team doesn't reflect well on a fanbase now?

Jesus. Also what's with the Montreal fans invading the board now?

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
So booing a disliked player on a rival team doesn't reflect well on a fanbase now?

Jesus. Also what's with the Montreal fans invading the board now?

I hope they're being ironic.

Also, they've been waiting for this moment for a long time. Let them revel.

canadiancreed

Exiled from paradise
Nov 10, 2010
Canadas Black Hole
Montreal and Ottawa fan here (yes it sounds weird, but meh). I thought that Subbans celebration was a tad over the top. Mainly the whole tugging on the crest thing, but ya, act like you've been there before, or save it for the SCF.

Outside of that. I thought it was a decent game. I'm hoping to see both teams in the semis. :)

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Montreal in terms of night life, culture, umm...adult establishments...immensely awesome. There's a reason why 90% of the bachelor parties in Ottawa go there.

The infrastructure is bad though. Streets are either in disrepair or constant repair.

Though it's a minor quibble when you're hanging at Chez Paris.. :sarcasm:

There is a culture and feel to Montreal that makes it unique. The night life is second to none, but like u said the infrastructure isn't the best, and large parts of the city are a ****hole.

I'll always have a soft spot for the city though, had lots of fun there back in the day. Would rather live there then toronto

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

you'll never beat this ottawa team in the playoffs. course you realize that being from a knowledgeable hockey market. i would boo subban if he played for the senators.

canadiancreed

Exiled from paradise
Nov 10, 2010
Canadas Black Hole
There is a culture and feel to Montreal that makes it unique. The night life is second to none, but like u said the infrastructure isn't the best, and large parts of the city are a ****hole.

I'll always have a soft spot for the city though, had lots of fun there back in the day. Would rather live there then toronto

As someone that lives in Toronto, I'd agree with the cavaet of if they got rid of the language and political BS. Love Quebec, hate the folks running it into the ground.

jeangauthier

Oct 10, 2007
Montreal,Canada
Don't Hab fans boo everything?

Philadelphia fans boo everything.............Folks should enjoy the moment after all hockey is entertainment and this will help build a rivalry and make the Sen fan base stronger...........as far as celebration issues I`ve been watching this game for 45 years and I have no issues with what players do......my big issue is the the way you can`t give a clean check anymore without a scrum and revenge tactics.............can`t believe the air time this is getting.......really...........every fan base has it`s arseholes and Montreal and Ottawa are no different...........

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Maybe PK should act like he scored before, last night he acted like it was his first goal of his career. But i can understand his reaction he must of been sick and tired losing to the Sens all the times and lets remember last time they played he took a very bad penalty thats cost his team the game.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Some talk on the Habs PGT about how hate for Subban = because of race.

:shakehead

Some people need to get their heads out of their *****. This isn't the 1960's in Louisiana.

jeangauthier

Oct 10, 2007
Montreal,Canada
Some talk on the Habs PGT about how hate for Subban = because of race.

:shakehead

Some people need to get their heads out of their *****. This isn't the 1960's in Louisiana.

TSN Ottawa was all over this this afternoon....... TSN Montreal was responding to the Ottawa afternoon show..........just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad