Post-Game Talk: Habs @ Sens - 1/15/2015 - Montreal Typical

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Was in a habs bar chanting olé olé olé and Pageau Pageau Pageau. Lmao it was funny as hell as I was the only sens fan. People starin the **** out of me.

You gotta represent bruh, represent! :handclap:

I got my little section in North Toronto covered! ;)

That was ****ing awesome beating the Habs last night. The division is ours for the taking now! :laugh:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
As for the break away goal... did cowen's stick effect it?

No idea, didn't see a close replay... I only have access to streams these days and check the highlights, no more PVR.

I'd like to take this opportunity to reiterate an amazing sequence of posts that occurred in the pre-game thread. Because it was that epic.

It's crazy how quickly Habs fans seem to have forgotten the decade after Patrick Roy was traded... Did not make the playoffs 4 times in 5 years... and then on and off until 2007-08, when they started to be better again...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Montreal_Canadiens_seasons

I know most realize how much harder it is to win the Cup now that's it's not only a Canadian sport (small country in terms of population) and with 30 teams, Europeans, money invested by americans, etc.

They have a serious entitlement complex. It's like their mommy told them they had the bestest most special team in the league, so it drives them crazy that a new upstart team like the Sens can crush them on a regular basis. That's why I love it when we beat the Habs.

Yeah, the 24 Cups of the past went to their head a bit... but that's for the fanatics... normal people who just like hockey are not like that. Too many damn fanatics in Montreal though.

The event that really pissed me off was the riot after the Bruins playoff series in 2008

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...tores-looted-in-montreal-hockey-riot-1.757821

Incredible... People say it was only a few people... No it was not, I was in Montreal that day. It was hundreds.

And "A similar riot after a Stanley Cup victory in 1993 caused major damage"

A riot for hockey? Wtf is that? lol

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I could definitely see that having happened often. Maclean always used to talk about how Karlsson was a good player when he played for us. Meaning that he was often making turnovers and Maclean viewed that as "playing for the other team". Said it to the media so I'm sure he talked to Karlsson about it as well.

I cringed at times when I heard Maclean say some things like that, however, i agree with him that Karlsson did make too many high risk plsys which sometimes created very good scoring opportunities for the opponents. Karlsson does need to improve his defensive play by minimizing high risk plays. I think he has been doing better under Cameron in recent games.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I find that guys like Gryba and Cowen can play a solid game and then sudden make a HUGE mistake that leads to a goalie being hung out to dry on a great scoring chance. Not saying that has anything to do with his corsi though

The team needs those two to play BIGGER by knocking down opposing forwards and making life miserable in front of the net for opponents. They play too soft IMO. I like how Borowiecki can dish out hard checks and knock down opposing forwards.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We need more play along the lines of that hit, not less.

Yes, the team needs to become harder to play against, and a BIG part of that is strong physical play. Unfortunately, therecare some soft players on this team that won't play that way: Turris, Condra, Wiercioch, Legwand, Michalek.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I agree with you. Pageau is a little quicker, has better hands, and sees the game better right now. Lazar looks to be still figuring it out. I (almost) think he should back to junior to get more puck time and work on his offensive game.

I agree with you; however better faster linemates would definitly help him.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Mediocre as usual, I thought Ottawa was going to get in trouble in the 2nd period since they took a few penalties but Montreal got called for a few too. I find Montreal has a lot of divers on their team & their fans are always crying for calls. But Ottawa still takes too many penalties & really needs to cut back if possible considering some of the calls against.

That sums it up nicely. I agree!

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
I've lost the ability to take Habs fans seriously. They call 911 on zdeno chara. Because of a hit. They called 911 on a hockey player while he was on the ice. It's surreal

Do you like Pageau yet? I would take him over Desharnais any day of the week.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lol, btw who remembers the no call on the too many men.

The puck was RIGHT THERE, all 4 refs were watching it, the guy touched it and the other guy was 3 feet away, at least, from the bench and no call.

Apparently the rule now is "if he shows intent to get off" if you're montreal... lmfao, what?!?

Absolute Montreal Typical. They also had a couple brutal calls for them.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Lol, btw who remembers the no call on the too many men.

The puck was RIGHT THERE, all 4 refs were watching it, the guy touched it and the other guy was 3 feet away, at least, from the bench and no call.

Apparently the rule now is "if he shows intent to get off" if you're montreal... lmfao, what?!?

Absolute Montreal Typical. They also had a couple brutal calls for them.

Ya that was weird. I thought the rule was that it was ok if the player going off the ice (Patches) didn't touch the puck.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ya that was weird. I thought the rule was that it was ok if the player going off the ice (Patches) didn't touch the puck.

Rule is that the player going off has to be off before either guy touches the puck. You also have to be within 5 feet of the bench before the player coming on can get on the ice.

It was a botched call, no question about it. The only way it's ok is if the guy going off gets one skate on the bench before the other guy touches the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad