Post-Game Talk: Habs score 5 and defeat Brucey and the Canucks

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
For the hardcore tank commanders out there.

I too would love one of the big 5 in the upcoming draft.

Suzuki, Cole, Dach, Slaf, all our D prospects are NOT generational. This draft has generational potential.

BUT....I would take the following comparisons any day over one of McDavid, Crosby or Ovechkin......

Suzuki is our PPG two way cerebral player (a la Bergeron)
Cole is our dangerous sniper (a la Stamkos)
Dach is our.....I don't know... big puck possession, assist machine with the ability to score (Rantanen?)
Slaf will be our Jagr light (this kid will one day explode)
Guhle is our Weber
Xhekaj is our 2nd Weber (but meaner)
Hutson is our Adam Fox (I'm starting to reach)
Harris is our new Markov (his calm demeanor reminds me of Markov)

Our three best players are 23, 21 and 21 right now. All of our young players are developing....and fast. It is tremendous to watch. All of them are looking like they will hit their potential ceilings.

Embrace the joy. Fight the urge to cheer for the tank. Cheer for what we have to reach their ceilings. If they hit their ceiling we don't need a generational player, we will be cup contenders.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Oh damn. Fn God of War made me miss the game. Glad we got the W!

And here I thought peope would miss the game because of the OP and go to a strip club instead

For the hardcore tank commanders out there.

I too would love one of the big 5 in the upcoming draft.

Suzuki, Cole, Dach, Slaf, all our D prospects are NOT generational. This draft has generational potential.

BUT....I would take the following comparisons any day over one of McDavid, Crosby or Ovechkin......

Suzuki is our PPG two way cerebral player (a la Bergeron)
Cole is our dangerous sniper (a la Stamkos)
Dach is our.....I don't know... big puck possession, assist machine with the ability to score (Rantanen?)
Slaf will be our Jagr light (this kid will one day explode)
Guhle is our Weber
Xhekaj is our 2nd Weber (but meaner)
Hutson is our Adam Fox (I'm starting to reach)
Harris is our new Markov (his calm demeanor reminds me of Markov)

Our three best players are 23, 21 and 21 right now. All of our young players are developing....and fast. It is tremendous to watch. All of them are looking like they will hit their potential ceilings.

Embrace the joy. Fight the urge to cheer for the tank. Cheer for what we have to reach their ceilings. If they hit their ceiling we don't need a generational player, we will be cup contenders.

It's a hot sequence, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Acquiring more talent is still a need.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
And here I thought peope would miss the game because of the OP and go to a strip club instead

It's a hot sequence, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Acquiring more talent is still a need.
It is Ozy......my point was simply to point out we have an absolute glut of young talent right now, that are all trending towards their peaks. Imagine Suzuki, Cole and Dach at 26, 24 and 24? If what is happening continues we don't need Bedard. We want him sure....but don't need him.

Reactions: Redux91

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I will never for the life of me understand how any of you here hate Gallagher. The dude is five foot frick all and has made his entire career out of busting his ass and being absolutely punished. Some guys wont go to the dirty areas all year long and Gally does it every single god damn shift. And you guys really wanna hate this guy? Because Bergevin gave him a stupid contract? Cmon
It's the after the whistle stuff, he's a weasel in the Bruins mold.

It is Ozy......my point was simply to point out we have an absolute glut of young talent right now, that are all trending towards their peaks. Imagine Suzuki, Cole and Dach at 26, 24 and 24? If what is happening continues we don't need Bedard. We want him sure....but don't need him.
You are reacting to a small sample.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Guys on here, do get carried away with a guys salary and cap hit......it will never change.
Kudos to Gally for his efforts, every night.......the only issue I have with the little ball of hate, is his whining to the refs....
I saw a post on Twitter about Gally that made me laugh; they were comparing him to Tanner, the feisty, blond, small baseball player in the Bad News Bears franchise. It’s exactly Gally.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
It's the after the whistle stuff, he's a weasel in the Bruins mold.

You are reacting to a small sample.
I'm reacting to the evidence before me. Since Marty took over, their has been a noticeable shift in the development of this team. Suzuki and Caufield are PPG since that time and Dach has jumped on that ship as well.

When is the sample not "small" for you?

Reactions: Redux91 and Rapala

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Dach already at almost half of last years points total.

I think the biggest game changer this year is how improved the defense has been. Harris, Xhekaj and Guhle have added some much needed puck movement.
And the best pmd we have has not played a single game yet.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Guhle, Harris and Xhekaj, we can all say that the future at LD is set for many years to come.

Lane Hutson say hello too 🤩

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Guhle, Harris and Xhekaj, we can all say that the future at LD is set for many years to come.

Lane Hutson say hello too 🤩

Yeah now we have the luxury of hoping Harris and/or Xhekaj can also play the right side, as we may have other future NHL LDs in the system (Hutson, Struble, Engstrom, Norlinder, Fairthbrother, Nurmi, Tourigny, etc..)

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Yeah now we have the luxury of hoping Harris and/or Xhekaj can also play the right side, as we may have other future NHL D in the system (Hutson, Struble, Engstrom, Norlinder, Fairthbrother, Nurmi, Tourigny, etc..)

Agree. I think that Xhekaj and Harris are very polyvalent D-men, they can be really good at RD too. That's fantastic to have 3 already young D who can show very good promising.

Jul 6, 2016
Yeah now we have the luxury of hoping Harris and/or Xhekaj can also play the right side, as we may have other future NHL LDs in the system (Hutson, Struble, Engstrom, Norlinder, Fairthbrother, Nurmi, Tourigny, etc..)
delete

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Nice of the Canucks to ''gift'' the game to Montreal, how'd they beat Ottawa?lol

Thought the game was rather dull and boring,but 2 points is 2 points.

Montreal has now played 14 games? only Vegas looks like a cup contender,the rest rather blah.

I even find he has improved speed now that he’s healed up
Now he can ''crash'' the crease sooner.lol

• Haha
Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
When you are looking to build a championship calibre team (in the Cap Era) you absolutely have to look at every dollar spent. Gallagher is making and spending money that can be best served elsewhere. Most people do not dislike Gallagher but the long term BIND his presence puts us in. There are a ton of players who can play his style of game for a hell of a lot less. Get used to it because the more competitive this team becomes the more he's going to stick out.

A ton you say? I'd be shocked if you can give me 5 guys that play balls to the wall every shift like Gallagher does in the league on a consistent basis. As for his contract being a problem, noone disagrees with you but you act as if it's his fault, it's not. Hate the contract all you want, but hating the player is just downright silly.

He's a beaut.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I'm reacting to the evidence before me. Since Marty took over, their has been a noticeable shift in the development of this team. Suzuki and Caufield are PPG since that time and Dach has jumped on that ship as well.

When is the sample not "small" for you?
Half a season, you forget how bad we were late last season?

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Half a season, you forget how bad we were late last season?
Our team was terrible last season. Suzuki was also 22 and Cole 20. After Marty took over they have taken off. The proof is in the pudding. Our best players have been our young players. We are trending in the right direction.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
A ton you say? I'd be shocked if you can give me 5 guys that play balls to the wall every shift like Gallagher does in the league on a consistent basis. As for his contract being a problem, noone disagrees with you but you act as if it's his fault, it's not. Hate the contract all you want, but hating the player is just downright silly.

He's a beaut.
He's an incredibly ineffective and useless player. Balls to the wall is pointless if he's going to be a blackhole on offense. I legitimately hate how he plays.

If it wasn't for "Balls to the wall" he'd never sniff the NHL, he doesn't have the strength, the speed or the talent or the stamina to play at the NHL level if he's not playing like a human pinball.

• Love
Reactions: the

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

He's a beaut.

I 100% agree with you. And he's great this year. The only thing that's declined is his production. But he's playing vintage Gallagher since camp. And if I'm to pick who I can live with being overpaid in terms of cap, I'd take Gallagher before everyone else.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Everything is falling in place right now and it,s great. We should enjoy that as fans. Very fun games to watch for the most part.

But don't fool yourselves. The kids are gonna fade a bit throughout the season. That happens all the time. Consistancy is the biggest challenge for young players and it won't be different for us, no matter how good the kids are.

And really, i don't think the goalies are gonna keep that pace all year. They see a lot of rubber each game.

ManMountain

Jul 10, 2021
This is good team.

Hoffman/Dvorak/Gallagher have chemistry. If we had two good offensive lines and they were our third line instead of second line Habs be Cup contender. Dvorak good on faceoffs and penalty kill, Gallagher kind of gritty. Hoffman adds speed and shot on the wing.

Dach - Suzuki - Caufield
Slafkovsky - Monahan - Anderson
Hoffman - Dvorak - Gallagher

Boom. Done.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So if Curvy Duck will continue to play wing to Suzuki, that means Hughes has to go and get YET another center?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad