Post-Game Talk: Habs score 5 and defeat Brucey and the Canucks

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Unpopular opinion over here, but we need guys like Edmundson. Big bodies like that have their value and while we don't want a team filled with them, this is a young team that needs to be well surrounded. There's no rush to trade him imo.

Agreed, but would wait until trade deadline to unload him, if we get a better package than what Chiarot got us (first + good prospect).

One of the best things Bergevin did was bring in four huge defensemen that made Price's life so much easier. As well as were doing right now, we should have something similar for when we need to compete. I think we will have that if our D pan out though (guhle, xhekaj, Mailloux, matheson, kovacevik).

Reactions: Habz4Evr

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
934F3220-68CE-46EC-8D82-B19169AFF384.jpeg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'll take "what in the name of Jesus is that?" for $2000 Alex. :eek3:

Is he hiding Chewbacca in his underpants? :sarcasm:
What’s with the amputated feet and hands of that monstrosity? I’m stumped! (yes, I deserve a rim shot for this, lol)

No neck either? Who was the inspiration for it, Barry Trotz?

And yes, that bulge is disturbing.

JT3

May 27, 2013
I will never for the life of me understand how any of you here hate Gallagher. The dude is five foot frick all and has made his entire career out of busting his ass and being absolutely punished. Some guys wont go to the dirty areas all year long and Gally does it every single god damn shift. And you guys really wanna hate this guy? Because Bergevin gave him a stupid contract? Cmon

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I wasn't able to watch the game. But nice to see:

- Drouin with a nice assists on Suzuki's goal (if inky the guy could cut down on the turnovers and soft play on the puck - but those are in his DNA, unfortunately I think).

- Hoffman with a nice goal ( he shou km d shoot more on 2 on 1's).

- Dadonov with some chances.

Hopefully those 3 can continue to be offensive threats against better opposition and consistently.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I will never for the life of me understand how any of you here hate Gallagher. The dude is five foot frick all and has made his entire career out of busting his ass and being absolutely punished. Some guys wont go to the dirty areas all year long and Gally does it every single god damn shift. And you guys really wanna hate this guy? Because Bergevin gave him a stupid contract? Cmon
Because his goalscoring ability has fallen off a cliff. If he was making 2 million dollars I wouldn't complain at all. He's making 6.5 until forever.

JT3

May 27, 2013
Because his goalscoring ability has fallen off a cliff. If he was making 2 million dollars I wouldn't complain at all. He's making 6.5 until forever.
His goal scoring has fallen off because he's spent his entire career getting the shit beat out of him. His game has always been about effort. He's never been a skill guy, we all knew that. So what you're saying it comes down to is Bergevin gave him a crap contract and now you don't like him because of it?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
His goal scoring has fallen off because he's spent his entire career getting the shit beat out of him. His game has always been about effort. He's never been a skill guy, we all knew that. So what you're saying it comes down to is Bergevin gave him a crap contract and now you don't like him because of it?
I'm saying I'm upset that the guy who went from scoring 50+ points and 30+ goals to 30 points and 10 goals. That's a significant drop off at a stupid expensive cap hit.

JT3

May 27, 2013
I'm saying I'm upset that the guy who went from scoring 50+ points and 30+ goals to 30 points and 10 goals. That's a significant drop off at a stupid expensive cap hit.
I mean it's perfectly fine to be upset about the contract. I am too, it sucks. But the amount of vitriol and hate that Gallagher gets on this board undeservedly is a total joke.

There's a difference between recognizing that the contract is an anchor and taking a dump on Gallagher as a person and a player. The guy has literally given his physical health for this team. It's not his fault Bergevin gave him the bag as he started declining due to his playstyle.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Lmfao that's a hilarious sequence right there. Tells everything you need to know about Myers.
It's crazy how terrible defensemen can have long NHL careers only because they are tall. The likes of Tyler Myers, Nikita Zadorov and Rasmus Ristolainen are glorified pylons that somehow keep fooling teams into giving them contracts because they make them salivate at the idea of unlocking some hidden potential to finally turn them into the next Pronger or Hedman. Those guys would be long gone if they physically looked like Jordan Harris.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'll take "what in the name of Jesus is that?" for $2000 Alex. :eek3:

Is he hiding Chewbacca in his underpants? :sarcasm:

What’s with the amputated feet and hands of that monstrosity? I’m stumped! (yes, I deserve a rim shot for this, lol)

No neck either? Who was the inspiration for it, Barry Trotz?

And yes, that bulge is disturbing.
It's a muscular Kirby.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Guys on here, do get carried away with a guys salary and cap hit......it will never change.
Kudos to Gally for his efforts, every night.......the only issue I have with the little ball of hate, is his whining to the refs....

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
LOL.....................The giant of 5'7 hits the little fella who is 6'7 and causes a turnover!!

What a line guys...............the last time we had 3 guys bringing it on a line, it was Koivu, Kovalev, and Zednik.

Plekanec Kostitsyn Kovalev actually

And after that to a lesser extent; Desharnais, Pacioretty, Cole

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Against all odds we are performing without any real offensive defensemen.

I wonder how much more dangerous we can get once the 5 star human being is inserted in our lineup.

Lane Hutson isn't ready yet. Give two more months and he'll be 6 feet high

Congrats on tank....
uhh...

Good job ending up in the wildcard race?

Malamutes make the cutest pups of all

• Love
Reactions: the

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
When you are looking to build a championship calibre team (in the Cap Era) you absolutely have to look at every dollar spent. Gallagher is making and spending money that can be best served elsewhere. Most people do not dislike Gallagher but the long term BIND his presence puts us in. There are a ton of players who can play his style of game for a hell of a lot less. Get used to it because the more competitive this team becomes the more he's going to stick out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00