Last season after those players had played 14 games:

Suzuki 3 goals, 12 points
Dach 3 goals, 5 points (with Chicago)
Caufield 1 goal, 2 points

This season

Suzuki 9 goals, 17 points
Caufield 8 goals, 15 points
Dach 4 goals, 12 points

It’s great seeing this team play some offence for once.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Guhle, Harris and Xhekaj, we can all say that the future at LD is set for many years to come.

Lane Hutson say hello too 🤩

Just need the RD prospects to make it as well (Barron, Mailloux, Hutson who's a lefty)

Guhle - Mailloux
Harris - Barron
Hutson - Xhekaj

The oldest of this group is Harris at 22 years old.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
..............and says ''sure, I'll play in Montreal for 10 per year and while you're at it,give Cole 10 too. Is this not the formula that the Leafs have done.

I trust the Habs will do better managing the cap than the Leafs did.

And as has been reported, the cap could go up $4M next year and even more the years after that.

Reactions: Rapala

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Lol so that was awesome , I was still taking my jacket off as Suzuki scored, so fun way to start the match lol
I had never sat that close before in my life honestly, 4 rows from the glass, never seen the boys so life sized before lol
First thing that stood out was BIG a lot of our guys were, even without Slaf and Andy (man I would of loved to see Slaf lol)

So, Suzuki was the best player on the ice, he has a level above most people you just see it, the goal was cool but that PASS to Dachs 2nd was WOW, I couldnt believe he saw him, and god did I want Kirby to put that one in, that was GREAT

LOL @ the Gallagher thing, I could not believe he turned around to push the goalie some more and my jaw dropped when I see even the goalie AND a D tackle Gallagher to the ground, it was surreal to see the goalie pads all tangled up in there, so so funny, and honestly, we gave Gallagher a great ovation for that

Xhekaj was a joy to behold live, I know he usually plays around 13-14 mins a night but to me it felt like he was on ALL the time, was not surprised to see he ended up with a career high 19 mins
It wasnt the greatest of games he played dont get me wrong, but to watch and understand that that's a 21 yr old rookie.. no AHL exp... undrafted...? MAN can he handle himself out there, it was very noticed, and you can tell the crowd LOVES him
Cant believe I got to see one of his seeing eye shots go IN lol, pumped for him

Guhle, quite impressive to see Live, he's a bit "ticky" like, nervous ticks type thing WHILE on the ice, his head is constantly twitching around , he is scanning the ice/processing continuously, so so fast
He and Xhekaj during the commercial breaks always take a lil skate and talk to each other, cool to see

Now for Kirby..... boy did I ever feel fortunate to be present for his so far BEST game as a hab because that was a hell of a TREAT to see..
Hes so BIG and so fast, effortless puck control, figure skater transition pivots
First goal was a good forecheck "excuse me" goal , got it off fast, second goal was the highlight of the night
But my favorite part with Kirby, and it happened like 8 feet away right in front of me, he was coming down the wing fast and I could see in my peripheral the Canucks D lining him up (saw it was ekman Larsson after he got up from the humiliation) and man I was like I hope Kirby braces for this... LOL kirby faked like he didnt know the guy was there and just LIT him UP, just kaBOOM, was great to see since people bring up his physicality a lot
Easy 1st star selection, and man, the last 2 pucks he chucked in the crowd literally fell 3 seats next to me on each side lol so close

Lot of fun, too bad no Slaf
Caufield was alright, very implicated, I had a GREAT look at his hit on Myers to set up the 5th goal I couldnt believe my eyes lol, he was going at it physically all game to be honest
Liked Monahan
Harris was impressive
Hoffman flew RIGHT by me on his goal, I was cursing him out loud too like "you better score right here dude.." nice shot
Poor Samuel lol, I was so looking forward to seeing Monty cuz I like him so much and MAN was he BORED lol, only reason they got that 1st goal
Even Dadonov had a good game it looked like honestly
Drouin.. unfortunately should reassess if he wants to continue playing hockey..

Cant think of anything else for now lol, was super fun, sorry for long post

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Kovasevic has been really good since he sat out a game. +5 isn't too shabby
Agreed. His one horrible outing was against his former team where he was obviously trying to do too much. I'm loving our D right now. We still have tremedous upside to boot. X by himself will continue to move that needle the very second he learns what he can and cannot control.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm reacting to the evidence before me. Since Marty took over, their has been a noticeable shift in the development of this team. Suzuki and Caufield are PPG since that time and Dach has jumped on that ship as well.

When is the sample not "small" for you?
The sample size is decent. What I like is the fact that they are doing it with MUCH MORE on the line. It's easy to get over excited about stats in meaningless games e.g. Poehling but by game 20 we will have enough data to start salivating on.

Reactions: waitin425

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This is where PLD enters the conversation.
:laugh: Ummm... he's been front and center in many peoples conversations for a couple of years now. I recall some had us giving up Nick for him at one point. :sarcasm: I never understood the sentiment as Suzuki was/is still progressing. I'm not sure that can be said of Dubois.

I trust the Habs will do better managing the cap than the Leafs did.

And as has been reported, the cap could go up $4M next year and even more the years after that.
They've got the right guy at the helm for that.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
:laugh: Ummm... he's been front and center in many peoples conversations for a couple of years now. I recall some had us giving up Nick for him at one point. :sarcasm: I never understood the sentiment as Suzuki was/is still progressing. I'm not sure that can be said of Dubois.

The only people I saw willing to trade Suzuki for PLD were Jets fans, who thought one of Suzuki or Caufield had to be in the deal.

PLD is progressing, but Suzuki is progressing more and quicker. I think PLD is just closer to being who he is as an NHL player.

PLD has played 5 seasons (this year is his 6th). He has 2 seasons of 60+ points. He has 3 seasons of 20+ goals. And the season that was cut short due to COVID, he had 18 goals and 49 pts in 70 games (a pace of 21 goals and 57 pts). So basically another 20+ goal season and hovering around 60 points again.

This year, he has 11 pts in 12 GP. This early going, he's on pace for a career year in goals and pts (41 goals and 75 pts).

The only year he truly struggled was the year he got traded from Columbus to Winnipeg.

I don't know why, but seeing as though Suzuki, Caufield & Dach at this moment look like a great top line, I envision PLD with Slaf and maybe Anderson (as PLD and Anderson have played together before).

• Love
Reactions: Rapala and Redux91

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
some are programmed to criticize some player and fail to actually watch them play..
I was totally on the Gallagher hate train before the season started and last year but he’s been so good. Clunky hands as usual but his speed is next level compared to last year and it’s creating space for him to shoot like he used to. Happy for him he works hard

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Agree. I think that Xhekaj and Harris are very polyvalent D-men, they can be really good at RD too. That's fantastic to have 3 already young D who can show very good promising.
Delete

Last edited:

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Nice of the Canucks to ''gift'' the game to Montreal, how'd they beat Ottawa?lol

Thought the game was rather dull and boring,but 2 points is 2 points.

Montreal has now played 14 games? only Vegas looks like a cup contender,the rest rather blah.

Now he can ''crash'' the crease sooner.lol
He better fits the transition and forechecking that MSL wants to play with

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad