Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Sabres Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So Anderson is good to go. He had a tough game against Dallas physically. 11F, 7D seems to be working well. I'd keep it too.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Great news regarding Andy. Didn't look good at all when he left the ice. The guy below must've been in the room when Andy went in. :)

Miyagi heal Andy.
Miyagi.gif

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It's the 3rd time it happens under MSL (on each season) and it always worked better than the standard formation.:laugh:

RHP & Pearson don't sound too far away. We'll have roster issues when they come back. We have a roster of 22 already. Since neither can play center, we wouldn't be able to send Stephens down.

RHP is still eligible to be sent to Laval without waivers.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It seems the Habs play better against Buffalo on the road while the Habs struggle at home against them. I don't have the stats to prove that point though.

waiting to hear but I think I saw that Levi might get the start so that could throw a mix into it with a local kid getting his first start vs Habs.

Reactions: Tyson

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
First game back home after a lenghty road trip means a L in Habs mythology
To be accurate it's NHL mythology and the reasoning remains the same for every team.
Funny enough we didn't suffer the usual dopiness after our previous road trip as the game in question was the tail end of a back to back.
But we were definitely dopey the following game.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
waiting to hear but I think I saw that Levi might get the start so that could throw a mix into it with a local kid getting his first start vs Habs.
Yeah many Terry Sawchuk clones from Quebec have stymied the Habs for many decades.

Reactions: montreal

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
RHP & Pearson don't sound too far away. We'll have roster issues when they come back. We have a roster of 22 already. Since neither can play center, we wouldn't be able to send Stephens down.

RHP is still eligible to be sent to Laval without waivers.
Both should be back around Jan 20th and I expect Armia to be sent down when that happens (along RHP).

Stephen will stay up until Newhook is back (should be early March), unless Newie is back after the deadline (March 8th) and forwards are traded.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Both should be back around Jan 20th and I expect Armia to be sent down when that happens (along RHP).

Stephen will stay up until Newhook is back (should be early March), unless Newie is back after the deadline (March 8th) and forwards are traded.
RHP would be huge for Laval.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It allows your most talented players to play more and takes some pressure off the young Dmen. If you can't ice 12 decent forwards then the strategy of 11/7 is a good option.
RDS made an interesting comment.
The fourth line stays intact so the other 8 players are more alert and stay on their toes not knowing when they may be called into action.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
In the future, if there's still a LD log jam, 7-D with Xhekaj taking a shift here and there with Florian could be something I can rock with hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad