Post-Game Talk: Habs @ Rangers 1/29/15 Mod warning in post #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
The worst part about McDonagh slumping, is you can see just how useless him and Girardi are as a pair when he's not playing up to par.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Had some chances. Couldn't finish. I'm aggravated because the chances we missed were ridiculous.

Also annoyed at the officiating. Although not one-sided, some of those calls were mind boggling.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Horrible game. No positives whatsoever.

I'm telling you. Sather is going to make some changes.

Those bottom two lines are black holes.

How was it a horrible game with no positives. It was a tight checking goal tenders duel, in which the rangers had the better chances, and price was rediculous. Hank HAS GOT to make that save, and the refs were terrible. Overall I think they played a solid game.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Go watch it without the Hank-colored-glasses. Price made several great saves. It wasn't not as one-sided as you think it was. Hank didn't get it done. Price did. Sometimes your team scores no/very few goals. The goalie needs to not give up stinkers in those games. Hank did; Price didn't. That's how it goes.

On to the next one.

Huh?

When did I ever say Price didn't play a great game? He did...

However, I said he wasn't tested that much. He wasn't. 24 shots against, and most were not high-quality at all.

Hank let up a very bad goal, he's a human being and sometimes during the course of a game you lose focus for a moment, and you aren't set, next thing you know the puck is in the back of the net.

This shouldn't offset the multiple GREAT saves he made the rest of the game that kept the TEAM actually IN the game.

The team couldn't score, plain and simple. You don't win if you can't score.

Hank is more angry about that goal than ANY of us. He knows thats on him, and he should have had it.

You still have a fat goose up to stare at the scoreboard with our name right next to it.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
With how bad the powerplay has been lately, I'm glad nothing was called in the third. That awful icing is more annoying, I've hated the hybrid icing since it's been announced and nothing has changed.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Zuc is losing it out there. Barely top 9 material here.

Hagelin is giving me headaches. He looks like ****, then he has one big play, be it a shot, goal, attempted hit, flash of speed, and I end up having faith again. But no, wishful thinking. He is too fast for himself and not big of a body enough to help us with ****.

As for Gramps, he's really getting on my nerves. I don't care how many points he puts up. He's another small body on a small body team.

I'd rather see Nash-Step-MSL and Kreides-Brass and Zuc at this point.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I don't think the refs understand hybrid icing. It's clear they don't know when to not call it. seems they think it's like automatic icing.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
-Hagelin's worst game of the year. Absolute **** from him.

-Girardi and McDonagh are absolute jokes right now. No, jokes are funny. They're more like walking abominations right now. These ****ing braindead idiots can't do anything right anymore.

-Change these god damn lines before I have an aneurysm.

-Klein, Girardi, and Hagelin on the ice when we need a goal. Brilliant ****ing coaching AV. Imbecile.

-Absolute choke by Hank. How do you let that in with 4 minutes left?

-All of the refs can get ****ed tonight.

-Zuccarello can walk home with Girardi, Hagelin, and McDonagh. Not one positive from him tonight.

-OH, and **** Glass too.

Most heated I've been after a loss in a really long time.

We were a lot better in this game than we were in the last one yet now you're angry.

What I'll agree with is that Henrik ****ed up on the goal. Rangers were gifted a goal in the first though. We've seen these not count before but I'm pretty sure you know just as well as I that that puck was in.

What you're pissed at Girardi or McDonagh for I'm trying to figure out--because they were on the ice when the goal was scored?

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
This shouldn't offset the multiple GREAT saves he made the rest of the game that kept the TEAM actually IN the game.

wtf is this?

Price made just as many great saves

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Huh?

When did I ever say Price didn't play a great game? He did...

However, I said he wasn't tested that much. He wasn't. 24 shots against, and most were not high-quality at all.

Hank let up a very bad goal, he's a human being and sometimes during the course of a game you lose focus for a moment, and you aren't set, next thing you know the puck is in the back of the net.

Hank is more angry about that goal than ANY of us. He knows thats on him, and he should have had it.

You still have a fat goose up to stare at the scoreboard with our name right next to it.

Habs had maybe two or three really good chances. Most of their shots were from the angles and ironically, the Rangers solid team defense cost them a game because the Habs had nowhere to shoot from but spots where Pacioretty scored.

I dont like telling posters what or when to post, but tonight is a night you probably shouldn't waste your time explaining anything.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Zuccarello and McDonagh have been terrible this year.

It's obvious McD's captaincy was premature. He wasn't ready for it.

I don't think there's really much the Rangers could improve short of another blockbuster deal. They need some scoring depth. A 3C or bottom 6 scoring winger. Or they could just remove Tanner Glass from the lineup and put in Miller.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
well, at least it wasn't Bernier-level bad.

That gave me a good laugh, I'm going to sleep now.

Btw, Staal and Stepan had good games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad