Post-Game Talk: Habs @ Rangers 1/29/15 Mod warning in post #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
AV is getting a lot less blame than he should for how he's handled the bottom 6.

ive torn into him at every opportunity.

step 1 is putting the lineup out there that will give you the best chance at winning.

he's doing a horrendous job at that.

for a supposed advanced stat guy, he's absolutely horrendous at managing his lineup with those in mind.

hell, forget advanced stats...look at...stat stats....or the eye test.

Glass literally fails all 3.

when 25% of your lineup gets neutered because he's in...it trickles down everywhere else.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
This is what happens when a Rangers' fan posts something on the main board asking fans of other teams to tell us how ****ing great the Rangers are.

Good karma shall return but the Rangers still have too many holes in their lineup.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
AV is getting a lot less blame than he should for how he's handled the bottom 6.

From the media maybe, but they handle everything Rangers with little kid gloves.

Around here, and even from some writers on Twitter, his bottom 6 decisions have been harpooned as they should be.

He's worrying me with his decision making. Just some truly awful choices when they can't really afford them.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
ive torn into him at every opportunity.

step 1 is putting the lineup out there that will give you the best chance at winning.

he's doing a horrendous job at that.

for a supposed advanced stat guy, he's absolutely horrendous at managing his lineup with those in mind.

hell, forget advanced stats...look at...stat stats....or the eye test.

Glass literally fails all 3.

when 25% of your lineup gets neutered because he's in...it trickles down everywhere else.

Not to mention the cute little cupid shuffle the ENTIRE BOTTOM 6 has to do whenever Glass' stupid useless ass is back in the lineup.

Fast, Miller, Stempniak all constantly miss games to fit Glass in. Are people really surprised those lines aren't developing chemistry, and don't seem to have roles?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What I'm stating is that he's a top 3 forward on this team and impossible to replace if we don't re-sign him next season.
Whatever you think of him, the Rangers cannot afford him at the same salary level. There is not cash in the till to pay him the same salary as this year and give Stepan a raise AND resign Zuc & Hagelin

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Whatever you think of him, the Rangers cannot afford him at the same salary level. There is not cash in the till to pay him the same salary as this year and give Stepan a raise AND resign Zuc & Hagelin

He is going to take a discount. Discounted MSL>Zucc

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
There is an old adage:

One teaspoon of **** can ruin the whole jar of honey.

That's what that goal was to Henrik's game. Brilliant game up until that point. And he knows it. Absolute gem by him. This is definitely a weakness for him. Slight brain farts that lead to softies. They happen too often.

They happen to every single goalie. Ever.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
When you give up a goal in a tied a game with less than 5 minutes to go how are you giving your team a chance to win? I guess I'd understand your reasoning if the Rangers were outshot 40-20 or something, but this seems like an evenly played defensive game.
Is keeping the game scoreless for 55 minutes and ultimately only allowing 1 goal NOT giving your team a chance? :help:

I just can't give the goalie the lion's share of the blame when he gives up 1 goal, no matter how weak it is.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They've beat big, physical teams handily a few times. I'm not sure they've beat a four line team that pressured them for 60 minutes yet.
Aside from a few exceptions, they have looked pretty poor against big physical teams. And even in some of their wins (San Jose, Columbus), anyone watching could tell you that they were not the best team on the ice.

This team is smaller than last year and softer. And has trouble with bigger teams.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Like it or not, that is exactly what they are. Not willing or able to win battles in the corner. Not willing or able to win battles along the board. Only score if they can generate the first pass and score off of the rush.

I mean I agree that they can use a gritty player or two, but the way you describe them, a neutral observer would think we are a junior team filled with twigs. We have players that protect the puck, win board battles, and take hits to make plays. The problem is these players aren't evenly balanced.

There's an all finesse line in Brassard's, there's an all forechecking and no skill line in Hayes' line, there's a great in their own zone but useless offensively line in the 4th line, and there's a good not great line with Kreider-Stepan-MSL.

Miller is good on the forecheck but is scratched every other game for a useless pylon in Tanner Glass because of AV's ridiculous crucifixion complex. Fast forechecks hard and plays hard in all three zones, but he got taken away from where he was really effective on the 4th line. Nothing develops between any players because AV keeps changing the lines with reckless abandon. Remember Miller-Moore-Fast? They were great on the forecheck and top notch in their own zone, and then AV brought Glass back and we never saw that line again.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Is keeping the game scoreless for 55 minutes and ultimately only allowing 1 goal NOT giving your team a chance? :help:

I just can't give the goalie the lion's share of the blame when he gives up 1 goal, no matter how weak it is.

Ah even Hank said he should have had it. Some times it is what it is.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Couldn't agree more. A softy in the third of a 2-2 or 3-3 game? Different story.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Paquette and Morrow for starters? All of their forwards have a willingness to battle that many of our forwards lack.

Call it whatever you want, but they won the physical battle. You don't have to have a lineup of 6'4 200lb maniacs to be physical. Sometimes all it takes is your star defender getting your most physical forward off of his game early on. The Habs bogged down the Rangers offense and was able to get their own going at the same time. Sure, the score was 1-0, but Hank had to make a hell of a lot harder saves than Price did.

No problem having small guys if they have the heart that the kid Gallagher has for Montreal...he never quits until he is right in behind the goalie on EVERY shift....that kind of stuff goes a long ways and he is relentless in board battles for a small guy.....extra effort is pretty to watch ....I wish more of our guys played that way . That Hab team will be even better next season...

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I think of Prucha as an affable guy who gets back up when he is knocked down, grabs a pass from Jagr and buries it.
I think of Gallagher as that kid at the back of the class that the teacher hated because he was always smirking at something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad