Pre-Game Talk: Habs Prepare to get Flamed On (Tomorrow)

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
Send the message with your lack of presence in the phonebooth. Empty rink for bunch of dinks to deal with.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
This reeks of desperation. They know we need a PMD and Niku and Wideman haven't been good enough to stick. Norlinder is the millionth try to address a need that needed to be addressed a long time ago.

Highly Doubt that. Pretty sure the plan is to send him back to Sweden, but they want to give him a couple of nhl games of experience before doing so.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This reeks of desperation. They know we need a PMD and Niku and Wideman haven't been good enough to stick. Norlinder is the millionth try to address a need that needed to be addressed a long time ago.

Norlinder was only able to be sent on a conditioning stint for 3 games. Because of his Euro clause, they couldn't send him down for the longer conditioning stints. And they said they'd like to see him with the Habs before they decide what to do with him.

Reactions: DavePeak

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Highly Doubt that. Pretty sure the plan is to send him back to Sweden, but they want to give him a couple of nhl games of experience before doing so.
It's worth mentioning that KK, Mete, and Romanov all looked pretty good in their first preseason and start to the regular season. It was evident that they needed to be sent back down however when they struggled mightily.

Meanwhile, Sergachev played 4 games with us and was completely lost so he got sent back.

I think if Norlinder looked unready the way Sergachev was, he'll get sent back. If he looks good like how Mete and Romanov did at the start, they will keep him up for too long.

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
Why do other franchises fire their coach and GM if they go on a 5 game losing streak, yet here we are 3-10-1, the playoffs almost out of reach already, and our foxhole hasn't made a peep? Oh right, the other teams want to win, while Habs just want to sell tickets and merchandise.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Why do other franchises fire their coach and GM if they go on a 5 game losing streak, yet here we are 3-10-1, the playoffs almost out of reach already, and our foxhole hasn't made a peep? Oh right, the other teams want to win, while Habs just want to sell tickets and merchandise.

Give me the number of instances that a team fired their coach the season after having gone to the cup final.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
And he is not ready based on what we saw in Laval

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
3-11-1.
It's obviously not working regardless. They'd have to win 8.5 games in a row just to hit .500.

Doesnt matter if its currently working or not. Its ridiculous to think that a coach will be fired so soon after having brought the team to the cup final. What he did in the playoffs is enough of an accomplishment to have his job secured for at least 1 year.

The playoffs chances are pretty much dead regardless of any coaching changes. So its not like hiring a new coach would help. It will likely just hurt the tank.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Pretty sure the technical name for that is…a concussion.

Habs medical staff apparently didn't learn from the Juulsen incident.

At any rate I really hope Drouin and Juulsen make full recoveries. Head injuries and persistent headaches are no joke.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Habs medical staff apparently didn't learn from the Juulsen incident.

At any rate I really hope Drouin and Juulsen make full recoveries. Head injuries and persistent headaches are no joke.
hmm, if anything, they have learned as he not played since.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
lol... "wins are coming" according to TSN article.

this one feels like its going to be a big smack in the mouth. You know Sutter is going to be stoking the fires from last year where we knocked them out of the playoffs... i suspect that they will come out of the gates firing on all cylinders, good gut check game to see how we respond.
I’m sure Roman had a stern talking to about cleanly crushing opponents… Seriously. Our franchise is a disaster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad