Pre-Game Talk: Habs Prepare to get Flamed On (Tomorrow)

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
My Father had one incident, a TV fell on his head. Headaches and seizures for decades after. This was early seventies before post concussion was even an idea. I watched a vibrant man become a shell of himself. :(

I had a major car accident at work. I was "lucky" to "only" get out with a concussion. Still, it took me 8 months to get back to work.

The hardest thing was when my long time (and still) girlfriend told me that there was a me before the accident, and a me after the accident. That she had to learn to live with a different version of me. That hits hard.

It can happen to anyone, but I can't f***ing believe professional sport teams, in 2021, are still missing or letting go of players with concussions.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You're hoping the familiarity between the three will help. It will also be up to Poehling to show he belongs even if it's not in the ideal spot. Keep in mind Suzuki started the first 20 or so games of his career on the wing of the 4th line with Nate Thompson.

Poehling needs to do something similar. Show enough with the limited minutes and work your way up the line-up and earn more ice time.
Not all will be lost if dum dum uses him on the PK

Hector Salamanca

Jul 20, 2013
Qc
Cant believe Paquette Will Play again ...

A foward with 0pts in 10 Games and a supposed def center with a Nice 30% on faceoff lol.

We can lose That one by 3-4 ezpz

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Today isn't going to pretty. Flames are pretty strong, they clog, they are physical... the kind of team Habs could never play well against. That old school dinosaur Sutter seems to have worked out quite well for them.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Our best hope is teams start taking us for granted. However the logo on our jersey seems to drive a desire to crush us for some reason. :sarcasm:

Reactions: iamtalbot

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Hard to cheer against your own team but the gig is up,we need a tear down.
One can only hope that molson, behind the scenes, is looking for the president of hockey operations... and that someone is actually a hockey man/woman, not another molson crony to get a cushy job.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Maybe if they call up Poehling and don't have play Brooks instead... Rangers want to watch him? Kravtsov and Poehling in the deal?

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
any idea what the lines are tonight? I think Romanov is playing better with Wideman.
From the looks of it Petry is probably happy that he isn't having to play with Romanov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad