Proposal: Habs-Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Put a real #1 C on that team, and Drouin could become a decent #2 (if he doesn't have the pressure of being the #1). Danault is a great #3, and Plekanec/DLR/Peca as a #4 isn't bad at all. They are playing all the C 1 or 2 spot too high, but that's not true that the bottom 6 C are mediocre. Even if they need a #1 and #2 C, it's not like every players are bad, there's a lot of bright spot. It's only that bad because those are big holes.

For Weber, I think he's still a 40/50 pts D, but until he play full time again, it's hard to argue. If he's here, Weber-?, Petry-Mete and Juulsen-Alzner is a good set of RHD.

For Price, he had a down year so maybe he's over, maybe not. It's pretty soon to say that he's over with his dominance phase.

Not saying the team is great, but I think that "complete trash" is an over reaction.

1. Drouin is not a C and does not look good at C, he's a winger that is being forced at C and they'll do the same with Domi, they failed with that idiocy with Galchenyuk when he actually should have been C and kept playing him Wing.

2. They need more than a real #1 C and there is no #2 C because any competent coach would identify that Drouin is a winger.

3. Danault had that fluke year, then came down to earth hard, he's at best, a mediocre 3C that should be a 4C when you have adequate C depth.

4. Weber is not a 50pt defenseman anymore, he's slowed down some and with his injury, is likely to slow down even more.

5. Those defensemen, some decent, some question marks, but Alzner? lol, are you for real?

6. Carey Price is hit or miss, last year was more troubling because both stats that goalies are judged for, were horrible for him, a bad year for an elite goalie is usually one of those stats not being good and the other mediocre at best, but both were bad. He could rebound for sure, but that team in front of him is a nightmare. A bunch of decent wingers, weak as hell C depth, laughable LD depth, now missing their #1 D and Petry is their leader on that blueline until he's back. Yikes.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That's a really bad trade for the Pens. Losing Guentzel and not even getting that upgrade on defense I'd want if he was dealt, and now the Pens now have a lot of money tied up in RHD with a big hole on the LHD side.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
1. Drouin is not a C and does not look good at C, he's a winger that is being forced at C and they'll do the same with Domi, they failed with that idiocy with Galchenyuk when he actually should have been C and kept playing him Wing.

2. They need more than a real #1 C and there is no #2 C because any competent coach would identify that Drouin is a winger.

3. Danault had that fluke year, then came down to earth hard, he's at best, a mediocre 3C that should be a 4C when you have adequate C depth.

4. Weber is not a 50pt defenseman anymore, he's slowed down some and with his injury, is likely to slow down even more.

5. Those defensemen, some decent, some question marks, but Alzner? lol, are you for real?

6. Carey Price is hit or miss, last year was more troubling because both stats that goalies are judged for, were horrible for him, a bad year for an elite goalie is usually one of those stats not being good and the other mediocre at best, but both were bad. He could rebound for sure, but that team in front of him is a nightmare. A bunch of decent wingers, weak as hell C depth, laughable LD depth, now missing their #1 D and Petry is their leader on that blueline until he's back. Yikes.

Danault has been about .5 points per game for the past 2 years and just turned 25. So you know that guy who had career high numbers 1.5 years ago yeah that was a fluke not him entering his prime at 24. But when Friedmen and McGuire both constantly say he is a very good 3c we shouldn't listen to them but to you a random fan who clearly dislikes the Habs, Okay.

Edit and just to be clear: cane down to earth hard is what you said. How is putting a pace that is 1pt less/82 games than your career high coming down to earth hard? I'm curious.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Armia, signed Pacioretty, & Petry for Sprong, Guentzel, & Maatta

Pens get a consistent 30 goal scorer. Armia is a nice spark plug too. Guentzel will add youth to the rebuild in Montreal.

Thoughts?

Respectfully, I like Sprong over Armia, Guentzel over Patches and Maatta over Petry.
That’s without even considering age or contracts where the Pens players are more attractive all on both parameters.

I suppose that is a polite “hell no”.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

I would not trade Guentzel for any asset the Habs have, let alone the rest of this deal, which makes the Pens older and worse.

Reactions: domaug

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Pittsburgh says helllllll no.

Jake Guentzel is the real deal, behind Sidney Crosby I put Jake Guentzel at #2 on PIT in terms of straight up hockey smarts.

Pittsburgh isn't moving Jake... At least not for Pacioretty.

Sprong is their #1 prospect.. Joel Armia does not get you Sprong.

Edit: sorry, forgot about Maatta in the move.

I am not in favor of moving Maatta, myself. I like Olli a lot and I don't see the point of swapping him for Petry.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
That's a really bad trade for the Pens. Losing Guentzel and not even getting that upgrade on defense I'd want if he was dealt, and now the Pens now have a lot of money tied up in RHD with a big hole on the LHD side.
Dumoulin
Maatta
Johnson
Oleksiak

I wouldn't exactly call that a "big hole"...

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Nice pieces individually but doesnt do anything for Habs. I think we can make out much better by just trading Patches and keeping Armia+Petry.

Id think Maata+Sprong = Patches.

Guentzel isnt worth Petry+Armia.

Pass.

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018

Pens get a consistent 30 goal scorer. Armia is a nice spark plug too. Guentzel will add youth to the rebuild in Montreal.

Thoughts?
Maata hasn’t impressed me and sprong is a B prospect. Habs actually probably do this though since patches contract situation sucks. Also, pens need affordable d like maata. They’re never short on offense so idk it they’ll like this either

Last edited:

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon

Thoughts?
this is brutal for Pittsburgh

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Guentzel isnt worth Petry+Armia.

mila-kunis-laugh-cry.gif

cspera777

Jul 6, 2018

Thoughts?
This is so bad for the Pens. Take out Guentzel and you have a deal.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
How do u know he doesn't come close to those points without Crosby?

Common sense. Are you saying he would do better with Danault or Drouin or Plekanec???

Also, history speaks for itself....how did Kunitz do without Crosby? Guys like Sheary are so over valued because they put up pts they probably wouldnt have playing with someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad