Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Lines and D pairings this morning at practice:

Can't wait to watch that lineup tonight.

giphy.gif

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
How can there be no accountability for the GM who has assembled this roster. If there was a true plan I would understand but there is zero evidence of any plan other than throwing **** at a wall and seeing what sticks.

Throw aways like Kukak, Weal, Cousins are all vital in Bergevin's world.
8 yrs in.............brutal eh...

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Primeau getting the start tonight and Price tomorrow at home or vice versa?
Neither game will be a cakewalk. Logic would dictate Primeau play against Ottawa but Logic is not part of the strategy in Montreal, if it was Primeau would be in Laval where he belongs.

Reactions: DangerDave

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I have my own little streak going... this will be game #8 I think that I will not be watching. The lineup is disgusting. It is officially back to Houle/Tremblay era. Can't believe I wasted 180 bucks on NHL streaming service.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
As i said....no commitment. To use your poker example, Bergevin still try to see the flop with 10-5 not suited to see if he gets lucky, but that hand should be fold pre-flop unless you are bluffing

Some believe his bluff.....while many saw his hand was crap from the start and called him up on that.

Commitment would be to either play tight and fold the hand or play loose and keep bluffing until the end....Bergevin is not doing either.
Well said.

Called him on years ago.........when he was doubling down on Therrien in "the fox hole"

"Its on me" :laugh: ya dont say.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milhouse40

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I have my own little streak going... this will be game #8 I think that I will not be watching. The lineup is disgusting. It is officially back to Houle/Tremblay era. Can't believe I wasted 180 bucks on NHL streaming service.
I used to think it would be a waste.

But its actually money well spent. I see a ton of great hockey, great stars and all the new young guns...........just not in Montreal . Good thing I get all the games.

Teams i see more than the canadiens?........just about all of them. Ha!

Seriously. Best teams to watch and follow. Bruins, Aves, Oilers, Pens, Flyers, Canucks, Knights, Canes, Flames.

Reactions: The Real Timo

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Neither game will be a cakewalk. Logic would dictate Primeau play against Ottawa but Logic is not part of the strategy in Montreal, if it was Primeau would be in Laval where he belongs.
With Crosby out I don't mind Primeau playing Pittsburgh tbh. We do better vs teams with one stacked line vs a balanced lineup

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
"Neither game will be a cake walk". :laugh: ya dont say.

Or did you mean no cake walk for the Pens or Sens?

Last edited:

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I used to think it would be a waste.

But its actually money well spent. I see a ton of great hockey, great stars and all the new young guns...........just not in Montreal . Good thing I get all the games.

Teams i see more than the canadiens?........just about all of them. Ha!

Seriously. Best teams to watch and follow. Bruins, Aves, Oilers, Pens, Flyers, Canucks, Knights, Canes, Flames.

Hah... wish I had that much time... or energy. you know you're in tough when you don't even have energy to watch a game.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
True.............but injuries have put us there............Drouin,Byron, KK and Mete being out is a cluster%^&

It's not like Byron, KK or Mete are "excellent" players anyway... KK (and maybe Mete, who knows) are probably in the AHL on a lot of other teams.

And I'm not saying anything about their potential, I'm talking about right now.

But yes, that's sstill a full line recall from Laval hahaha

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
How can there be no accountability for the GM who has assembled this roster. If there was a true plan I would understand but there is zero evidence of any plan other than throwing **** at a wall and seeing what sticks.

Throw aways like Kukak, Weal, Cousins are all vital in Bergevin's world.

Idk how anyone can defend MB today. There are 2 players left from the 2014-2015 team that finished high. More than half of that team he inherited in 2012-2013.

Since then, it's been a steady decline

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It's not like Byron, KK or Mete are "excellent" players anyway... KK (and maybe Mete, who knows) are probably in the AHL on a lot of other teams.

And I'm not saying anything about their potential, I'm talking about right now.

But yes, that's sstill a full line recall from Laval hahaha
They are depp. Without depp team can't be competitive.

Reactions: Tyson and abo9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad