GDT: Habs @ Pens | October 13th 2015 7PM | RDS, CITYM, ROOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Moderation Notice:

We have received your concerns regarding the GDT. We understand where you are coming from and are currently discussing the issue among the moderation team.

Until we have reached a decision, please refrain from complaining regarding it on the open forums. In addition, I will remind you that complaining or discussing moderator actions on the open forums is a violation of our site rules.

We thank you for your patience while we work through this matter.

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
Hopefully they get to Mc Fleury early. Hopefully they practiced the PP and something a bit more decent can come out of it. Read/Heard that they didn't have much time to practice the PP because of the schedule but according to Habs Twitter feed over the weekend, they had time to practice 3 on 3 :facepalm:

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Wow, that Pittsburgh Defensive i think is worst than the Bruins one. (Especially if we include the goaltender)

We should totally destroy them.

It must be sad for this forward group to play with such a bunch of scrub, having that D-corps must totally kill their offensive momentum. No wonder why Crosby and coe haven't scored more than that in two games, how can they get the puck ??

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
If the Habs bring a smart forecheck and stifling neutral zone play, the Penguins wont be able to get their high-powered offense going. Penguins D is inexperienced and not as good as Montreal's at transitioning the play. Penguins have to trade one of Kunitz or Perron for a D.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Sustained pressure on their defense is key. That kind of defense is bound to lots of turnovers.

Pittsburgh - Montreal games have been weird for quite some time now. It usually ends up in an entertaining goals frenzy.

Let's keep the streak going!

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Sustained pressure on their defense is key. That kind of defense is bound to lots of turnovers.

Great post, I couldn't agree more.

This is where the possession game is so important. If we can hit their blueline with speed and puck movement (as opposed to dumping it), I should lead to a lot of chances.

After the 3 spot, Pitt's D is not looking as strong as other years.

mobifree

Cellphone Unlocker
Jul 18, 2011
Toronto
www.mobifree.net
DD and the 3rd line has been creating chances, they have not sucked or been hemmed in their own zone. For the role he's playing this year, he's been playing it well.

Even on the PP, you don't see DD as much as you did in past years.

Anyone claiming otherwise needs to take their heads out of their butts and watch the game.

The power play on the other hand is dreadful.

They should start declining penalties.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
DD and the 3rd line has been creating chances, they have not sucked or been hemmed in their own zone. For the role he's playing this year, he's been playing it well.

Anyone claiming otherwise needs to take their heads out of their butts and watch the game.

One would think that playing on the third line, away from Pacioretty, and getting less PP-time would help this board get past the obsession over DD. At this point, watching the game doesn't do it anymore. Sadly, once DD is gone, the same people will bash an other player with the same ol' arguments, 24/7.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

The power play on the other hand is dreadful.

They should start declining penalties.

So DD wasn't hemmed in at all in game one Toronto.
You did watch that game right?
It was hard to find footage where he wasn't hemmed in.
Talk about head and ass...

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Great GDT, Moroccan!

I understand how this one could raise some eyebrows, and I'll invite anyone to work on some DD-tribute GDT in the near future!

Peace.

Sure.. You know, that cool Hobbit GDT?

Anyway there's a game tonight! I'm pumped! DD with a hatty :p

Lol

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Moroccan, you GDT 'shooping extraordinaire, beautiful **** stirrer, you ;)

Guess I'll take the Jérémy-Gabriel-signing-the-national-anthem GDT I had prepared and burn it :sarcasm:

4310888.jpg

:popcorn:

GO HABS GO!

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Moroccan, you GDT 'shooping extraordinaire, beautiful **** stirrer, you ;)

Guess I'll take the Jérémy-Gabriel-signing-the-national-anthem GDT I had prepared and burn it :sarcasm:

4310888.jpg

:popcorn:

GO HABS GO!

I for one, can't wait for the Danish language Eller themed GDT.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I for one, can't wait for the Danish language Eller themed GDT.

That would be "racist" against Danes. Plus, enough about targeting Eller already. He's always scapegoated. :sarcasm:

Not only that, but all those references to pastries, so inhumane.

I vote to ban all future satire Eller GDT threads. :sarcasm:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
The moderators made the decision to remove the GDT, Moroccan can post another if he likes. Please continue discussing the game tonight, any further discussion about the GDT or the politics thereof will be removed with warnings or infractions. If you do have questions or anything you wish to discuss please message the moderators privately. Thanks.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Seof-edited. Just now saw the posting adisory. I apologize.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
Dude i'm scared for tonight. They are bound to have a strong performance and us to sucks. I think it's gonna be our first loss.

4-1 Pens.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Dude i'm scared for tonight. They are bound to have a strong performance and us to sucks. I think it's gonna be our first loss.

4-1 Pens.

Have some faith...
Is there any way it could possibly be worse than game 4 in Tampa last year? :help:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Did anyone notice that the Habs played b-b over the weekend and that this is their 3rd game in 4 nights on the road? Mightn't this have some bearing on the game? Or will the unfunny gagfest overshadow the game>

Moroccan

Mar 16, 2013
HABS World
I am so sorry my GDT offended some of you. That was NEVER my intention.
I don't hate DD, Quebec or anything related to French.
I understand the mods decision and I will be more carefull in the future. I'll post a modified version of the GDT. I hope it won't offend anyone.

Again sorry and I mean it.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
I've never seen DD's play as a problem. I'm just sad that his play doesn't seem to translate in the post-season, and it's certainly not due to a lack of effort. And honestly I want a freaking CUP!

Thanks for the GDT though! C'mon guys these guys take the time to entertain us for free and on their spare time. On top of that they are creative and really funny. Even the best of us can swing and miss, it happens!

Cheers to all of you pis bonne game ta******!!!

BONNE GAME ESTI DE BATARD!!

Quality post btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad