Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Panthers Tomorrow: Chiarot, you're dressing room is on the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If thru draft: gonna see these kids before another 3-4 years
If used in trades: has to be for young, cheap (good) prospects.

The Habs have their hands tied.

Team is funny to watch now. No pressure on their shoulders and a new coach voice in the room. Let's wait next season to see if it is just a mirage or for real.

I think a lot of these players will be good NHLers in 3-4 years, and only Anderson, Gallagher and Price will be vets on the books.

Caufield Suzuki Anderson
Farrell Kidney Roy
Pitlick Evan's Ylonen
RHP Poehling Heineman
Mysak, Pez, Smilanik, Tuch, etc...

Romanov Mailloux
Guhle Barron
Scheneman Harris
Xhekaj, Fairbrother, Struble

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
That is why it was important to keep guys like Toffoli and Lehkonen and get rid of Drouin, Armia, Hoffman, etc....

You've missed the point. NOBODY wants Drouin, Armia, Hoffman. Nobody. Teams wanted Toffoli and Chariot for the same reasons Habs fans wanted to keep them. There isn't any takers for Wideman, Niku, Gallagher or any of the other bums on this team. They weren't worth taking, either because they outright suck balls or they have ridiculous contracts; or with Drouin and Gallagher - BOTH! You can't expect our managers to work miracles if there's nobody interested. Miracles are maybe found at Saint Joseph's Oratory - not at the Bell Center.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I agree our hands are tied with the Gallagher and Armia contracts. That's why I would aim to be good in 3-4 years.
Armia last 12 games 0.42 PPG ~12min icetime. So it's safe to say he's also getting into a normal trend under St Louis. Can Armia keep this up ? Well duh, he has done it for years and most likely he can do even better. 3.4M and hands are tied ? Yeah.. No, not by a long shot.

Gallagher and his age + skillset + playstyle + 6x6.5M is a completely different story though. That's a hands down disaster.

Reactions: Habs13 and BLONG7

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Armia last 12 games 0.42 PPG ~12min icetime. So it's safe to say he's also getting into a normal trend under St Louis. Can Armia keep this up ? Well duh, he has done it for years and most likely he can do even better. 3.4M and hands are tied ? Yeah.. No, not by a long shot.

Gallagher and his age + skillset + playstyle + 6x6.5M is a completely different story though. That's a hands down disaster.

Would be great if Armia can get going. It is possible.

Reactions: MilesNewton

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Pitlicks aren't on the same line? Why even bother watching this then?
They should have invited Lance to be at the game and make it at Pitlicker Evening, even if there is another in the minors who couldn't be here.

Marketing Fail. Chantale dropped the ball. :m-dance:

Reactions: OldCraig71

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
You've missed the point. NOBODY wants Drouin, Armia, Hoffman. Nobody. Teams wanted Toffoli and Chariot for the same reasons Habs fans wanted to keep them. There isn't any takers for Wideman, Niku, Gallagher or any of the other bums on this team. They weren't worth taking, either because they outright suck balls or they have ridiculous contracts; or with Drouin and Gallagher - BOTH! You can't expect our managers to work miracles if there's nobody interested. Miracles are maybe found at Saint Joseph's Oratory - not at the Bell Center.

Reactions: Habs13

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Avs, Fla, Canes all have a) missing one/two pieces scenario...we are missing 5-6-7 b) top paid guys are still performing as top paid guys... we have Gallagher/Petry/Hoffman... and nobody wants them. Hockey never tells the details... the Habs have an upper body injury and are in the middle of a slow rebuild...

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I honestly can't see HuGo buying him out. He's either not able to play, and he'll be put on LTIR. Or he'll play and get traded at the deadline with 50% retained for a draft pick. He's a former 3rd overall pick. Some GM will take a chance on him at that price.
All depends on what other options are available and how HuGo value the roster spot for developmental purposes. I don't think Drouin is in the long term future, and if that has been determined, then you have to weigh the benefits of developing a young player under St. Louis for a year against continuing to dress Drouin and hope for a pick at the TDL. If no one is ready to take the spot, then you keep Drouin, though I really don't think we'll see much of a return as playoff teams tend to look for more reliable depth (i.e. Lehkonen and Chiarot).

Reactions: Habs10Habs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad