Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Panthers Tomorrow: Chiarot, you're dressing room is on the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That is why it was important to keep guys like Toffoli and Lehkonen and get rid of Drouin, Armia, Hoffman, etc....
Drouin, Armia, Hoffman aren't part of the top 6 going forward - neither was Lehkonen, and Toffoli likely only has so many years left.

Hopefully we can use Barron as Chiarot's replacement, and the two 1sts and two 2nds we just got to find future top 6 pieces.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
You guys are little too harsh on Drouin. I understand he didn't live up to the expectations and has disappointed many fans including me.
No point on kicking him while he's down, he has only 1 year remaining on his contract after this season.
I think despite is awful play and mostly disappointing tenure to date the fans have treated him with nothing but respect. As far as I know he's never even been booed once, even though he fully deserves it. He really has nothing to complain about. If this was another era or even soccer somewhere in Europe he wouldn't even be able to walk in the building without hearing it from fans.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Habs13

Jul 6, 2016
Drouin, Armia, Hoffman aren't part of the top 6 going forward - neither was Lehkonen, and Toffoli likely only has so many years left.

Hopefully we can use Barron as Chiarot's replacement, and the two 1sts and two 2nds we just got to find future top 6 pieces.
If thru draft: gonna see these kids before another 3-4 years
If used in trades: has to be for young, cheap (good) prospects.

The Habs have their hands tied.

Team is funny to watch now. No pressure on their shoulders and a new coach voice in the room. Let's wait next season to see if it is just a mirage or for real.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I hate this narrative. Nobody is wishing him bad.
He's been completely useless defensively and completely lost for 5 years. We are in Montreal here , hockey is life here. We are not in Dallas or Arizona where there is barely 3 reporters after a game. He's the softest player on the ice , he never improved his play in years. He never get into a higher gear. It's stop or reverse.

Also it's not like people are literally knocking at his door and insulting him. We are typing on a forum that Drouin probably doesn't even know it exists.

It's been excuses for all years in Montreal for him , im sad that he had outside hockey problem wish him the best , but what's happening on the ice he has to be critized like any other player that plays for us. They are paid well enough already if he can't take critics from a hockey forum website that he doesnt even know thats not my problem. Nothing will happen here if you call him lazy.
I understand your frustration, believe me I do. All I'm saying what is the point of repeating the same things over and over again.
Even if it's a forum, what will it change? There is a new direction of this team and I'm pretty sure he's not part of the long term plan.
He will be gone, probably as soon as this offseason.

I think it's time to move on...

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
What's the chance Montreal will be able to keep this even remotely close? Allen will have to be lights out with a horseshoe in one hand a magic wand in the other. In other words,some will be pretty ecstatic and suspect much tissue and hand-sanitizer will be in order.:nod:

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
What's the chance Montreal will be able to keep this even remotely close? Allen will have to be lights out with a horseshoe in one hand a magic wand in the other. In other words,some will be pretty ecstatic and suspect much tissue and hand-sanitizer will be in order.:nod:
If the Panthers take the Habs lightly, then it might be a closer game than we might be expecting.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If thru draft: gonna see these kids before another 3-4 years
If used in trades: has to be for young, cheap (good) prospects.

The Habs have their hands tied.

Team is funny to watch now. No pressure on their shoulders and a new coach voice in the room. Let's wait next season to see if it is just a mirage or for real.

I agree our hands are tied with the Gallagher and Armia contracts. That's why I would aim to be good in 3-4 years.

It's possible to do a quick turn around and go from last to a contender in 1-2 years, but highly unlikely. Most of the contenders now (Washington, Toronto, Colorado, Tampa, Florida, Pittsburgh, etc...) had multiple years of picking top 5, even top 3. That's how they got the players that are leading them to be contenders ( Ovechkin, Backstrom, Mathews, Marner, Nylander, Morgan Rielly, McKinnon, Makar (via Duchene), Rantanen, Ladenskog, Hedman, Stamkos, Sergachev (via Drouin), Barkov, Huberdeau, Crosby, Malkin, etc...)

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Is it being hard on him, or just stating reality, to say I have never ever seen a player his height be so easy push off of the puck for a turnover and easy zone exit by the other team. Just have never seen anything like it.
I think despite is awful play and mostly disappointing tenure to date the fans have treated him with nothing but respect. As far as I know he's never even been booed once, even though he fully deserves it. He really has nothing to complain about. If this was another era or even soccer somewhere in Europe he wouldn't even be able to walk in the building without hearing it from fans.

Not that I disagree with any of this. Like I said on another post, he will not be here for long and it's pointless bashing him when he's not part of the future plans.

Reactions: 26Mats

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I am picturing Jim Carrey and Lauren Holly right now in that scene they did from that popular movie from a few years back.

Reactions: BLONG7

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I am picturing Jim Carrey and Lauren Holly right now in that scene they did from that popular movie from a few years back.

Which one? I don't remember if I've seen it,possible I have but I forget so much it's hard to keep track of what I seen. I've watched almost entire movies and just near the end I realize I've already seen it.:doh:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Which one? I don't remember if I've seen it,possible I have but I forget so much it's hard to keep track of what I seen. I've watched almost entire movies and just near the end I realize I've already seen it.:doh:
1648155391329.png

Reactions: BLONG7

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
You guys are little too harsh on Drouin. I understand he didn't live up to the expectations and has disappointed many fans including me.
No point on kicking him while he's down, he has only 1 year remaining on his contract after this season.
I like him as a human, but I wouldn’t want him on my NHL team, he doesn’t fit anywhere. He’s better suited for a top 6 KHL role imo.

Reactions: Justin11 and Tyson

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I understand your frustration, believe me I do. All I'm saying what is the point of repeating the same things over and over again.
Even if it's a forum, what will it change? There is a new direction of this team and I'm pretty sure he's not part of the long term plan.
He will be gone, probably as soon as this offseason.

I think it's time to move on...
For now he's still a habs so yes we can discuss about him. When he will leave next year nobody will talk about him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad