Post-Game Talk: Habs outshoot Wings 2:1

GrafSk8r12

Jul 4, 2011
These days? I'd say "always and forever" is more like it. :) That's what makes HF great!

Post Game Quotes at Montreal

I've never seen an article like this with nothing but reaction from the players/coach.
Mrazek is such a humble yet confident, classy player. DD's comments were generic but also honest. He admitted his passes weren't as crisp as usual. Summed the game up by noting the poor compete level, too many penalties hurting the Wing's flow, and most condemning the lack of 2nd chances. So true. Blashill mentioned good energy twice in his statements, interesting that's not your usual hockey catch phrase. Hank called out Gallagher, what! He and the others main criticism is of Detroit's current special teams output. The PP has been off that must improve this week.

Hopefully he gets Kronwalled the next time these two teams play. Legally, of course. The defense doesn't need to get even worse because of a suspension.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
The team is experiencing highs and lows right now. It should be expected.

Team was high from getting a new coach, but now they are settling in and players are returning from injury, they slacked off. The passes were bad and they team wasn't skating. They looked like they had mentally detached the past few games.

I expect this to turn around. And the breakdown will happen again after Datsyuk returns. Hopefully they can string some wins together before the next break down.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
we win 4 to 2 against edmonton

Then an OTL, then 2 more wins. then Datsyuk. win about 3. go on a mini losing streak. then beast it out until febuary/march

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Ugh these long breaks between games suck.

Yeah our early season has been terrible. B2b's on the weekend and maybe 1 game during the week. Makes it really hard for the team to get chemistry as well in game situations given that the games are very erratic in when they occur.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Why do they make schedules like this? Tons of B2B and then 3-4 days between games? Seriously?

Detroit travels the least of any team this year, But on the downside they play the most B2B games of any team so that usually happens when you have the most B2B games you usually have quite a few times where you will be off 3-4 days at a time. And I think this would actually be hard on the players like this.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The practice time is actually a good thing with a system tweak and new coach in place.

Also hope they have been having faceoff wars after practice the last couple days, get Draper down from the office to teach these guys to get going in that element.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
I know I'm late on responding to this. But I wanted to share my thoughts on the first goal against.

I thought it shouldn't have been a goal. Not because it's Detroit, and I root for them or anything like that. But because he WAS being ran into. Let me explain.

I know Toronto, and the Montreal fans will cry the puck crossed the line before impact. Toronto said so as well as the refs, so it's got to be gospel. I believe they were missing the more subtle details before the impact took place.

For one, Mrazek was sliding, in butterfly position, from post to post. He was down. No way that trickling puck was getting through in any normal circumstance. But what do 99% of most goalies do when they brace for impact? Stand up, and try to dodge, leap, make legs limber etc etc before getting ran. As staying in butterfly, especially with a guy coming in 2 skates in first, would cause series damage to the junk, thighs, maybe shins. It was obvious Mrazek stood up to protect himself...and this exposed his 5-hole.

Did the refs have the foresite to read the situation? No. Toronto? No. The just assumed the Mrazek would be dumb enough to just stand there and let a slow moving puck cross between his legs. A 200lbs guy just about to hit him at the same time the puck does has no bearing on the play whatsoever.....yea right.

I think it was a botched call. The goalie was ran. It was risk injury by staying in butterfly....or protect himself, which he did. Doing that exposed his 5-hole, as we know the result. Makes me wonder, though....would they have called it a goal either way?

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I know I'm late on responding to this. But I wanted to share my thoughts on the first goal against.

I thought it shouldn't have been a goal. Not because it's Detroit, and I root for them or anything like that. But because he WAS being ran into. Let me explain.

I know Toronto, and the Montreal fans will cry the puck crossed the line before impact. Toronto said so as well as the refs, so it's got to be gospel. I believe they were missing the more subtle details before the impact took place.

For one, Mrazek was sliding, in butterfly position, from post to post. He was down. No way that trickling puck was getting through in any normal circumstance. But what do 99% of most goalies do when they brace for impact? Stand up, and try to dodge, leap, make legs limber etc etc before getting ran. As staying in butterfly, especially with a guy coming in 2 skates in first, would cause series damage to the junk, thighs, maybe shins. It was obvious Mrazek stood up to protect himself...and this exposed his 5-hole.

Did the refs have the foresite to read the situation? No. Toronto? No. The just assumed the Mrazek would be dumb enough to just stand there and let a slow moving puck cross between his legs. A 200lbs guy just about to hit him at the same time the puck does has no bearing on the play whatsoever.....yea right.

I think it was a botched call. The goalie was ran. It was risk injury by staying in butterfly....or protect himself, which he did. Doing that exposed his 5-hole, as we know the result. Makes me wonder, though....would they have called it a goal either way?

Those are all great points but in addition the frame-by-frame showed that the collision most definitely, objectively, occurred before the puck was in the net so the refs and Toronto lied.

So that simplifies the matter a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad