Post-Game Talk: Habs outshoot the Hawks AND outplay them for 10 mins in the first period!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
How is the defence "not bad at all"?

It's all icings, turn-overs and loss of possession.
It resulted in 3 goals just last night where the opposition scored.. virtually on top of our goaltender.

Weber has been vanilla.
Petry has made terrible decisions.
Alzner is non-existent in that I'm pretty sure he is a floating mist out there and pucks and bodies go through him.
Benn is a dumpster fire of bad decisions, terrible puck movement, terrible positionally and altogether horrendous.

In denial land, the Habs haven't gotten worse in the off-season and are still the "division winning 109 point team" of last season.

In denial land, everyone but a small group of enlightened rebels believe that the team's roster sucks and has holes everywhere.

In denial land, everyone is negative for no reason, and the team is "fine".

"Its only preseason/october/6 years in!!" Is the motto in denial land.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
In denial land, the Habs haven't gotten worse in the off-season and are still the "division winning 109 point team" of last season.

In denial land, everyone but a small group of enlightened rebels believe that the team's roster sucks and has holes everywhere.

I, for one, am willing to wait until Trade Deadlines (18-19-20-21), Offseasons (18-19-20-21), and Pre-Seasons (18-19-20-21) before I pass any judgement!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Denial land.. :laugh: This board is way more entertaining than Habs games that's for sure.

What is the population of denial land these days? Who's the mayor? :)

Reactions: BatVader

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017

while i agree we are worse this year, i think its a combination of us worse and other teams getting better,

toronto passing us is an example, i think they were passing us this year even if we had the exact same team as last year

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
How is the defence "not bad at all"?

Weber has been vanilla.
Well our defense only struggles against good teams. Its a good thing we won't face any good teams in the playoffs.
Also, I think it's really unfair to criticize Weber for this season. Yes, he isn't my favorite player, but he has been playing SO MUCH since this sad sack of shit called a d-core can't do anything right. He will be next to an oxygen tank by Christmas.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

ROCKZO

Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!
Oct 28, 2006
San Diego
There's a collective turn off, fans aren't stupid, they see the Leafs, they see the Oilers, they see a younger generational shift in players towards dynamic speedy scorers, they look at this team, they see players who aren't really dialled in to the interesting play they want to see, has this team played so differently in the last 15 years ? Is it the same 'hope the goalie bails us' system we've been used to seeing ?

As much as I hate bringing up old ghosts, this team got rid of their phenom 'dynamic' player last year. Yes he wasn't the 'optimal' team guy, but he proved last year that he was reacting to a lethargic system that couldn't produce a Stanley Cup winner.

In 2017-2018, this team will still go as far as Price - Huet - Halak - Theodore - Aebischer - goes. And that alone is a damning assessment of it's management.

I've tuned out, so have many others, the die hards I cannot emphasize how intensely I respect your commitment and love of this team.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I think Bergevin is doing a great job of building and planning for when Weber’s contract is over and his 7+ mil is off the books.
Habs 2027, Wooo Hooo!!!!

Reactions: Hardworker33

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
First period was excellent until the last 3 minutes. Transition was a lot better. PP really needs to start producing. Poor season's start but it's only four games in. Too many players play bad at the same. They'll turn this around.

On a side note, what a poor presentation show to start the evening. The weakest I ever saw.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Benn greatly outplayed his worth when he came last year.

Weber can only do so much, and is probably trying to do more since he's playing with a rookie.

Petry is so hit or miss lately. Not sure if it's just that he doesn't work well with people like Emelin or Alzner or whatever. I think Petry needs someone that plays a similar style.

Alzner is just Alzner. He's just meh. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Mostly non-existent.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Marinaro bringing up the Habs pro scouting and the types of players they recommend that MB acquire and them turning out to be disasters for the most part. I think he has a good point which he sometimes does come up with. :)

This entire front office needs a complete cleansing and a change in mentality on how to build a team for the current NHL which is about speed and skill instead of slow and dumb..

Marinaro is late to the party. We've been bringing out the deficiencies in the Habs' pro scouting dept for a considerable time now.

Reactions: sheed36

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Apparently it's really nice there. Over there, the Habs are the best team in the league. In fact, they're the only team in the league.

It was much more fun when Reds were playing Whites. That ought to be a league of their own.

Last edited:

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Team can't score, team can't win.
Prospect pool is empty...

erm...what are we trying to do here?

Time for the GM to put on his cape and do some dumpster diving, I hate to see the return he will get for 27.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad