Post-Game Talk: Habs Out-pen Pens in 5-1 Spanking -- Lord Byron Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah, he should be congratulated for a disaster of a tenure after 2 good games, one of which the team lost.

You should have known this would happen ...

jbaOarY.jpg

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
It was probably said back in this thread but I feel like Noah Juulsen was great yesterday against Sidney Crosby and Malkin!!!

During the game yesterday, I've just learn that MTL have the 2nd youngest forward group in the NHL, would probably be first whitout Plekanec.
Also overall were the 6th youngest team in the NHL.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Good to know we might not have a lottery pick early on, gets that hope out quickly.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Bob Cole is one of the greatest of all time and many of the robot announcers of today could learn from him. "Desjardins" Desjardins" ohhhh baby!!

Even I'm resigned to the idea that Cole needs to go now, and I'm one of the biggest Cole supporters out there.

It's not because of the name errors. I don't mind that too much. But the one thing we saw from last game is that he sounded surprised when most of those goals went in. He can't execute his great goal calls anymore.

Reactions: OldCraig71

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Some Coyotes fans called it -- we'd love Domi. Kid is a player. Smart, tenacious, even does a good interview. I love Galchenyuk's potential, but the question remains if he'll ever reach it.

Right now, Galchenyuk's the BMW with wonky transmission and Domi's the Nissan Maxima that never stops going.

Playmaking wise, I think Domi is more of an Infiniti than Nissan, although the Maxima is high end Nissan too :p

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
If you are paying attention, this team has not played like this in years. Puck support, an actual system instead of grind+price, etc.

This positive start is nothing like the ones we've had before. It looks much more sustainable

It doesnt feel like ''but da record''

It feels like the way they are playing makes sense and they are being rewarded

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I expect the traditional X-Mas slump as it always was for a smallish Habs team. It,s how the team gets over that hump that will dictate where it lands in the final rankings at season's end.

The Laval roster...

Agostino – Chaput – Grenier
Shinkaruk – McCarron – Froese
Jevpalovs – Vejdemo – Belzile
Audette – Evans – Alain
Lernout – Kulak
Lamarche – Plant
Sklenicka – Moravcik
Goaltenders:
Lindgren
McNiven
Scratches:
Ryan Culkin, Phelix Martineau, Jeremiah Addison, Hayden Verbeek, Antoine Waked, Gustav Olofsson, Michael Pezzetta, Morgan Adams-Moisan, T.J. Melancon, Cale Fleury

... doesn't promise much future help in more than a 4th line (fringe 3rd line) or 6th/7th D role.

Poehling and Suzuki (likely as a RW to replace a Scherbak that eventually doesn't pan out) might make the jump straight out of Juniors or College, but size doesn't seem to be in the plans for MON going forward, apart for Armia, if he sticks around and a larger C-line than we have had in the past:

Drouin (6'0") - Kotkaniemi (6'2") - Lehkonen (6'0"
Domi (5'10") - Poehling (6'2") - Suzuki (5'11")
Tatar (5'10") - Danault (6'1") - Gallagher (5'9")
Hudon (5'10")/Byron (5'9") - Shaw (5'11")/Hudon (5'10") - Aria (6'4")/Byron (5'9")/Shaw (5'11")

This lineup at forward is one that can be rolled out and score from any line, while being strong enough, defensively, to hold other teams' better lines off the scoresheet with some regularity.

However, it is a smallish team and fears of energy not holding up into the playoffs is, IMO, legitimate.
Seems about average for height and guys like Gallagher, Shaw and Domi play hard.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It doesnt feel like ''but da record''

It feels like the way they are playing makes sense and they are being rewarded

yeah getting REAL scoring chances. We're not being kept to the outside. Price isn't bailing us out though he's been really good so far. We're just flat out dominating. We're fun to watch. It does feel different then those couple years where we went on those crazy historic starts. It feels better now. More legit.

The tank could very well be compromised. We have to figure out a way to get more real top talent. We don't have the fire power as is. We do have a few guys who could be great additions in a few years but I think we sorely need that top talent to get us into contender territory. Don't know how we're gonna do that without high picks.

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
Even I'm resigned to the idea that Cole needs to go now, and I'm one of the biggest Cole supporters out there.

It's not because of the name errors. I don't mind that too much. But the one thing we saw from last game is that he sounded surprised when most of those goals went in. He can't execute his great goal calls anymore.

If anyone needs to hang it up after last night is Don Cherry what he was spouting regarding "Eller" and Marchand it is not needed in the NHL or anywhere period.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
If anyone needs to hang it up after last night is Don Cherry what he was spouting regarding "Eller" and Marchand it is not needed in the NHL or anywhere period.
Never understood why people like Cherry, he's a colossal xenophobic wind bag. And I don't know if he thinks his weird fabric suits are clever or whatnot but to me they only amplify his doucheness.

Edit: That's an odd mild insult to ban lol.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
What I liked the most about last game was how we would pressure the pens' defense in the defensive and neutral zones when all their forwards were expecting the puck to come to them. We created so many turnovers and stole a lot of pucks. It was fun to watch. The finish is lacking as usual. But it's definitely repeatable if the energy level stays high.

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
Never understood why people like Cherry, he's a colossal xenophobic wind bag. And I don't know if he thinks his weird fabric suits are clever or whatnot but to me they only amplify his *****eness.

Edit: That's an odd mild insult to ban lol.

Cherry thinks he has the upper hand with power and who he knows especially with Brian Burke when Burke was GM in Toronto Burke went to CBC to get him fired rumor was CBC stood with Cherry bad move,After last night when I saw Lars Eller skating off the ice with his hand cut open and that wind bag Cherry laughing at Eller his power people should be ashamed and CBC should be ashamed as well.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
So Budaj?
He was recalled today. Back up this year for the Kings is Jack Campbell, former 11th overall pick Dallas gave up on. Campbell did well with LA last year in 5 games. That being said if he does do well tonight or thuesday we might see good ole Peter on thursday against us.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Cherry thinks he has the upper hand with power and who he knows especially with Brian Burke when Burke was GM in Toronto Burke went to CBC to get him fired rumor was CBC stood with Cherry bad move,After last night when I saw Lars Eller skating off the ice with his hand cut open and that wind bag Cherry laughing at Eller his power people should be ashamed and CBC should be ashamed as well.
But if someone did it to one of the Bruins, or his Leafs he would have lost it.............the guy is still in the 60-70's

Apr 28, 2010
What I liked the most about last game was how we would pressure the pens' defense in the defensive and neutral zones when all their forwards were expecting the puck to come to them. We created so many turnovers and stole a lot of pucks. It was fun to watch. The finish is lacking as usual. But it's definitely repeatable if the energy level stays high.

Also love the fact that they didn't blow a 2 goal lead. They kept scoring. They also had Malkin, Kessel play defense pretty much all game.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
yeah getting REAL scoring chances. We're not being kept to the outside. Price isn't bailing us out though he's been really good so far. We're just flat out dominating. We're fun to watch. It does feel different then those couple years where we went on those crazy historic starts. It feels better now. More legit.

The tank could very well be compromised. We have to figure out a way to get more real top talent. We don't have the fire power as is. We do have a few guys who could be great additions in a few years but I think we sorely need that top talent to get us into contender territory. Don't know how we're gonna do that without high picks.

You have to draft well. We got Sergachev at #9, Barzal was #15, Erik Karlsson too. Heck, Weber and Subban were 2nd round picks, Larry Robinson too.

Instead of trying to tank, try to get the best hockey people money can buy.

Reactions: Habs Icing and zx81

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Maxima is high-end now? Sure wasn't when I was a kid, my dad had one for a short while and that thing broke down pretty often.

Maxima can be pricey last I checked. It's supposed to be Nissan's high end sedan (with the Nissan label).

The thing is, if you have the money to buy this car, then you also probably have money to buy Nissan's luxury brand (Infiniti).

It's sort of similar to the problem of Toyota Avalon. Why would I pay so much money for a Toyota logo, when that money can can also buy me a Lexus? (Toyota's luxury brand).

Reactions: DAChampion

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You have to draft well. We got Sergachev at #9, Barzal was #15, Erik Karlsson too. Heck, Weber and Subban were 2nd round picks, Larry Robinson too.

Instead of trying to tank, try to get the best hockey people money can buy.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Baby!

Apologies to Cole.

40Armia

Oct 8, 2018
Really? How dare some Habs fans be happy with the effort this team seems to put forward ?
I don’t blame them for being some what excited. This team is very fast and the coach has finally sat the old and slow !!!

Reactions: admiralcadillac
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad