Post-Game Talk: Habs or Knights. Who you picking to Win?

Habs or Knights. Who you picking to Win?

• Total voters

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
In Montreal police officers are routinely charged into allegations of corruption. RCMP anti-corruption unit finally started closely investigating Ottawa police as well. But RCMP itself is a shithole since the inception and their treatment of ingenious peoples even right now and constant sex related scandals. Majority of people in Quebec regard police as a coercion entity and no wonder, if there is a good opportunity, there are will be clashes and a violence against their property.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
206721665_10157749421112234_3198305644375577908_n.jpg

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm often one of those people on this board who reupdates those on who try to appeal to the 'No true Sens fan' fallacy whenever an argument arises.

But if you're cheering for the Habs, one of our divisional rivals, to win the cup? Hmmmmmmm. You sure you don't want to trade in your black and red for le bleu, blanc et rouge?

Cheering for the Habs big time and enjoying the ride.

Will be back to fully cheering for my Sens once the playoffs are done.

Eat my shorts.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
In Montreal police officers are routinely charged into allegations of corruption. RCMP anti-corruption unit finally started closely investigating Ottawa police as well. But RCMP itself is a shithole since the inception and their treatment of ingenious peoples even right now and constant sex related scandals. Majority of people in Quebec regard police as a coercion entity and no wonder, if there is a good opportunity, there are will be clashes and a violence against their property.

Definitely on board with turning pig cars over.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Your emotional attachment to Stone is becoming an unhealthy one...

So much wrong with this post but to answer your question - No, I would not want Stone at 10m for the next 6 seasons. Nothing absurd about it my guy, just frugal cap management.

Next - Yes I watched Stone all playoffs long. Did you? Everyone including Mark Stone is being hyper critical of his performance because it was putrid. It sort of feels like you were the one to watch him play just one or two games, and then assumed that he was the regular season version of himself in the other rounds this year. Spoiler Alert - he was not.

He had a 4 game pointless streak in between round one/two (two of them were in elimination games).

Then he had a 7 game pointless streak between rounds two/three - again two of those seven games were elimination games for his team.

And not only was he not contributing offensively at all, but by the end of the Montreal series he was literally hurting his team on the ice with indifferent plays and by being totally ineffective with the minutes he was given. He was the furthest thing from this line driving multiplier that you are describing, and wasn't playing what anyone would call a solid two-way game.

And his body language on the ice and bench (visibly frustrated/rattled/sulky), as the captain and leader, was no help at all to his very frustrated and floundering team with no confidence... Adverse situations are where the true great leaders shine, just saying... Mark Stone wears his his heart on his sleeve - which is great and his positivity is infectious when times are good - but its seemingly problematic when times are not so good, and hes the one thats expected to calm his team down and guide them through tricky waters.

Mark Stone is 29 years old now, and this myth that hes been this young budding star for the last 4 years is a fallacy. He was a 60pt player at age 22, and he did not just recently figure it all out...That was his prime, and we probably gave up 2 solid years of it in reality. And hes now very likely on his way out of it....

And Brannstrom is still only 21yrs old, 8 full years younger than Stone, what kind of nonsensical point are you trying to make about him playing in the ECF this year and struggling? On what team? And are we talking like Mark Stone struggling? Worse???
No words. Alot on your part but I just can't understand this point of view if you're watching the games.

Last edited:

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
No words. Alot on your part but I just can't understand this point of view if you're watching the games.

It's not a point of view. It's what everyone including Mark Stone says about his post season. It was bad.

It must be so nice to be able to shut out the whole world and stick to your narrow view of reality.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
It's not a point of view. It's what everyone including Mark Stone says about his post season. It was bad.

It must be so nice to be able to shut out the whole world and stick to your narrow view of reality.

His series vs the Habs was bad, yes. His previous 2 rounds were not. He was great against the Avs. I watched every game and he was a force.

16w

Jun 23, 2003

that was the last question of the post game conference so immediately after saying he wasn't hurt, you could tell he was doing the utmost to hide the pain of standing up but i noticed a grimace. he then gingerly walks off with what looks like someone trying to hide a limp.

i wonder how much of it is playing injured and how much of it is just cns fatigue from having to red line it every night for a month. historically, it seems like teams that have to empty the tank to beat out strong opponents (like colorado) are flat in the next round.

montreal has done a good job all playoffs of managing their energy with the calm and organized structure they play. i suspect some of it has to do with the longer break they were given due to the canucks delayed finish to the year. ducharme was able to use rest as a weapon™ and implement his system with the first real practice time they had.

i feel a bit dirty cheering on the habs but it's 2am, last call and bar's closing... gotta go with what's available

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
His series vs the Habs was bad, yes. His previous 2 rounds were not. He was great against the Avs. I watched every game and he was a force.

We have a different definition of what a 10m dollar "force" is I guess.

5pts/7gp - in round 1 (no points in games 6 or 7)

3pts/6gp - in round 2

You guys are trying waaaaaaay to hard to cover up Mark Stones shitty post season. Own it ffs. Mark Stone is.....

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
We have a different definition of what a 10m dollar force is I guess.

5pts/7gp - in round 1 (no points in games 6 or 7)

3pts/6gp - in round 2

You guys are trying waaaaaaay to hard to cover up Mark Stones shitty post season. Own it ffs. Mark Stone is.....

I would have liked to see a bit more offensively but he was a 3 zone monster. Its not all about points. You can accuse me of whatever the f*** you want. He was very good against the Avs. Gave the lines he matched up against very little.

He was brutal against the Habs. I call it like i see it.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I would have liked to see a bit more offensively but he was a 3 zone monster. Its not all about points. You can accuse me of whatever the f*** you want. He was very good against the Avs. Gave the lines he matched up against very little.

He was brutal against the Habs. I call it like i see it.

Keep in mind that one of those 3 zones he was a "monster" in was the offensive zone - like the one that hes getting paid most of that 10m per to shine in :nod:

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
How’re the Sens supposed to compete in the Atlantic division for a full season? Panthers, Lightning, Leafs, and Canadiens are all good teams. It’s going to be extremely tough.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad