Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre Part 3 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Oh, so now we're having to move either Pacioretty, Bourque, Galchenyuk, Eller or Prust to make room for Jagr? And what, making Ryder a fourth line left winger? Is the goal to trade Moen for Jagr (somehow)?

I'm loving this discussion. How about you petition the NHL to allow a five line so you can fit the players you want to trade for on the team?

First in the division. One of the best goal scoring teams in the league. Last thing you need to do is disrupt the locker for fantasies.

Actualy not a bad idea, who's with me?

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Gotta watch out for Bash Brothers 2.0: Danny "The Butcher" Briere and Claude "The Ghoul" Giroux.

Please find me something stranger happening than the first in division team in the NHL trading away their captain at the deadline who is second in goals for the team just because he doesn't fit the image some Canadiens fans want for the team and they replace him with a guy close to 10 years older than their captain just because it'd be neat to see him wear the CH and skate alongside the top center.

I'll wait.

I think a player got traded between periods not too long ago.

imisssaku

@imisssaku
Feb 11, 2012
twitter.com
If you can combine Moen with a low pick for a younger upgrade at the position, for sure.

Kaberle only has next year left on his contract and isn't as bad as people let on. He'd go for cheap, but I definitely think there's a market for such a proven puck-mover.

I would also be pretty keen on moving Gionta and his contract out the door... but it would have to be for an upgrade on RW, preferably a big one (as in size.) Trading your Captain going into the playoffs is probably not the best course of action though. Probably more of an off-season move.

I mean, how else are you going to make room for Jagr on Plekys wing next year?

Kikizaz

Jan 15, 2008
Victoria BC
We need to hop on the Dan Boyle bandwagon. If diaz can't play, he fills in and more. If Diaz can play, he's insurance on the always present "Markov potential INXXRY." Oh and he is also a pretty darn good player.

Boyle- Subban
Markov- Emelin
Gorges- Boullion

Ridiculously sexy. Well the top 3 at least :)

Oct 22, 2012
I thought Moen would be good for us in the playoffs, but I'm not so sure lately. Does not look as engaged in the play as he used to be.

Need to upgrade that 4th line. Prust will be doing all the heavy lifting once he comes back.

Can we get Jared Boll now? Plsss?

KingRoy33

Sep 7, 2010
We're going to need some gritty players for the playoffs and I could see Bergevin taking a look at 2 players who are having off seasons with their teams.

Brian Boyle & Max Talbot

Habs:
Boyle

NYR:
Moen
4th rd pick

Habs:
Talbot

Flyers:
Weber
3rd rd pick

Don't know if these deals are sufficient but would love to have these 2 guys in the lineup. Boyle is a big centre who can win faceoffs, has a great relationship with Prust. Talbot is a great PK and would help take some of the responsibility off Pleks.

Lineup with Boyle/Talbot

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Ryder - Pleks - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Bourque
Talbot - Boyle - Prust
Armstrong - White

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Bouillion - Diaz
Tinordi

Price
Budaj

Trembz

GHG
Jul 2, 2009
Canada
We're going to need some gritty players for the playoffs and I could see Bergevin taking a look at 2 players who are having off seasons with their teams.

Brian Boyle & Max Talbot

Habs:
Boyle

NYR:
Moen
4th rd pick

Habs:
Talbot

Flyers:
Weber
3rd rd pick

Don't know if these deals are sufficient but would love to have these 2 guys in the lineup. Boyle is a big centre who can win faceoffs, has a great relationship with Prust. Talbot is a great PK and would help take some of the responsibility off Pleks.

Lineup with Boyle/Talbot

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Ryder - Pleks - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Bourque
Talbot - Boyle - Prust
Armstrong - White

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Bouillion - Diaz
Tinordi

Price
Budaj

Sick bottom line

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
No. Room.

Man do people have a hard time understanding that concept.

Jagr can make room for you.. what concept?

Edit: Since everyone is posting lineups:

Ryder Plekanec Jagr
Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Bourque Eller Gionta
Galchenyuk White Prust

Armstrong, Moen & Dumont in the stands or somewhere else.

WestIslander

Feb 5, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
Lebrun: Bergevin is interested in Ryan Clowe

Last night on Melnick in the Afternoon, Lebrun said that Bergevin knows that the Boston Bruins are better built of the playoffs than the Habs are.

He also said that Bergevin would love to have Clowe and "calls have been made".

Imagine Clowe on a line with Prust?

WOW!

Gros Bonhomme

Benoit Brunet #1 Fan
Jan 21, 2011
Montreal
Interesting. Hoping the Habs can land him.. maybe a change of scenery would do him good.

What would it take to get him? Leblanc + 3rd? 2nd? Not good at those don't go crazy on me :laugh:

hogtownhabsfan*

I wouldn't be surprised if moved one of those 2nds for an upgrade, but I'm not sure we have room for Clowe. Though maybe Moen along with the pick would go the other way?

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
why not, hes UFA at ends year and probably upgrade over Armstrong but ugh, hes so slow and garbage this year :/

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
Interesting. Hoping the Habs can land him.. maybe a change of scenery would do him good.

What would it take to get him? Leblanc + 3rd? 2nd? Not good at those don't go crazy on me :laugh:

probably a 2nd, though hes not worth more then a 3d IMO

giving away a first round pick prospect and pick for clowe would be LOL

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
I think I am in the minority, but I don't want Clowe. Yes I get that he is physical, but he has been flat out brutal this year. Less points than Gomez, less goals than Martin Brodeur. Loses his mind on a regular basis.

We could stand to gain some size, but I'm not sure Clowe is the answer. If yes, I hope he's dirt cheap.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He did already state he was not interested in rentals, that being said, it could be dictated by what happens with the Pens or Bruins...if one of them picks up Iggy, then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad