Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre Part 2 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Habs Go

May 23, 2002
Mississauga
www.fanhome.com
If Carolina falls off the rails, I would like Alex Semin, I don't know what it would take to get him but I just think he would flourish in Montreal. He is also one of the highest plus/minus players in the NHL since 2008, suprising eh? He was the cancer in Washington but last time I checked they were definitely not better without him.

I'd like him too but it looks like the Canes are very happy with him. I have a feeling they will resign him soon.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
From all the games I saw, Murray is pretty terrible. I know a lot of SJ fans want him gone (some saying for free even), and I fear he may be way past his best before date.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
From all the games I saw, Murray is pretty terrible. I know a lot of SJ fans want him gone (some saying for free even), and I fear he may be way past his best before date.

For the price it might be worth the risk to add another veteran, especially if other teams have high asking prices for rentals. I think I would give Murray a shot, if you can't get excited and step your game up in MTL in the playoffs then yeah, you're done. :laugh:

dreamingofdrouin*

Gaborik has 1 less goal than Gionta .... Gaborik has 1 more point than Gonta.

"If he can't do it with Richards and Nash, why would he do it in monteal?" That's a weak argument. Semin couldn't do it with Ovechkin and Backstrom but he's playing very well this year. Look at Gaborik's history ...he had 40 goals just last year, he didn't just suddenly lose all his talent. I can say it's VERY likely that Gionta's production will be more or less the same next year or even worse while with Gaborik, I think everyone would agree that they expect him to put up a lot more points.

The guys I am bringing in are 65 years old but I am getting rid of 64 year old so that's a bad argument.

Yes Asham is 3 inches shorter than Moen but Gabroik is 5 inches bigger than Gionta. Aasham also destroys Moen in the physical aspect of the game.

And he's been payed a whopping 2.5 million for that extra point...
I don't want inconsistent, injury prone, may or may not work out, 30+ year olds being added to this team....that's the management of old that would make such a move and they did make that move in 2009........ why on earth would we create such a shake up when we're winning and gionta is playing a big role in our success.....the guys all heart, thats why he's our capatain...maybe he's not part of our future plans but hes great for us now.....dude im sorry, but it just makes no sense. Diaz...a first rounder?:amazed: valuable assets down the drain for a journeyman and a roll of the dice on yet another disinterested hockey player,,,,enough...gauthier and gainey are gone.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Just a quick question.

6'4" right handed center, Andreas Engqvist just got 36 points in 48 games in the KHL.....is he still an option for 4th line center? Is the Habs still own his rights?

Mue

Oct 20, 2006
Just a quick question.

6'4" right handed center, Andreas Engqvist just got 36 points in 48 games in the KHL.....is he still an option for 4th line center? Is the Habs still own his rights?

Yep, they still own his rights.

MarkersMark*

I really think MB is going to be fairly quiet around the deadline. I wouldn't be surprised to see him add an enforcer for the last few weeks of the season so we don't pick up more bruises than need be going into the playoffs, but that's it.

Between June 15th and July 4th though, watch out. Expect one, maybe two big moves.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
I really think MB is going to be fairly quiet around the deadline. I wouldn't be surprised to see him add an enforcer for the last few weeks of the season so we don't pick up more bruises than need be going into the playoffs, but that's it.

Between June 15th and July 4th though, watch out. Expect one, maybe two big moves.

Agreed he can't make changes now cause it's going so well but this summer he will continue to put his stamp on this team I suspect at least one trade at the draft, a few key free agent pickups and a big surprise this summer

MarkersMark*

Agreed he can't make changes now cause it's going so well but this summer he will continue to put his stamp on this team I suspect at least one trade at the draft, a few key free agent pickups and a big surprise this summer

Yeah, right now it's a sellers market. MB has made it clear that we aren't going to mortgage anything for a quick rental.

This summer we're in excellent shape cap-wise, and with the cap going down some teams might be looking at organizational overhauls. Hopefully we can benefit from that and our draft pick depth.

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada

Interesting list of UFA's at capgeeek. guys MB should have interest in...

1.Stallberg
2.Bickell
3.Lapierre
4.Clowe
5.Raymond

PricePkPatch*

Interesting list of UFA's at capgeeek. guys MB should have interest in...

1.Stallberg
2.Bickell
3.Lapierre
4.Clowe
5.Raymond

*sigh* I miss Lapierre. He was a form of psychological warfare that should be banned by the Geneva Convention, but he had the heart in the right place.

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
All except lapierre I'd add clarkson aswell

I would have added Clarkson also but you know he is gonna get a 5 year deal for $5M per so I don't think that fits in with MB style. The reason I only added cost effecient type players .. and Raymond just cause he is so fast

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Everyone is chasing the same free agents. That means the asking price is high. I don't think anyone, MB included thought we'd be in this position to be buyers. We can dangle a few bobbles but to get Clowe the Sharks will want too much and not just our castoffs. We're in a position of strength as well because we have NHL Ready prospects like Weber and Pateryn that won't likely get a real chance here for a couple years.

So who is expendable and attractive from the lineup.

Moen... I like him but he's replaced in our lineup when Bourque returns. He'd do well in SJ.
Kaberle.... Captain Obvious here.
Gionta.... Love him, but who else you gonna move in our top 9 to make room.

What prospects are we willing to move that are attractive enough.
We're deep at d... maybe Morgan Ellis or Pateryn.
Louis Leblanc might be good bait too. I don't think he'll ever get a real shot here.

For Clowe I'd give up one Roster player and 2 prospects. or a roster player 1 prospect and a 2nd rounder.

Patches/DD/Gally
Ryder/Pleks/Bourque
Galchenyuk/Eller/Clowe
Armstong/White/Prust

Drydenwasthebest

Jun 16, 2009
Everyone is chasing the same free agents. That means the asking price is high. I don't think anyone, MB included thought we'd be in this position to be buyers. We can dangle a few bobbles but to get Clowe the Sharks will want too much and not just our castoffs. We're in a position of strength as well because we have NHL Ready prospects like Weber and Pateryn that won't likely get a real chance here for a couple years.

Moen... I like him but he's replaced in our lineup when Bourque returns. He'd do well in SJ.
Gionta.... Love him, but who else you gonna move in our top 9 to make room.What prospects are we willing to move that are attractive enough.
Louis Leblanc might be good bait too. I don't think he'll ever get a real shot here.

For Clowe I'd give up one Roster player and 2 prospects. or a roster player 1 prospect and a 2nd rounder.

Patches/DD/Gally
Ryder/Pleks/Bourque
Galchenyuk/Eller/Clowe
Armstong/White/Prust

No.

You dump Ryder before you dump Gionta. Gionta brings a work ethic, a desire to win, the necessary leadership qualities, and enough point production to make Ryder the more expendable of the two.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal

Gionta.... Love him, but who else you gonna move in our top 9 to make room.

What prospects are we willing to move that are attractive enough.

Patches/DD/Gally
Ryder/Pleks/Bourque
Galchenyuk/Eller/Clowe
Armstong/White/Prust

Trading the captain right before the playoffs? Great way to boost morale!

dreamingofdrouin*

Trading the captain right before the playoffs? Great way to boost morale!

Exactly what I was gonna say.....what kind of message does is that send to your guys......he's a likeable guy in that room...he's their leader....u don't mess with that....he's a good captain....keep him around through the end of next season and you can even keep him for depth after that if u need to because he's gonna come cheaper.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
I would like 2 minor trade to help us this year

To Mtl - Jared Boll
to Clb -Travis Moen

To Mtl - Yannick Weber
To Chi - Sheldon Brookbank

Make my Habs more tougher!!!
Done, Bergevin did this trade today we now have Weber:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad