Pre-Game Talk: Habs-Oilers Tuesday March 30th at 7pm EST

Who win this one?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Can't wait to see who's in, who's out and if any taxi squad changes after today's practice.

Toffoli was supposed to be ready to go by now, but we had no update this week on his situation.

KK and Armia were still on Covid as of last night and since it takes more than one negative test, there's a good chance at least one of them will not dress for tomorrow's game.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Toffoli was supposed to be ready to go by now, but we had no update this week on his situation.

KK and Armia were still on Covid as of last night and since it takes more than one negative test, there's a good chance at least one of them will not dress for tomorrow's game.
MB said on Sat it would be unfair without practice to insert Toffoli in the lineup...likely next weekend return

Anyway this week is manageable, the schedule becomes nuts starting April 7th w 4GP in 6-days for consecutive 4-weeks

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
With no skating this whole time and only 1 practice before facing the red hot Oilers, I just hope we can snag a point.

tenor.gif

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I was listening to Eric staal talking to the media yesterday.

He mentioned how the Sabres had an okay start, and then covid hit the team, and they just never quite found their footing afterwards.

Let's hope the habs don't have that issue. This covid season has been just as bizarre as advertised.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Find it hard to believe that Habs will be able to compete with all that time without skating, hope I'm wrong of course. All I know is that when I missed a week of not skating, always a step behind.
Yep, going to be a tough one. I'd love for 2 points but I'd be happy with sneaking out a single tomorrow night.

Reactions: angusyoung

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I was listening to Eric staal talking to the media yesterday.

He mentioned how the Sabres had an okay start, and then covid hit the team, and they just never quite found their footing afterwards.

Let's hope the habs don't have that issue. This covid season has been just as bizarre as advertised.

whether or not we make it to the playoffs or do well in the playoffs, I'm hoping we can use this covid trade deadline to acquire more good players, as we did in the offseason.

Word is, it's still a buyers market. This team has needed a game breaker for a long time. I'd take a chance that Hall can get his game back in a new environment. The price shouldn't be too steep. MB will also be getting an LD, 100% for sure. Let's hope he's a good one.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Good news, the Oilers will be playing their 3rd road game in 4 nights.

Bad news, the Habs haven't been on the ice for like a week.

Not sure what to expect tomorrow :laugh:

Just happy to have a game to watch tomorrow.

If we manage to weather the storm early because the Oilers should have an edge to begin with. We should be okay as long as we don't try to out finesse them. :help:

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Having not skated in a week and given that they were playing mediocre at best prior, I don't think they have much of a chance. Let them prove me wrong.

Reactions: rik schau

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Any news on KK or Armia? One would think they are both positive since it’s been 7 days and neither tested negative for 4 straight days yet?

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
If we manage to weather the storm early because the Oilers should have an edge to begin with. We should be okay as long as we don't try to out finesse them. :help:

Ya I don't think Habs will out finesse them or anyone else for that matter anytime soon.

Reactions: Rapala
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino