Confirmed with Link: Habs name Martin St. Louis interim head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Good choice for the tank and maybe to teach kids. Watch him being chosen to groom Caufield.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
chandler.gif

Reactions: vokiel

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Doesn't matter if MSL is a good coach or not since we're rebuilding and tanking.
We just need someone who can have the team play at a respectable level (for a bottom team) and prioritize the development of the kids.
Can't be worse than how Ducharme coached this year.
Yup. I don't care about the losses, I want to see the proper compete level and proper use of the kids.

neopreneur

Sponsor
Jul 12, 2004
Aylmer, Qc
I'm speechless. Looking forward to the presser tomorrow, especially the justifications.
I have so many questions

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
We cant be worse than the present. It gets a fresh voice in and allows us the flexibility to let St louis go if he doesnt pan out

Not sure how exactly he could pan out considering he's an interim coach in a lost season where tanking is now the best approach. Sounds like a no-win situation for Marty.

Reactions: WickedPegJets

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
in case it gets buried in the Dom being fired thread,

For those that don't know, Harris/Struble are teammates of St.Louis's son. So you would have Kent Hughes son and MSL's son on the same team so clearly the two dads would have talked a good bit this year since I know it's been said Hughes saw many of his sons games and I assume the same is true for MSL. I know Primeau's dad was often at his Northeastern games.

So he coached his son's teams but his son has really struggled as a Freshman at Northeastern, just 1 goal in 26 games and gets very little playing time.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Not sure how exactly he could pan out considering he's an interim coach in a lost season where tanking is now the best approach. Sounds like a no-win situation for Marty.
Im more surprised he took the chance but I guess he figured he'd get his feet wet with coaching. Becoming coach of the Habs though is a very tough first job in coaching.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
hahahaha Habs being the Habs, his only coaching experience is mostly as an assistant coach for his sons teams, which is what Pee Wee level AAA? ouch.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
What has st louis been doing? Any coaching experience?

I mean, I find it odd that he accepts an interim tag on a team that probably won't do well for his coaching reputation. Unless he hasn't been coaching at all, then I get it because msl has very little leverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia