Value of: Habs moving down to 4-6

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Just take him at 3, no need to be all fancy and risk it....unless there are 2-3 players that are equally attractive to The Habs....

then they could move down to 5-7 and get one of their guys and maybe another prospect or pick

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
As a Ranger fan I would say here just like in other threads the only way we take the #3 is if Svechnikov is there, and then MTL would not trade the pick, so it is a non-starter between our teams in my mind. We would rather trade to 5-6 and get Wahlstrom or Kotkaniemi is what our board keeps saying.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
There’s a lot of talk of Montreal being interested in Kotkaniemi. I’m not sure if its true,but IF it is what would Ottawa, Arizona or Detroit be willing to offer to move up to 3?
Can't see the Habs trading down to get Kotkaniemi. Like Bergs said, its just too hard to a player like Toews at 3 when he was with the Hawks. Reports are Habs like Hayton too. Sounds like a Patches for mid-first to get him. Maybe if Kotkaniemi is still there at 10-15, Habs can add a 2nd to move up from 15-17 to get Kotkaniemi??

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Ottawa doesn't have the assets to move up (no 2nd or 3rd in 2018) and I'm not convinced Zadina is the 3rd highest ranked player on their list, so I doubt the Sens make much sense here. I think if anyone makes sense in this scenario it's the Wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad