Post-Game Talk: Habs lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Well, here’s a way to look at it…

Tampa had a two time Rocket winner, Hart winner, Norris and Vezina winner. Oh, I guess having an Art Ross and Ted Lindsey winner helps.

But the real game breaker is now the THREE time champ, Pat Maroon…

Top 2 line talents for TB and Leafs are basically a wash. Two offensive jugernauts. But TB is strong everywhere else too. You can't put all your eggs on stopping Kucherov and Point because they have four 6'3+ D's constantly rushing the puck. And what little chance we had were easily stopped by the best goalie of the league. If you want to win the Cup you need a star goalie. Hellebuyk, Fleury, Vasi and Price with the right team will win you a Cup, a goalie that let in a weak ass shot from terminally banged up Gallagher from far will win you nothing.

Jul 6, 2016
Habs did not lose.... Bolts won. A flawless team, super well built and talented. Guys like Kucherov, Point and Palat - none of them 1st round picks - were all overlooked by the 30 other organisations. After their heart braking elimination by Columbus, they beefed up their line up with Marroon, Goodrow and Coleman. They added an all star d-man like McDonagh, and this year a very reliable David Savard to a strong big talented d-corp. And they have, no doubt, the best goalie (they should check out his equipment though....)

Bolts would had beaten any other teams anyway. Colorado, Vegas, Leafs... Maybe in 6 games at the most.

As for the Habs, big kudos for their heart and determination. Glad to see youngsters emerge with Suzuki and Caufield, Romanov, and hopefully KK. I can't stand the crap Toffoli and Gally got. They were badly injured. Maybe using healthy Tatar and KK instead of these two would had helped a bit.... Maybe not ?

Anyway. That Habs team was supposed to be eliminated by the Leafs, and new GM and coaches already hired for next season !

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Round 1 (FLA 6 games):
TBL: 24GF 17GA

Round 2 (CAR 5 games):
TBL: 14GF 9GA

Round 3 (NYI 7 games):
TBL: 20GF 11GA

Round 4 (MTL 5 games):
TBL: 17GF 8GA

Easiest round for Tampa against Mtl.
They had harder times against their division rivals.

Reactions: llamateizer

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Scoring was better than last year with the additions and the run was longer. I do think we need more scoring but it's not going to change over night. All we can do is continue to ensure we have a strong team D and look at our options to improve the forward group.

I would not move too much away from the rolling 4 lines though. This heavy top 6 narrative don't work anymore. Not for deep runs. Tampa had issues with it for years until they added grit and better depth. Avs need to improve their overall depth as well. Leafs, Oilers, etc.

Would you make a move for Tarasenko? He's got a pretty good shot and he's strong on the puck. We need both of those areas IMO.

Also, who do you value more? Lehkonen or Armia?

I want to improve the offense, but think we need another playmaker like Suzuki more than another shooter.

We already have Gallagher, Anderson, Caufield, amd Toffoli who are more shooters than playmakers. Note that DD just said Gallagjer amd Toffoli were playing with groin injuries. So if that's true, they should be better next year than they were against Tampa.

I value Armia more than Lehkonen. Both are good 4th liners that can jump into the top 9. Lehkonen is the better defensive, shutdown, and all situations player. Armia is better offensively, and at puck possession.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Want to know how much this team is scrutinized? Plane just landed and LCN is showing it live simultaneously with the Dubé vaccination press conference.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Man I am so pumped for next season. @MarkovsKnee said training camp starts in 11 weeks, it really is so nice to have been part of the last game of of the season.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Jul 6, 2016
Has extra hard for me to see Sergachev and McDonagh lift the Stanley cup...

McDonagh never played for the Habs. I think, he never came for a rookie camp either.

Sergachev has played 4 games while he was still playing in the OHL.

Two very bad trades... Possibly. But what were the chances these two guys would play on the same team during their carreer ? Big thank you to the Rangers.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Who cares about Kucherov and what he said? Most of us would take him in a heartbeat on this team. He was drunk and celebrating, haven't we all said a few wrong things while intoxicated? The habs should use his words as motivation for next season, maybe someone will catch him with his head down in a meaningless game in January lol. People need to relax and not be so soft, Goddammit, people are hurt about everything today.

The habs showed guts and heart and made us proud, f*** Kucherov. Go Habs!
he got drunk that fast after the game?

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Teams have been circumventing the cap for awhile now - it was a built-in fail-safe for teams.

What the Bolts did is just as transactional as any other time a team has done this.

I agree, and I'd be curious to see what other teams were above the salary cap once the playoffs started. For example, didn't the Leafs pick up a player on LITR (Nash?) who was cleared to play once the playoffs started?

Reactions: 417

Dharvey08

Jan 21, 2021
Habs did not lose.... Bolts won. A flawless team, super well built and talented. Guys like Kucherov, Point and Palat - none of them 1st round picks - were all overlooked by the 30 other organisations. After their heart braking elimination by Columbus, they beefed up their line up with Marroon, Goodrow and Coleman. They added an all star d-man like McDonagh, and this year a very reliable David Savard to a strong big talented d-corp. And they have, no doubt, the best goalie (they should check out his equipment though....)

Bolts would had beaten any other teams anyway. Colorado, Vegas, Leafs... Maybe in 6 games at the most.

As for the Habs, big kudos for their heart and determination. Glad to see youngsters emerge with Suzuki and Caufield, Romanov, and hopefully KK. I can't stand the crap Toffoli and Gally got. They were badly injured. Maybe using healthy Tatar and KK instead of these two would had helped a bit.... Maybe not ?

Anyway. That Habs team was supposed to be eliminated by the Leafs, and new GM and coaches already hired for next season !
What hurts is that Palat and Kucherov were in the lhjmq and went by completely unoticed.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Kucherov was tipsy and his lil jab I think was funny people are overreacting.

Offended people should never hang out with players they say nasty shit all the time.

Source? Ryan O'Byrne and Tom Kostopoulos deleted cellphone footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad