Post-Game Talk: Habs lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
One is closer to the camera (which itself is very close), giving the perspective illusion that one is bigger.

Quit spoiling everyone's fun. He has two other goalies tucked inside his jersey helping him make saves and you know it! On top of that, the Lightning are circumventing the cap by paying them under the table.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Canadiens fall short in Game 5 of Cup Final, 'tough pill to swallow'

Canadiens coach Dominique Ducharme listed some of the injuries they played through, or at least the ones he could remember. Weber played with a thumb injury, defenseman Jeff Petry had a finger injury, forward Tyler Toffoli had a groin injury, and Gallagher had "a groin (injury) and more."
Explains why Toffoli was awful in the Tampa series. And now we know some of what Gallagher was playing through. I suspected a groin injury after he crashed into the net and looked as though he was shot.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Goddamn you are right, I never realised it but Alberta have a smaller population and they have two teams.

They have two largish cities with a rivalry. Quebec City should have a team but if they couldn't get enough fans in the '80s they won't now, plus I wouldn't want to give PKP more money, let him sit alone in his arena we paid for.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Don't man, I HIGHLY doubt that would've made a difference in the long run, Tampa was clearly the better team all around.
I can't stop thinking about how game 2 looks with those guys in instead of the Merrill - Gustafsson pair, and the winning goal last night happened with the Staal line on the ice. It's going to bug me for a long time.

I don't think we had a good chance to win but it's plausible those lineup changes are enough that it's 3-2 Tampa going back for game 6 right now.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I don't think you can until you have proof. Those are strong accusations that you can't throw lightly just for the sake of it. Refs are bad. News at 11. It's true for all sports cause they are humans and humans are flawed. There has not been any Canadian teams in the final before this year and since a long time because Canadian teams management sucked for most of the last 20 years. But i guess it's easier to just buy into conspiracy theories than to admit the truth. As for your argument i guess since the NHL agreed to penalize McSorley it means they wanted a Canadian team to win in 93. LA should actually be mad that the NHL was biased toward a Canadian team in 92-93 we stole a cup /s
Not saying that's my case.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The Kucherov comments are getting a lot of traction on RDS. This will take a life of its own.

Apparently, his agent added some more fuel to the fire.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The Kucherov comments are getting a lot of traction on RDS. This will take a life of its own.

Apparently, his agent added some more fuel to the fire.
Kucherov’s got the $, 2-rings...what are the fans going to do exactly?

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Canadiens coach Dominique Ducharme listed some of the injuries they played through, or at least the ones he could remember. Weber played with a thumb injury, defenseman Jeff Petry had a finger injury, forward Tyler Toffoli had a groin injury, and Gallagher had "a groin (injury) and more."
Explains why Toffoli was awful in the Tampa series. And now we know some of what Gallagher was playing through. I suspected a groin injury after he crashed into the net and looked as though he was shot.

Yes they were more than awful against Tampa. Why on earth play such injured players when you have healthy skating bodies available?:huh:

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Haven't read any of the posts, hope it isn't all negativity.

Because this team is in the best place they have been since the 93 run. The young talent is superb, and there is more on the way. Still have one of the best talent pools and all of our picks. We should have a decent amount of cap flex with the expansion draft + Tatar gone + resolution of the Drouin situation, +++. That's 15MM right there.

Our vets are clearly not done. Petry and Gally will bounce back, anyone writing off Gally hasn't been paying attention. Was clear, to me anyways, his hands are f***ed. He will heal and be 30g Gally again. Will the contract look great in 6 years? IDGAF, I want to see what he can do over the next three, which IMO, is a sure bet he continues to be the heart and soul of the team.

Price is still top 3 goalie in the world.

Weber is ageing out but was fantastic. Should have 2-4 more runs, but will need his minutes limited. Guhle should allow for that transition.

Anderson, Toffoli have term and aren't going anywhere. The young guns are only going to get better - Caulfield could be our first star type player since.....forever? KK is 20 ffs, Suzuki gets better every week. Evans is a legit shut down #4. Romanav will train like a madman over the summer and play 22 a night next year. Danault, who knows what we do there. I would pay him but good god why can't he chip in more offense, his defense is sublime but will be hard to put a value on that.

I am a glass half full guy, but in this case we all should be. Future is very bright fella's, this is a very good young team that is damn close.
This guy gets it

Reactions: japhi

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Greg Wyshynski has been worse for this but I've noticed a few reporters and writers seem a little salty the Habs made such a run. Give the team credit for making it this far.

Its also funny to listen to Leafs fans complain that its fun when the best teams win. To be the best you gotta win and the leafs haven't proven that in the playoffs yet.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
No, it was him who contacted the Remparts to come to the QMJHL, not the other way around. He could have blocked a trade to Rouyn but he didn't.
He wanted to come to the Q because the Dolts wanted some reassurance. And the Q was the best league for him: much less physical and offensive oriented.

The guy is uber talented. He's a premier player. Great player.

But he got picked later in the draft because he was known to be a drôle de pistolet. Many teams thought he would never cross the pond to come here.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Toffoli looked good against Vegas though.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Kucherov’s got the $, 2-rings...what are the fans going to do exactly?
I agree. But it's playing in repetition here right now, and pundits are commenting.

It will probably the usual Bronx cheer, I guess.

In the old days at the Bob here in old Hull, the glass was so low that some players and a ref got punched by spectators while skating. LOL. There were some pretty seedy folks at the Piques games in the 80's. LOL.

Won't happen in Mtl. So I expect some Bronx cheers.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Greg Wyshynski has been worse for this but I've noticed a few reporters and writers seem a little salty the Habs made such a run. Give the team credit for making it this far.

Its also funny to listen to Leafs fans complain that its fun when the best teams win. To be the best you gotta win and the leafs haven't proven that in the playoffs yet.

A couple of losers right here lol

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Toffoli, Gallagher, Staal and Perry didn't have the speed to compete vs TB. It seems Toffoli and Gallagher were injured? Also, while we have size in the back-end, we need someone that could jump into the rush. TB had 4, we had 1 (rarely 2).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Problem is our GM is still living in 2010 where he thinks a player like Staal is a superstar.

That's not what our GM thinks so it's not a problem. A 3rd rounder and you think Bergevin thinks he is still a superstar?

Weak context. Come up with something better where you don't have to exaggerate

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

I guess this only makes sense if the habs are truly a one-and-done team.

After the habs proving everyone wrong this year (including me on every front), I think we need to wait until the puck drop next season before we label this run as a fluke. I'm not into making predictions until I see next year's product on the ice.

All we know right now is that MB's vision was successful as they reached the SCF. You don't shutout the best players in the league in 4 consecutive series by fluke. Something worked very, very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad