Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Wings but Slaf earn 250k thanks to Hutson

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It was a fun season, with a lot of progression from our young players, and an honorable mention to Sean Monahan for his mentorship, it helped our young centers. We might challenge for a playoff spot next season, it all depends on what Dr Evil has up his sleeve at the draft and during the offseason. There might be some notable players available after the playoffs. Thank you all for the great laughs and conversation over the season. Cheers.

wilfpaiement

Apr 8, 2024
Hutson and Mailloux, particularly the former, had my heart pumping. My God, Hutson is a little wizard!!!

So hey, what can we say? That was the perfect tank game - Slaf hits the big 20-30-50 for the season, Caufield ends with almost 30, Suzuki with an incredible season, Matheson 50+ assists, two excellent goalies (I think Primeau for the future).

What could be a better way to end the season?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rozz and BLONG7

wilfpaiement

Apr 8, 2024
jiAhPOk.gif
Noiiiiiiiiiiiice bro

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Well we lost the game but we win the future!

Last three seasons have been rough, 55 to 68 to 76 points. Not good but at least clear progress.

Next season should be better again but do not think we will be playoff bound yet. I predict we get 87 points. Yes I predict before this season is even over.

Been a fun season regardless, thanks to all for posting. Please learn to spell LOSE properly in the Summer and also...

TOUCH GRASS INCELS!

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Next year is quite important as steps need to be made in the special teams department and zone structure. Dont want to be Buffalo 2.0 in that your team never really learns hockey has two ends of the ice

Fun watching Hutson. Does he need to marinate in the AHL, we will see. I dont think he would look out of place but is it best for him?

Slaf progression was huge. Suzuki just keeps slowly improving at a steady pace.

Onto draft, honestly MTL can use everything from a legit top pairing defenseman to star forward. I lean towards the forward but wont be that mad if you get a top pairing defenseman. Just take BPA

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
For another rebuild season, it was fun! Still odd to not feel too mad when they lose, can't wait until they're back in the playoffs... eventually...

Positives:
-That first line:nod:
-All the kids are fun to watch, HFHabs had a special treat with Lane and Logan for the final games
-Matheson with 62 points
-Newhook showing potential
-Gallagher back on the scoresheet out of nowhere
-The new and improved Armia
-Monahan's season and trade return
-Upcoming early first round pick
-Not that many injuries to key players (compared with the previous seasons)
-Celebrating five months of dating tomorrow with a girl who likes watching the Habs and sports as much as I do (switching to NHL playoffs, the WC, the Blue Jays and then the Olympics for the summer)
-Watching the games reading the great GDTs and having all the threads with your hot takes between games :laugh:

Negatives:
-Dach’s injury
-Matheson brain dead plays on D
-Gallagher's contract (cont.)
-Colin White with as many points this season as Chris Wideman (remember him? he's retiring btw) and Carey Price
-Powerdonkey, what happened to you
-Not looking good for the Rocket's chances to make the playoffs, would have been nice for the kids to get more experience

Meh:
-Looks like we may have 2 1B goalies, let's see next season (I guess this is my hot take). They were good but I'm not fully sold on them long-term yet
-The bottom six including Pearson (not like we had any expectations to begin with though)

Last edited:

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
This Habs team didn't have much top offensive talent outside of the 1st line but they were scrappy, never quit, showed up and played hard for MSL for pretty much every game this season.

MSL probably got all he could out of this Habs team and now we must wait 6 months for them to come back hopefully much better since I'm beyond tired of this tanking crap now.
I trust Roy will come back hot, out are Pearson and White. Ylonen & Pezz may not see a lot of ice time or be part of a trade.

Things are falling into place. Dvorak has been good since he's back, much better than White... keep and trade at tdl when Beck takes the 4th line center... One more year in the rebuild but a much better one I trust...

Reactions: Rozz

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The 6th seed is gonna win the lottery and move up to #1 so either the Habs or Arizona/Utah. Just wait and see. :)
We seen 5th jump to 3rd..and that would be amazing again... ......6 th jumps to 1? If it happens riots in the streets in Montreal.. and the Hfboard server will be destroyed and unrebuildable ....HBboards will have to ask Quebec govt for help to try to build a new server which could take as long as 3to 5 years....
Knowing the Quebec govt they likely give Hfboards 1 billion dollars to get back up and running....
Dangerous times.....

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
It's gonna be a B's vs Leafs and a Florida vs Tampa 1st round matchup.

I think the Leafs have a better shot vs the B's than vs Florida so once the Leafs saw that the Sens were leading the B's tonight they gave up to get this 1st round matchup instead. Likely not but I'm gonna think so anyway. :)

This is gonna be a really fun 1st round to watch. Bring it on.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The season is finally over!

Slaf got his 20 goals and 50 pts! Nobody expected that after the first 30 games this season. :cool:

5 players played all 82 games. We have to go back to the 2017-2018 season for at least that many...

Habs has a legit 1st line!
Gally/Newhook/Armia would make a great 3rd line next season.

HuGo has Spring/Summer cleaning to do with too many Ds and the bottom 6 need a revamp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad