Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Sens again. Outscored 10 to 4 over 2 games.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Trade RHP or send him down
F06BB644-7E69-42F3-8315-1CD7139E0184.jpeg

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm feeling that one of Dalibor Dvorsky, Brayden Yager, Will Smith or Zach Benson will be a Habs and i'm very happy about that!!

Hopoelly one of the latter 3.
Our boy Tkachuk was clutch.
Yes, he was. I read the Athletic article about what-if the Habs took Brady Tkachuk. In the end, it still worked out the best for us.. since if we keep Tkachuk, we likely re-sign Danault, and we likely stay mediocre and keep Bergevin around.

When I see Brady Tkachuk I wonder wtf Timmins was thinking not drafting that guy. Ottawa vs Montreal is going to be a good rivalry going forward I think.

Just like the Expos those jerseys are cursed

It's actually crazy they didn't take Brady. NHL ready, size, some skill, bite to his game. It's everything Bergevin fawned over and then he just rushed a project center.

So glad that regime is gone but so sad it took 10 years to do it and it cost us a cup with Subban, Price, Markov.

Reactions: DAChampion

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Hopoelly one of the latter 3.

You are not high on Dvorsky? You don't see top 6 potential in him?

He have great shot and great two-way ability. Maybe he don't have the factor "WOW" like Yager, Benson or Smith, but I think he is a safe pick even if scouts have question on his offensive upside. I believe that he have great offensive talent. But yeah, we have different view about a prospect and we never know, all can be bust, all be good, we are just talking at this moment.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You are not high on Dvorsky? You don't see top 6 potential in him?

He have great shot and great two-way ability. Maybe he don't have the factor "WOW" like Yager, Benson or Smith, but I think he is a safe pick even if scouts have question on his offensive upside. I believe that he have great offensive talent. But yeah, we have different view about a prospect and we never know, all can be bust, all be good, we are just talking at this moment.

I've soured more on Dvorsky throughout the year, just to the point that he's clearly a tier below Smith, Yager, Benson and even Cristall.

His offensive potential looks limited compared to those guys. He doesn't have the hockey sense, playmaking and stick skills of Smith. He doesn't have the skating and shot of Yager. He doesn't have the shiftiness, IQ and ability of Benson. He doesn't have the creativity and offensive skills of Cristall.

Dvorsky is more of a Florida pick player for me.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I've soured more on Dvorsky throughout the year, just to the point that he's clearly a tier below Smith, Yager, Benson and even Cristall.

His offensive potential looks limited compared to those guys. He doesn't have the hockey sense, playmaking and stick skills of Smith. He doesn't have the skating and shot of Yager. He doesn't have the shiftiness, IQ and ability of Benson. He doesn't have the creativity and offensive skills of Cristall.

Dvorsky is more of a Florida pick player for me.

If Habs are able to pick Dvorsky with Florida pick, that will be a fantastic day for Habs fan, IMO. The future will be 100% set if they able to draft Smith, Benson or Yager with Habs pick and Dvorsky or Cristall with Florida pick.

george3322

Feb 1, 2023
When I see Brady Tkachuk I wonder wtf Timmins was thinking not drafting that guy. Ottawa vs Montreal is going to be a good rivalry going forward I think.

Last years first overall pick bothers me even more than that one!!

They will never learn!!

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So I couldn't watch the third. Other than the goals, did I miss anything exciting? Watched the SN highlights but they were pretty blend.

Go tank! Go Curvy Duck!

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Sens are such a poverty franchise. They were celebrating like they won a cup last night playing against half a team :laugh:
They are pathetic. They are not contending for anything anytime soon. I mean, they barely beat a team that probably isn't a very good AHL team.

Reactions: Samhockey3

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Probably the best game one could ask for from MTL.

WE got so many guys to get rid of... maybe this is the year they finally have the fire sale they should have done so many time with Muscle Man Marc.
Loving the rise of RHP... however...... just please for the love of F*CKING GOD... do not make him into the next DD or Drouin in terms of playing favorites.. so tired of that shit and hope It never happens again.

Bring on the next game for the tanking sweepstakes!

Reactions: Death and amethyst

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Belzile and Ylonen back to AHL... is that a money move or we are anticipating some returns in a week.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
perfect game. look good, make it fun and most of all LOSE THE GAME.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Allen is not a playoff goalie, that is why St.Louis dumped him

I don't think it matters. I have seen none playoff performer suddenly getting out of their shell and finally doing some good. As a team you want all the weapons you can get. A team like the Oilers for example for the life of them cannot go far in the playoffs cause they don't have stellar goal tending. I would have taken Allen straight up if I were them. But now he's in a difficult stretch and his value has taken a hit. But for a long stretch this year both he and Mont were literally keeping the Habs alive. Hopefully Allen can get his game back so he can be traded.

Reactions: Runner77

george3322

Feb 1, 2023
I don't think it matters. I have seen none playoff performer suddenly getting out of their shell and finally doing some good. As a team you want all the weapons you can get. A team like the Oilers for example for the life of them cannot go far in the playoffs cause they don't have stellar goal tending. I would have taken Allen straight up if I were them. But now he's in a difficult stretch and his value has taken a hit. But for a long stretch this year both he and Mont were literally keeping the Habs alive. Hopefully Allen can get his game back so he can be traded.

Allen isn't any better than what Edmonton currently have,

If you think Allen is going to put them over the top, you are delusional,

Edmonton have been wasting their time with average goalies for years, they don't want another one,

Quantity doesn't equal quality, only one goalie can play at a time, Lol

Edmonton GM knows better, and so should you

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad