Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Sens again. Outscored 10 to 4 over 2 games.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
They clearly want to keep Primeau, hence the contract. The hope is that, on top of that, everyone else sees he’s not ready and that they cannot keep him on their NHL roster all year.
Monty was claimed at 25, Primeau is only 23.

I think they did everything they could to make sure he’s not claimed. The rest is a gamble, I guess we will see this September.

The scenario you are describing is valid but it’s one year early, after another year of devolpment I would not risk waiving him.

We will see what happens, they might have to carry 3 goalies too cause Florida didn't know about Price. If someone has goalie injuries they might snap Primeau up and give him a try.

I think they'll protect Primeau and Monty, and grab a veteran goalie who can go through waivers. Like Aaron Dell

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
We will see what happens, they might have to carry 3 goalies too cause Florida didn't know about Price. If someone has goalie injuries they might snap Primeau up and give him a try.

I think they'll protect Primeau and Monty, and grab a veteran goalie who can go through waivers. Like Aaron Dell
I would be sad for Cayden if he was the 3rd string goalie. Maybe they will but that won’t help him. I am sure they want to keep him but sometimes it also seems they don’t care about his devolpment at all.

Since last year everyone knows they needed a Kevin Poulin type to call-up in order to keep Primeau down.

I am starting to think the current front office just doesn’t care that much about the position.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I would be sad for Cayden if he was the 3rd string goalie. Maybe they will but that won’t help him. I am sure they want to keep him but sometimes it also seems they don’t care about his devolpment at all.

Since last year everyone knows they needed a Kevin Poulin type to call-up in order to keep Primeau down.

I am starting to think the current front office just doesn’t care that much about the position.
Carey Price will be back for the next cup run in 5 years...

• Haha
Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I'm not sure what they are doing with the goalie group at all.

I don't know if it isn't that they don't care.. but it might just not be their primary focus.. but they need to start making it one.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Yes, he was. I read the Athletic article about what-if the Habs took Brady Tkachuk. In the end, it still worked out the best for us.. since if we keep Tkachuk, we likely re-sign Danault, and we likely stay mediocre and keep Bergevin around.

This is an absurd amount of cope/trying to hindsight why you didn't want the pick. You don't pretend that 'things worked out the best for us' in not taken an excellent hockey player based on an assumption of what other moves would have occurred (especially something unrelated as Phil Danault) based on that. Nor does it mean that the Canadiens don't still crash with either of them. Look at the Senators since they drafted Tkachuk, for god's sakes.

The Habs should have taken Brady Tkachuk and would have an awesome player for it. The rest is nothing but useless speculation. Even in his first couple of years, you talked about 'how right' you were about him anyways because he was a 50 points player. Now he's been way better than that last year and PPG this year. So now it becomes, 'oh we would have remained mediocre so it's good we didn't pick him?'

Come on, man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad