Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Senators again

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Another 8 game losing streak perhaps? Can this team accomplish this again?
Yes, without a doubt. I’m pretty sure we are developing a blue chip defensive prospect on his off side. This shit has been going on for decades. WTF are we doing? This has to f***ing stop!

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Its hard to judge goaltenders on a game by game basis, its not as simple as most people think. I see Price making amazing saves game in and game out but he also gives up a lot of goals, thats not up for debate. He needs to trim down and he needs to be better, thats not up for debate either, but when I see the goals he gives, I just have a hard time blaming him. Allen hasn't made more high danger saves than Price, and he's given up his fair share of bad goals namely yesterday.

Its just the nature of the position, and why paying a goaltender 10.5 millions isn't a good idea.
You're clearly watching a different game than I am. Allen makes the tough saves and easy ones too.

And the analytics prove your bias.

Save above expected: Allen positive 1.5% (second in the league behind Vasilevskiy)
Price minus .43 (middle of the pack right around Markstrom and Koskinen, kinda where I peg Price as a goalie)

Any more excuses for Price?

Last edited:
Reactions: Habano

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
I'm going to laugh when the win the next game, and we all start praising the vets. We are manic. God I have missed hockey with this covid, nice to complain about hockey again.
Its more like a toxic relationship...

Habs promised they'd stop drinking yet we caught them hiding booze in the toilet tank.

Old habits die hard.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We are scared of the Ottawa Senators, let that sink in. We sat back all night and waited for them to beat us. That overtime was the worst performance I have ever witnessed from this team and that is saying something. Go back and watch Bucky Kachucky walk from the back of the net and stand in front until he scored without even getting garlic breath blown in his face. A beer league team would have defended better than that. f*** this sorry-ass team!

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
We are scared of the Ottawa Senators, let that sink in. We sat back all night and waited for them to beat us. That overtime was the worst performance I have ever witnessed from this team and that is saying something. Go back and watch Bucky Kachucky walk from the back of the net and stand in front until he scored without even getting garlic breath blown in his face. A beer league team would have defended better than that. f*** this sorry-ass team!
if Mtl would have been further back on their heels they would have fell on their *sses. Disgusting display of something (not hockey). I said in post game thread....no signing of Danault or Tatar. Trade Byron, Drouin, Armia and Chairot. Do not protect Price or Weber. This team stinks and we should tank like the Leafs, Oilers and Senators and rebuild by shooting for top 3 picks. Hold your nose for another decade!!

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
if Mtl would have been further back on their heels they would have fell on their *sses. Disgusting display of something (not hockey). I said in post game thread....no signing of Danault or Tatar. Trade Byron, Drouin, Armia and Chairot. Do not protect Price or Weber. This team stinks and we should tank like the Leafs, Oilers and Senators and rebuild by shooting for top 3 picks. Hold your nose for another decade!!

BiD.gif

...or not...:laugh:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
A large portion of this board wanted us to sell off last year, especially with suck a strong first round of the draft. It would have been awesome to potentially have had 2-3 picks in the first round.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
Time to buck up and win the 3 remaining games this week. It will be a big character test. Do we sink or swim?

Reactions: malcb33

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A large portion of this board wanted us to sell off last year, especially with suck a strong first round of the draft. It would have been awesome to potentially have had 2-3 picks in the first round.

We were on a rebuilding/ resetting trajectory and then the play-ins happened. Who knows what direction they might have taken otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad