Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Lightning. At least they didn't get shut out.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Lots of good young players to build on....

Lots of bad vet players (heartless) to get rid of... No leaders in that bunch to rely on. Too bad the four best vets were injured (Monahan, Savard and Gally + Matheson never had a chance to recover fully from his injuries). Nobody to back up properly Suzuki and Caufield + our young d-men.

Lack on NHL experience of the whole coaching staff.... MSL, Burrows, Letowski and Robidas have very few coaching experiences at NHL level. They need a seasoned vet to help them.

Next year

Let them sink it for this year. It's a learning process as much for our rookie players as it is for our rookie coaches (except burrows, he can gtfo).

A modicum of patience and understanding is needed.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I think the same as you dude but they don't think like you and me. The thing is, even if they try harder, the difference would be minimal. Evans, Dvo, Drou, Widem, Dado, Armia and Hoffman are just not good. They would need to bleed or to play with their highest energy like Maurice Richard to be on par with today's nhler. They are simply below average.
I think the NHL is more akin to civil servant jobs than free enterprise. Some players don't care they get paid either way.

We wanted losses, this is losses.

3-6-1 in our last 10 games, this is the rhythm we'll have going forward. Endless Tankists take heed: constant losing isn't pretty.
No it's not, but it is bearable when you are headed some where.

Jul 6, 2016
I think the NHL is more akin to civil servant jobs than free enterprise. Some players don't care they get paid either way.

The only problem with that is that some youngsters might get discouraged. Suzuki and Caufield are already less productive. Dach too. And our young d-men could lose morale and confidence in the second half of the season. It reminds me of the Nordiques in the late eighties-beginning of nineties.

I think Allen and Montambeault should share the net time 50-50.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Realistically, there's not much Hughes can do to move Dadonov, Drouin, Armia, Gallagher, and Hoffman. I think we're stuck with them until the end of the year at least.

And I don't expect there to be that many forward rookies available next year.
this is how you organically tank.
You know you have bad vets, you keep them and play them

no need for it to be pretty, but this is the year we can turn the franchise around for the next decade, why some still dont get it is beyond me.
we are tanking and the team if we take the whole year as a package, is fun to watch, win or lose

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Poor Drouin these games must be hard for him given his lack of anything with the Habs and what Serge has done with Tampa.
I don't know if he feels anything. Having 33 million dollars thrown his way for not achieving much at the NHL level ruined him from ever trying to be more. He can retire at the season's end and never have to worry about money again. He is used on the pp and in favorable situations just to appease the two franco networks that want something to sell to their viewers, there really isn't another logical reason.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Only one descriptive missing from the turds you named — you guessed it, « brutal ». This season can’t end soon enough.
LOL.............how did I miss that one..................pretty sure MSL knows, some of his decisions have been brutal!!
He may, have his orders, but man, it's time for Kent to grow a set, and waive a couple of vets.
As we all know, we don't mind losing this year, but the last several games, they have lost their jump without Monahan, and they are not playing for each other.

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad