Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Devils

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
6 straight losses.

Habs barely played, save for the last half of the third.

Oh well!
Well, basically what I want to see. Really a 2-1 game, for our 6th loss in a row. We played well against a very good team. Considering we had 10 players out with injuries. Devil's had no injuries I believe.

Allen with 32 stops in 34 shots had a good game
Suzuki was 12-5 in faceoff circle. For 70% faceoff percentage. He's coming along well in that department.

Anderson led team with 7 hits. He was throwing his weight around. Guhle was solid, our best defenseman tonight. He has come along well, considering not playing a game in minors. Next year could be big year for him. Gurianov played better this game than last 3 games. RHP is going to be good energy bottom 6 forward. He smart player with decent wheels. Can play up in a pinch. Our new Lekhonen? Drouin reminds me of Scotty Gomez his last year here.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Well, basically what I want to see. Really a 2-1 game, for our 6th loss in a row. We played well against a very good team. Considering we had 10 players out with injuries. Devil's had no injuries I believe.

Allen with 32 stops in 34 shots had a good game
Suzuki was 12-5 in faceoff circle. For 70% faceoff percentage. He's coming along well in that department.

Anderson led team with 7 hits. He was throwing his weight around. Guhle was solid, our best defenseman tonight. He has come along well, considering not playing a game in minors. Next year could be big year for him. Gurianov played better this game than last 3 games. RHP is going to be good energy bottom 6 forward. He smart player with decent wheels. Can play up in a pinch. Our new Lekhonen? Drouin reminds me of Scotty Gomez his last year here.
Anderson has been the best Habs forward game in / game out for a while now

Reactions: HabbyGuy and BigM2

NHLInjuryViz

Feb 12, 2020
The SOIR inclusion is dumb. They have Amirov & Dahlstrom on there. 2 players out for season, who would never have played a single game for them, but will account for 164 man games lost.

It makes it look a lot worse than it is. At least, if Byron and Price were healthy they'd actually be playing for Montreal. You can't say that for the Leafs two.
Think the "expert" jibe about SOIR cases in that tweet might be a shot at me, since I don't count them (generally unless the player stays on the roster once healthy, which is rare).

The Leafs aren't the only team with a player on SOIR all season (see below) but their additions do make a big difference to their MGL total, moving it from "fairly high" to "almost the most in the league". This leads to a sizable minority of their fans being aware they've had a fairly high number of injuries but not being curious enough to actually count them believing that they've suffered almost 500 MGL to roster players, which isn't the case.

In fairness, I don't count Price in the Canadiens' numbers either, since he's broadly accepted to have retired. I am counting Byron, since it sounded at the start of the season like he was still a possibility to return, though appreciate that now looks unlikely. (Where the other 50-odd games to get the Canadiens to 540 come from, I don't know.) Not a black and white judgment on any of this stuff but I'd rather be transparent.

My MGL numbers and the "full fat" version summarised here:
Fq4pGIqX0AAqzk9.png

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Not to be a numbers jerk, but I think it would be admirable if both Monty and Allen could finish with save percentages over.900, especially considering how often they were hung out to dry earlier in the season. I think Monty has definitely improved over the past season and Jake has been very steady lately. Again numbers are only part of the story. I unfortunately have to admit I go into the games hoping for a competitive L. I never thought I would feel that way after 55 years of devotion to the Habs, but as that stupid expression goes…”It is what it is “

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad