Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Broons.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Dach and Matheson were outstanding. Suzuki I thought played well. Those three, with Guhle, Caufield and Xhekaj are a good core to build championship team around. Hopefully, Slaf develops into core piece as well.

Allen let in a softie on the first one. Drouin I thought played better. Gurianov should have scored there. Does Drouin deserve a PTO at camp this fall?

Overall I thought we went toe to toe with a team having a great year. Habs outshot Boston. Boston has big advantage this season. Bergeron is signed for 2 million, Krejic 1.5. They should be making upwards of 15 million. That's why they able to have season they are having.

Habs have so many injuries it's hard to tell what we have for a team.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Greer gets one game for that vicious hit to the face, what a joke the NHL proves itself to be, once again. Remember when Byron got 3 games for jumping 2" off the ice for a hit? lol

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Does Dach remind anyone of Jason Spezza? 6'4 RH Center with excellent skills. Not the Maple Leaf Spezza but the Ottawa Spezza...

Spezza was a phenomenal stickhandler. I don't know if dach has the same level of skill, but there are some comparables. Dach is probably more hard nosed than Spezza though... Certainly more hard nosed than spezza at the same age.

Dach's vision and ability to use his body and slow the play down remind me somewhat of Getzlaf. That doesn't mean I expect him to be Getzlaf though. At his best, Getzlaf was a nasty peice of business that was more like a modern day messier.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
A blatant crosscheck to the face gets you one game. Next season someone on the Habs will address Greer.
The floor is too low on that type of infraction. 3 minimum because there is no way you can claim "I didn't mean it" I look at what they gave Suzuki a $2500 dollar fine for and compare it to this and realize the metrics are all out of whack.

Greer gets one game for that vicious hit to the face, what a joke the NHL proves itself to be, once again. Remember when Byron got 3 games for jumping 2" off the ice for a hit? lol
He was wearing the wrong colors.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
Spezza was a phenomenal stickhandler. I don't know if dach has the same level of skill, but there are some comparables. Dach is probably more hard nosed than Spezza though... Certainly more hard nosed than spezza at the same age.

Dach's vision and ability to use his body and slow the play down remind me somewhat of Getzlaf. That doesn't mean I expect him to be Getzlaf though. At his best, Getzlaf was a nasty peice of business that was more like a modern day messier.
Yea Spezza and Getzlaf are big names to put in the same sentence as Dach, but I can see some similarities. IF Dach can become a 60pts two way center for us, it would be real good, Type of player to have playoff success too.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This team will improve leaps and bounds if only from a good medical team that can keep players on the ice AND jettisoning useless vets.

There’s so much dead weight on this team yet the young players are shining through. Very exciting times coming soon for us methinks
I don't think the plan worked out on one front with so many rookies breaking in particularly on D. The wear and tear, travel, and mental fatigue. of an NHL season on young talent. I've consistently said our worst move was not subbing in Wideman far more than we did and rotate those kids out for a rest, helping the tank at the same time. It seems a handful of wins was more important, What a shame. :ha:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I'm wondering how good Dach and Suzuki can become once we've finished rebuilding our top 6. We don't have anywhere near the types of players both Getzlaf and Spezza were working with.

Jul 6, 2016
The fact that Bergevin decided that his most constant line was expandable and that he got absolutely nothing in return for it is astounding for me.

We have to undestand that he did a 5 year rebuild before destroying his team one more time.

I can't say enough how Bergevin was detrimental for the Habs. We should be contender right now. We lost at least 5 years.
yes and no. Bergevin did not know that Weber and Price were on their last legs. The acquisitions of Tatar, Suzuki, Toffoli, Danault, Edmundson, Chiarot, Allen, Anderson and even Armia, had lots of impact on that last Stanley Cup run. On the negative side: the Drouin for Segachev trade was awful, and the signings of Gally, Armia, Hoffman on long terms were also terrible. The non re-signing of Danault was misguided too. Lots of his draft picks (and Timmins) are now reaching NHL. Could had been better too.

I am trying to figure out how would be the actual Habs team with Toffoli-Danault-Lehkonen, Tatar and KK (OR Thatchuck), instead of Hoffman, Drouin, Armia, Gally, Dvorak......

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

The floor is too low on that type of infraction. 3 minimum because there is no way you can claim "I didn't mean it" I look at what they gave Suzuki a $2500 dollar fine for and compare it to this and realize the metrics are all out of whack.

He was wearing the wrong colors.

Game #82 is vs Boston.

$4,000 and 1 game for a row of chicklets is unacceptable. What a joke.
One word:
Jacobs

Reactions: Rapala

Jul 6, 2016
One game? This is a f***ing joke. That was nasty and with intent to injure. Should be three games minimum.
Yes. it's a f***ing joke because he is playing with the Bruins, Bettman's pets.

• Wow
Reactions: the

durojean

May 29, 2007
yes and no. Bergevin did not know that Weber and Price were on their last legs. The acquisitions of Tatar, Suzuki, Toffoli, Danault, Edmundson, Chiarot, Allen, Anderson and even Armia, had lots of impact on that last Stanley Cup run. On the negative side: the Drouin for Segachev trade was awful, and the signings of Gally, Armia, Hoffman on long terms were also terrible. The non re-signing of Danault was misguided too. Lots of his draft picks (and Timmins) are now reaching NHL. Could had been better too.

I am trying to figure out how would be the actual Habs team with Toffoli-Danault-Lehkonen, Tatar and KK (OR Thatchuck), instead of Hoffman, Drouin, Armia, Gally, Dvorak......
Bergevin actually had inside knowledge. If he could not predict that Weber and Price were on their last legs, he’s stupider than we thoughts.

Kk should still be a Habs and we should have received something for Danault and Tatar.

We actually should have received something for Weber and Price too…

Bergevin was absymal.

• Love
Reactions: the, LaP and Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Bergevin actually had inside knowledge. If he could not predict that Weber and Price were on their last legs, he’s stupider than we thoughts.

Kk should still be a Habs and we should have received something for Danault and Tatar.

Bergevin was absymal.
Webers issues were discussed in length the previous season and Price was always on thin ice as his absenteeism indicated. No one in their right mind will buy that argument.

Reactions: morhilane

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Bergevin was absymal.
Honestly, I keep Danault, Weber, and Price with hindsight knowing that we would get a fun SCF run with them. I value that entertainment more than whatever we would’ve got for those players in a trade. It was super dumb luck on Bergevin’s part but it was still worth it. And KK screwed us. There was no way to justify giving him what he got from Carolina, and I wouldn’t have given him the extension he got either. The mistake made there was trading the picks for Dvorak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad